Future Nerfs

Prev13
AbysmalDarkside
316 posts Member
edited December 2015
Are there plans to Nerf Luminara ? It seems like the Devs keep making some pretty terrible decisions yea she hits hard & heals great but her health is low to make up for it & I personally dont think she needs a nerf.
Post edited by Hillsop on

Replies

• She's not that OP, she's available to everyone, so not as much of a f2p gap; she doesn't have a ton of hp or defense and is very focusable so her heals and special do come at a trade off so I doubt many will complain too badly.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    She's not that OP, she's available to everyone, so not as much of a f2p gap; she doesn't have a ton of hp or defense and is very focusable so her heals and special do come at a trade off so I doubt many will complain too badly.

Im hearing some nerf talks & I hope they arent true for us to invest in shard collecting & leveling certain characters & for the devs to go back & nerf them It then becomes a waste of time
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    In general, characters that everyone decides belong on their team regardless of build are probably overpowered. Luminara and Sidious are the obvious candidates here. Not saying they should necessarily be nerfed, but the only teams I find that do not have both of them are those filled with chromium-pack specialty characters.
    The (massive!) buffing of Sidious in the last update is one of the most baffling things I've ever seen in 10+ years of online gaming. You don't buff a character everyone already considers near-mandatory for PvP.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Well I just hope they make very small changes over time or give a lot of advanced notice, but I don't see the issue with a hero like Lumi who is farmable even as f2p. It's more of an issue for data card only heroes.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    In general, characters that everyone decides belong on their team regardless of build are probably overpowered. Luminara and Sidious are the obvious candidates here. Not saying they should necessarily be nerfed, but the only teams I find that do not have both of them are those filled with chromium-pack specialty characters.
    The (massive!) buffing of Sidious in the last update is one of the most baffling things I've ever seen in 10+ years of online gaming. You don't buff a character everyone already considers near-mandatory for PvP.

I would agree if both those characters weren't so available to EVERYONE. Sid & Lumin like the man said above are EASY farms. The only people who dont have Sid & probably complain are ones who didnt go for him first when the game came out (I know a few who went with opress first
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Are there plans to Nerf Luminara ? It seems like the Devs keep making some pretty terrible decisions yea she hits hard & heals great but her health is low to make up for it & I personally dont think she needs a nerf. But I feel like every noob is a cry baby & scream nerfs for characters who dont need one. If they keep listening to these crybabies who have no strategy its gonna drive the players who played from day one away. Not that they care

Seems you made this thread more for yourself to pre-whine and insult nameless players, than to actually ask a question.

I haven't read about nerfs regarding Lumin, but as Qeltar illustrated, there will ALWAYS be a "best" character. When one is nerfed, another fills its place and becomes the new OP thing. It's like a freakin' Hydra! This is why games go through constant balancing.

At some point in the future, I'd bet that one or more of the starter characters will be called OP.
  • Lumi is not even close to OP, every player has a strong lumi because she is easy to get to 7* while every other hero you fight is 3-4* making her look OP. If she ever gets a nerf because one kid can't understand the game then there is no hope for us really.
  • Are there plans to Nerf Luminara ? It seems like the Devs keep making some pretty terrible decisions yea she hits hard & heals great but her health is low to make up for it & I personally dont think she needs a nerf. But I feel like every noob is a cry baby & scream nerfs for characters who dont need one. If they keep listening to these crybabies who have no strategy its gonna drive the players who played from day one away. Not that they care

Seems you made this thread more for yourself to pre-whine and insult nameless players, than to actually ask a question.

Are there plans to nerf Luminara ? It was a yes or no question & you could add why you think or dont think she should be nerfed, dont really care for anything you got to say involving anything else.
  • FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Lumi is not even close to OP, every player has a strong lumi because she is easy to get to 7* while every other hero you fight is 3-4* making her look OP. If she ever gets a nerf because one kid can't understand the game then there is no hope for us really.

