Not sure how to Proceed

So I've just started playing and I've spent way more money that I would like to admit, like way way more. That being said I've also unlocked quite a few characters and not really sure where to proceed.

Right now for Arena I'm using:
Lvl 40/4* Barriss Offee Lvl 5 Gear, 4/4/4/2 for abilities (Leader)
Lvl 41/5* Jedi Counsular Lvl 5 Gear, 1/1/3 for Abilities
Lvl 40/4* Luminari Unduli Lvl 5 Gear, 1/2/2/1 for Abilities
Lvl 40/4* Mace Windu Lvl 4 Gear, 2/1/3/1 for Abilities (Old leader)
Lvl 40/4* Darth Maul lvl V gear, 1/1/1/3 for abilities

It seems to do alright but really lacks the ability to do damage so if i come up against a similar Barriss/JC/Luminari comp I time out as getting destroyed by teams with 2-3 of Cad Bane/Dooku/Maul. I'm not sure if I should change my team around and if so how. Right now i'm planning on farming up Luminari with GW, Sid through Arena (easy top 20 with that team and occasionally able to get top 10 before being sniped out, highest opponent in top 6 I've seen is at 12K), and in the Catarina I'm barely able to farm tokens so been using it mostly to get Ability materialsf or now.

I also have(No abilities upgraded unless noted, gear not mentioned is level 3 and below):
Lvl 40/4* Captain Phasma lvl 4 Gear
Lvl 40/4* Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) Lvl 4 gear
Lvl 40/3* Cad Bane
Lvl 39/4* Ahsoka Tano
Lvl 39/4* Finn Lvl 4 Gear, 1/3/2/1
Lvl 39/4* Kylo Ren lvl 4 Gear 1/2/1/1
Lvl 38/4* Asajj Ventress
Lvl 38/4* Clone Wars Chewi Lvl 4 gear 1/1/1/3
Lvl 38/3* Princess Leia lvl 4 Gear 1/2/1/3
Lvl 37/3* Jawa
Lvl 37/3* Jedi Knight Guardian
Lvl 37/3* Poe Dameron
Lvl 37/3* Resistance Trooper
Lvl 35/3* Talia
Lvl 31/4* General Veers
lvl 31/4* Nightsister Initiate
lvl 31/3* Royal Guard
lvl 31/3* Stormtrooper
lvl 31/2* Biggs Darklighter
lvl 31/2* Ewok Scout
lvl 31/2* Snowtrooper
lvl 17/3* Clone Sergeant -Phase 1
Lvl 4/4* Kit Fisto
Lvl 2/3* First Order Officer
lvl 1/3* Aayla Secura
Lvl 1/3* CT-5555 "Fives"
lvl 1/3* IG-1000 MagnaGuard
lvl 1/2* Ewok Elder
lvl 1/2* Mob Enforcer
lvl 1/2* Qui-Gon Jinn
lvl 1/1* Coruscant Underworld Police
Lvl 1/1* First Order TIE Pilot
lvl 1/1* Genosian Soldier

Obviously this list is probably More than you need to see but it's just an idea of what I have at my disposal right now. I've been trying to gear up some of the other characters like Ahsoka but then I keep questioning whether he or Old Ben would be better, is Maul the right choice, what about Mace Windu needing replaced. I'm just really not sure. Any help in how to proceed ot make my team better would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• TheVinegru
    366 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Are you farming Sidious with your arena tokens?
  • Options
    Yes, I just started farming Sidious with my Arena tokens, farming Luminari with my GW tokens, and Catarina tokens seem to come so slowly that I've been using them to buy ability mats.
  • Options
    Entering top 10 would be tricky but you have the bench for it.First of all i would get rid of mace and put Kylo or Kenobi. Kenobi is tankier but honestly Kylo is too good to be benched. Get rid of Barriss too. You have 2 healer - it is more then enough. Put sid instead of Barriss. But there will be some time until Sid so i recommend to put Phasma as leader instead of Barriss. Phasma and Kylo have good synergy between them so it should be crushing for your opponents. You have plenty of toons so just experiment with your squad - that is the way to get more powerful .
  • Options
    I would avoid ability mats. You get them in GW and in cantina battles and in some challenges. The cost is pretty high for them in the cantina vendor.

