Ventress Question

I have her in level 5 gear but haven't really leveled her skills yet so it would take a while and I'm still farming Sid anyway for like another month or so.

I'm considering swapping my Asoka (who I actually really like) with ventress for more stuns and buff removal. So the questions are:
1. Is she still bugging out in dispel?
2. How reliable are her stuns?
3. How bad is her speed when not in a leader role?

I'm currently running JC/Asoka/Dooku/Sid/Lumi

I was also considering going with a team with Ventress/Asoka/Lumi/JC/Sid with Asoka leading.

Anyway just wondering what you guys think since her update.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    1. Unclear. I only try to use it on taunts now, and it's often resisted. But not always. I think I tried it on advantage once and it worked, and that was a nice bonus heal. I think it is still bugged on defense buffs.
    2. Pretty good, given that it's a primary attack.
    3. She's slow.
    I have Ahsoka too from the same package and I think Asajj is flatly better, especially now that everyone is running 6* and 7* Darth "Whoops, You Missed, Jedi!" Sidious.
    One key to her is learning how to use her AoE. You want to try to time guys who are almost dead, whenever possible, so she can AoE them to get her reset, while avoiding giving nearly-dead guys a chance for bonus attacks or to be healed.
    Sadly I may have to take her out of my PvP squad. I've just been training up Phasma and Kylo, Lumi is a given, and I have Sid and Dooku. One of her, Sid or Dooku will have to go if I'm using Phasma as leader. It's a tough call, unless I decide I don't like Kylo (but so far, I do).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I don't have Kylo yet and my Dooku is coming up on 5* very slowly. I've borrowed him a few times but don't really have the right setup as I don't have phasma and my other FO heroes are sitting at level one.

And if I ever get some lucky packs it would be fun to run a counter/assist team with phasma lead just to really git a ton of hits out fast, especially against AOE sith teams.
  • Options
    1. She doesn't dispel protection but other than that, especially all team buff, she makes wonder.
    2.dont rely on her stunt cause the chance is quite low.
    3.she is slow.

With recent patch her AOE damage with her self buff hit like a truck.
    She is in my main team for every mode now, a very useful characters.
  • Options
    Well either way I guess I'll go with her after Sid is done.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Her stun chance is low but upgrades to 35% cheaply (level 3) and she's literally the only character who does serious damage and also stuns on 1/3 of her attacks. She's one of my key "anti-Dooku" characters, since a stunned Dooku is a dead Dooku. (Ironically, my own Dooku is the other.)
    She will be hard to replace.
    Honestly, once I star her up, I think she will give Sidious a run for his money. I am starting to think Sidious is somewhat overrated, and if anyone is due for a nerf, it's him. He's used in literally EVERY team I encounter.
  • Options
    I've been watching the Sid AI as I use him also and he is in almost every match as you mentioned but his AOE doesn't really put me into much danger. I just have a heal from JC/Lumi ready to go, then I just burst him with Dooku and my Sid so I don't get stuck unable to heal. Without a fast taunt, Sid dies easily. At least with AI control.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yep. He's useful on offense, but so are a lot of other characters. On defense he dies fast unless there is a more dangerous enemy.
    Sidious being everywhere is part of why I can't let Dooku go. Because I usually start by hitting their Sidious with my Dooku special, then hit with my Sidious, then their Sidious does an AoE which gives Dooku one or two more attacks. At that point, he's either dead or close to it. The AI is too stupid not to AoE with a full-health Dooku on the other side. If I had Fives in there also it would be even easier. Man that reminds me that I wanted to get Fives.. argh, so many choices. :)
    Of course I will feel like an **** if I don't use Sidious after getting him to 7*.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    1. Unclear. I only try to use it on taunts now, and it's often resisted. But not always. I think I tried it on advantage once and it worked, and that was a nice bonus heal. I think it is still bugged on defense buffs.
    2. Pretty good, given that it's a primary attack.
    3. She's slow.
    I have Ahsoka too from the same package and I think Asajj is flatly better, especially now that everyone is running 6* and 7* Darth "Whoops, You Missed, Jedi!" Sidious.
    One key to her is learning how to use her AoE. You want to try to time guys who are almost dead, whenever possible, so she can AoE them to get her reset, while avoiding giving nearly-dead guys a chance for bonus attacks or to be healed.
    Sadly I may have to take her out of my PvP squad. I've just been training up Phasma and Kylo, Lumi is a given, and I have Sid and Dooku. One of her, Sid or Dooku will have to go if I'm using Phasma as leader. It's a tough call, unless I decide I don't like Kylo (but so far, I do).

Ventress over Ashoka because Jedi can't hit Sid.
  • Options
    ventress is pretty powerful but slow. the key to using her is getting Rampage buffed and giving her an offense boost with advantage then busting out an aoe where one enemy is nearly red, then busting out another aoe on her next turn.
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    ventress is pretty powerful but slow. the key to using her is getting Rampage buffed and giving her an offense boost with advantage then busting out an aoe where one enemy is nearly red, then busting out another aoe on her next turn.

+1
    Fun and powerful toon, but you have to know how to use her.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. My best is 4 AoEs from her in one fight in a PvE. Having her AoE buffed helped because it expands the range of "nearly dead" that she can use to reset it.
  • Options
    Tough decision, she feels like a borderline character. Very situational, and she's usually the first character on my team to be killed off. For some reason the AI likes to target her.
  • Options
    Unfortunately her debuff is still bugged and her ai is terrible. She might be the slowest hero in the game. That being said, her basic attack is one of the best in the game, her aoe is one of the strongest and her rampage adds damage on kill and chance for turn meter.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Rampage is a flat out great skill. I have my Ventress maxed out in stars, gear and level and she consistently does 2,500-3,000 damage on the whole team when she attacks. Chaining these attacks together makes her a big threat.

I only have one big issue with Ventress. Her Rampage ability doesn't activate when it's she herself who does the kill. That's strange and kind of counter intuitive...
  • JoJoMo_007
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What's the cool down on her dispel/group heal special? She sounds interesting. I may have to unlock her since I'm already at 24/50 shards. Could she be a viable darkside healer instead of daka?
  • Options
    Ventrus is the slowest character in the game. Against an equally geared team, she will always go last.

She doesn't seem to stun very often and most teams outside of GW don't seem to use Chewy anymore.

On the plus side, she is pretty strong and going last seems to guarantee her offense buff unless she is focused first.