Agreed but thats the way it seems to be headed, they're screaming nerf for Sid & Lumin imo I Sid is the easiest to farm as I stay in the top 200 at the least, so I always have arena shipment points to buy sid shards, & everyone that has sid has him 5* or higher same goes for Lumin dont understand why people complain and just dont farm for then instead

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The ideal would be for people to be using a wide variety of chars and builds. That will take time to happen because the game is new and because of the major imbalance in how easy it is to farm some chars over others (a point I've been making since day one). Putting some characters only in overpriced lottery packs and others in a game mode where you can unlock them in 3 days will obviously lead to imbalances. And of course, every time new chars are introduced, this will cause changes in the meta.
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful. And also that some large percentage of characters are simply not available to the majority of players.
  • Nerf Graf Dooku. At 6* he more danger then Lumi and Sid
    The ideal would be for people to be using a wide variety of chars and builds. That will take time to happen because the game is new and because of the major imbalance in how easy it is to farm some chars over others (a point I've been making since day one). Putting some characters only in overpriced lottery packs and others in a game mode where you can unlock them in 3 days will obviously lead to imbalances. And of course, every time new chars are introduced, this will cause changes in the meta.
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful.

I can agree with that i should literally have sid 7* in about a week & a half - 2 weeks & I dont know who to go for because everyone else in the arena shipments are terrible, & for galactic war its luman or nothing currently, If they took the stronger characters & split them amongst Cantina, Arena, & Galactic shipments it would make it a tough choice for me its sid & luman & The cantina shipments have decent characters but no staples in my opinion atleast

• Are there plans to Nerf Luminara ? It seems like the Devs keep making some pretty terrible decisions yea she hits hard & heals great but her health is low to make up for it & I personally dont think she needs a nerf. But I feel like every noob is a cry baby & scream nerfs for characters who dont need one. If they keep listening to these crybabies who have no strategy its gonna drive the players who played from day one away. Not that they care

Are there plans to nerf Luminara ? It was a yes or no question & you could add why you think or dont think she should be nerfed, dont really care for anything you got to say involving anything else.

You seem to be quite the salty fellow. It's funny you ask for constructive feedback, seeing how your initial post is full of childish rambling.

You seem to be quite the salty fellow. It's funny you ask for constructive feedback, seeing how your initial post is full of childish rambling.

Not really I could careless im having quite the discussion with acouple guys on here & they've make some good points, you just don't make any points at all, so why are you talking again ?

• Agreed but thats the way it seems to be headed, they're screaming nerf for Sid & Lumin imo I Sid is the easiest to farm as I stay in the top 200 at the least, so I always have arena shipment points to buy sid shards, & everyone that has sid has him 5* or higher same goes for Lumin dont understand why people complain and just dont farm for then instead

Please provide these Lumin nerf threads you are referring to. You are making it sound like there is a current following behind it, but I'm just not seeing it, yet. Of course there will be more nerfs to come throughout the life of the game, but it seems you are trying to stir the pot early.

• Agreed but thats the way it seems to be headed, they're screaming nerf for Sid & Lumin imo I Sid is the easiest to farm as I stay in the top 200 at the least, so I always have arena shipment points to buy sid shards, & everyone that has sid has him 5* or higher same goes for Lumin dont understand why people complain and just dont farm for then instead

Who is this "they?"

No one is calling for the nerfs that you propose.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct

Not really I could careless im having quite the discussion with acouple guys on here & they've make some good points, you just don't make any points at all, so why are you talking again ?

My point is, you started off your post pre-insulting anyone that may not agree with you. So I think you care less about whether she gets nerfed or not, and are just trying to make yourself feel better by lashing out at the public.
  • I honestly think she needs adjustment. Its not so much evident with the cookie cutter builds most all use. But its very obvious when Luminara is in a synergized team that her special needs toned down. With offensive up her special can hit 4k normal over 8k on a crit. Thats on par with pure single target DPS such as Luke or Tie Pilot. Plus she has a potent group heal and an ability block.

Is it game breaking and needs ro be adjusted immediately? Not at all. But expect her to be adjusted in the future and rightfully so.
    Rheen wrote: »

Agreed but thats the way it seems to be headed, they're screaming nerf for Sid & Lumin imo I Sid is the easiest to farm as I stay in the top 200 at the least, so I always have arena shipment points to buy sid shards, & everyone that has sid has him 5* or higher same goes for Lumin dont understand why people complain and just dont farm for then instead

Who is this "they?"