Raising toons in the cantina is slow but many are worth the time. You may have to wait another day to level a skill but heroes are worth the trade.
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    Entering top 10 would be tricky but you have the bench for it.First of all i would get rid of mace and put Kylo or Kenobi. Kenobi is tankier but honestly Kylo is too good to be benched. Get rid of Barriss too. You have 2 healer - it is more then enough. Put sid instead of Barriss. But there will be some time until Sid so i recommend to put Phasma as leader instead of Barriss. Phasma and Kylo have good synergy between them so it should be crushing for your opponents. You have plenty of toons so just experiment with your squad - that is the way to get more powerful .

Thanks a lot for the advice on this one. I just made the change and did what I could to gear up my Phasma better before taking it to the Arena. It worked well vs a team with HK-66(Leader), IG-86, IG-88, JC, and Barriss. I might end up needing to replace Maul due to how easy he is to focus down but it's definitely a good adjustment, defintely let me fight through the heals that were coming through with Barriss and JC.

I think I'll keep the other team for GW though as it seems to be able to finish fights, even ones vs higher level opponents, at near full health with all the heals. Probably use Kylo or Kit though instead of Mace in those line-ups.
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I would avoid ability mats. You get them in GW and in cantina battles and in some challenges. The cost is pretty high for them in the cantina vendor.

Raising toons in the cantina is slow but many are worth the time. You may have to wait another day to level a skill but heroes are worth the trade.

Good point. Which toon should i get from Cantina? "Fives", Daka, Boba, or Ahsoka?
  • Options
    Don't be so harsh on Dm - the guy is a beast. Ye no doubt he is squishy but he is your best toon against all the healers nowadays (cuz most of them are jedi). I run DM and he always survives to take 1 or even 2 chars with him. For 4* character i think he is pretty good. Iven if he got focused your Lumi is pretty fast so she can heal him and it would be fine. Don't give up on him, trust me. Atm best squads are running DM, Sid , Kylo and Vader - very fast, very potent squad and with a healer and that massive aoe, devastating...
  • Options
    Get Daka first, then prioritize what characters would compliment best.. I'd say fives/boba..
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    Don't be so harsh on Dm - the guy is a beast. Ye no doubt he is squishy but he is your best toon against all the healers nowadays (cuz most of them are jedi). I run DM and he always survives to take 1 or even 2 chars with him. For 4* character i think he is pretty good. Iven if he got focused your Lumi is pretty fast so she can heal him and it would be fine. Don't give up on him, trust me. Atm best squads are running DM, Sid , Kylo and Vader - very fast, very potent squad and with a healer and that massive aoe, devastating...

I'll keep working on him, I really like him and don't want to replace him, but he does die pretty fast. Might just need to get some more points in his abilities so they do more dmg. Or possibly run someone that can buff his attacks as well. In GW I'll probably start subbing him out vs teams with few if any Jedi and run Kylo instead with my old healer heavy team that I can just outsustain with strategic retreats.
  • Options
    Yeah, Daka is probably the wiser first choice, at least until she's strong enough to heal in the upper DS-Hard missions, I'm regretting not getting her first as I have to carefully borrow a Daka and most of them suck on my server. I'm like 25 shards or so from unlocking her so I can do more of the DS table.

I am currently planning on fives after Daka as I don't like the RNG of boba feta ability block. And I love counter teams and fives could be a good Dooku replacement for me.

And I still love Ahsoka but as others will point out she doesn't fight Sid well and her heal seems a bit buggy for now. The cantina shipments have a lot that I want but in this order: Daka to 5* (for PVE) > Ahsoka to 6* (almost done anyway) > fives to 6* > Boba to 6*. That should take care of the next six months or so. Now if only arena and GW had as many...
  • Options
    ur lacking damage output. you definatley need to get that sid and keep upgrading him. then u need some toons that get good crot bonus. I like fives, start upgrading him, he works pretty good with the ai in arena. when u attack in PvP or even gw, u should try using only lumina, lumina hits hard and can heal. u need to work in more damage output. defense is a whole different thing, maybe on ur last arena battle field ur 3 healer team for better defense.