Mobile Games in a Nutshell

I bet this gets deleted real quick. But here goes.

I'm starting to notice a bad trend in mobile gaming apps. Any popular game out there starts out well, players are happy, devs are decent to their players, and whales are born. The producers of the game get a fair bit of $$ from their whales and pump more content and watch the whales grow and multiply, along with all the little f2p fish in the sea, which are 90% of the player base. Then along comes the update of all updates, sure to make everyone happy. Turns out, no one enjoys the update because it alters the core of the game, it is no longer the same. Eventually all the f2p fish die because they no longer can progress and can't/don't put money into it. This starves the whales because now no one is around to admire their toy they spend on, and eventually the whales die and the game is no longer alive.

EA, avoid your past (yes I pulled that card), and don't make this game another cash grab blast from the past. This is your chance to prove you truly, actually care about your players. If you fall into the unfortunate pattern, don't be surprised when your goldmine of a Star Wars fan base drops out from under you (say hello to Supercell for me if it does).

Replies

• Red5
    21 posts Member
    Think of it this way. If you were to buy a brand new game, you'd spend, $50-60. Six months old, $29.99 max. Older, $19.99. Older still; $9.99........