Please provide these Lumin nerf threads you are referring to. You are making it sound like there is a current following behind it, but I'm just not seeing it, yet. Of course there will be more nerfs to come throughout the life of the game, but it seems you are trying to stir the pot early.

There are actually quite a few comments on various posts speaking about a possible lumin nerf on the horizon, same goes for Sid, acouple players are scared of this I asked if there were plans to nerf lumin it was the first thing I asked up top, & Yes I complained about the noob crybabies who also complained about dooku (not OP) Bariss (Not OP) & they got nerfs that weren't necessary Pokebreaker you're probably one of those crybabies seeing as you have a problem with it. So you dont think Lumin is getting a nerf thats fine, that was the question "Are there plans to Nerf Lumin ?" Because im seeing quite the few comments (not threads) either complaining of lumin, or talking about a possible lumin nerf. But thanks for atleast trying to get on topic pokebreaker.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly think she needs adjustment. Its not so much evident with the cookie cutter builds most all use. But its very obvious when Luminara is in a synergized team that her special needs toned down. With offensive up her special can hit 4k normal over 8k on a crit. Thats on par with pure single target DPS such as Luke or Tie Pilot. Plus she has a potent group heal and an ability block.

Is it game breaking and needs ro be adjusted immediately? Not at all. But expect her to be adjusted in the future and rightfully so.

I dont agree but respect your opinion, I kill her before she even has a chance to do any real damage. Her health is low 3-5 hits max depending on if I critical & shes erased. Almost everyone that is powerful has one flaw with the exception of maybe old ben, Her health is low, Sids health is low, tie fighter does have damage but cant take a single hit, same goes for luke, Bariss heals amazingly but deals no damage so really isnt a factor (I usually save her for last & either stun or ability block her) dooku has great counterattacking but has no health, Save him for last and he gets destroyed or utilize stun early & he cant take more then 4 hits 3 if you land a critical. Everyone has a weakness people scream OP instead of using a strategy & exploiting that weakness. Thats my problem right now with the nerfs I haven't faced anyone in the game I personally couldnt handle despite me seeing OP slapped across these forums. But I do respect your opinion.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Who is this "they?"

There are actually quite a few comments on various posts speaking about a possible lumin nerf on the horizon, same goes for Sid, acouple players are scared of this I asked if there were plans to nerf lumin it was the first thing I asked up top, & Yes I complained about the noob crybabies who also complained about dooku (not OP) Bariss (Not OP) & they got nerfs that weren't necessary Pokebreaker you're probably one of those crybabies seeing as you have a problem with it. So you dont think Lumin is getting a nerf thats fine, that was the question "Are there plans to Nerf Lumin ?" Because im seeing quite the few comments (not threads) either complaining of lumin, or talking about a possible lumin nerf. But thanks for atleast trying to get on topic pokebreaker.

Sigh, Ad Hominem is clearly your only defense when you feel cornered. I feel bad for engaging you now. I'd hate to make myself look foolish like that. I can also tell your assumption skills are pretty bad as well.

Please provide the evidence of a Lumin nerf conspiracy. A few posts that most haven't seen don't justify anything. That is you getting worked up for nothing.

Most gamers can tell what items in a game are going to be nerfed, well before they happen. It's really not rocket science. They will all come in time, as they always do in every other game.

While I actually agree with your statements of strategy and tactic, your delivery was simply childish.

Who is this "they?"

Sigh, Ad Hominem is clearly your only defense when you feel cornered. I feel bad for engaging you now. I'd hate to make myself look foolish like that. I can also tell your assumption skills are pretty bad as well.

Please provide the evidence of a Lumin nerf conspiracy. A few posts that most haven't seen don't justify anything. That is you getting worked up for nothing.

Most gamers can tell what items in a game are going to be nerfed, well before they happen. It's really not rocket science. They will all come in time, add they always do in every other game.

There is no immediate post, I imagine there will be, if you go to a few posts & scroll through the comments you'll see quite a few people either crying for a nerf, OR implying she will get nerfed. Its not an assumption when you see it with your own eyes. & more then a few on this post even think she will get nerfed. So because you dont think so (Thank the lord you finally got on topic) nobody does ? Does that make sense ? I hope you're right that she wont get nerfed, but stemming from different comments on different posts a nerf is on the horizon they either complain her healing is too strong, OR she does too much damage & never bring up her lack of health.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I dont agree but respect your opinion, I kill her before she even has a chance to do any real damage. Her health is low 3-5 hits max depending on if I critical & shes erased.

Sounds good on paper, but she's usually on a team with other even more dangerous enemies, and is rarely the best first target.
    They nerfed Barriss to death because she was "better than all the other healers", a debatable point at best. Lumi is now the best healer AND easy to level AND very potent offensively. I will be surprised if she is not nerfed at least a bit.
    But Sidious needs nerfing far more.
  • I'm guessing phasma gets nerfed before luminara.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • My suggestion to EA would be that instead of making noticeable(eg frustrating) changes to a problem character, to instead bump up all other characters who are lagging behind a little bit. That will have the same effect as a nerf just won't be quite as annoying. Personally, I think they shouldn't make any game balance changes at all. They should just try their best to get things right the first time and live with what they've sown for good or for ill. Nerfs are extremely annoying, constantly shifting the meta and quite frankly I'm sick of the tug of war from playing wow for a decade. It's just not fun having so many drastic changes made to games. Just leave it. Add new characters and content and leave them be no matter how overpowered they are. I also agree with the earlier sentiment that certain characters are more prominent not because of their strength, but because of their accessibility. Further, I could make many arguments about CT-5555, Daka or Boba being as good as any their easily available characters. The reason we don't see them as much are simply because of trends and people are afraid to make a wrong decision (rightly so), so they stick with what's tried and true. And that's OK. There is enough variance and strategy involved that even if people have the same characters, there is still enough fun and skill involved to keep people playing.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly think she needs adjustment. Its not so much evident with the cookie cutter builds most all use. But its very obvious when Luminara is in a synergized team that her special needs toned down. With offensive up her special can hit 4k normal over 8k on a crit. Thats on par with pure single target DPS such as Luke or Tie Pilot. Plus she has a potent group heal and an ability block.

I dont agree but respect your opinion, I kill her before she even has a chance to do any real damage. Her health is low 3-5 hits max depending on if I critical & shes erased. Almost everyone that is powerful has one flaw with the exception of maybe old ben, Her health is low, Sids health is low, tie fighter does have damage but cant take a single hit, same goes for luke, Bariss heals amazingly but deals no damage so really isnt a factor (I usually save her for last & either stun or ability block her) dooku has great counterattacking but has no health, Save him for last and he gets destroyed or utilize stun early & he cant take more then 4 hits 3 if you land a critical. Everyone has a weakness people scream OP instead of using a strategy & exploiting that weakness. Thats my problem right now with the nerfs I haven't faced anyone in the game I personally couldnt handle despite me seeing OP slapped across these forums. But I do respect your opinion.

I see your point. I don't scream OP because until the cap is released and we can level beyond 60 in my opinion it's impossible to balance anything. What may be effective at 60 may not be at 70. I was really surprised the devs did any balancing this early in the game. But all we can do is take the hits and do our best to build teams around the constant changes.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »

I see your point. I don't scream OP because until the cap is released and we can level beyond 60 in my opinion it's impossible to balance anything. What may be effective at 60 may not be at 70. I was really surprised the devs did any balancing this early in the game. But all we can do is take the hits and do our best to vuild teams around the constant changes.

exactly dooku isnt effective at my level (51) Not only because of his health but also his shards are difficult to farm, but lets hope they dont nerf em' all (pokemon reference) lmao

• Cleaner wrote: »
    My suggestion to EA would be that instead of making noticeable(eg frustrating) changes to a problem character, to instead bump up all other characters who are lagging behind a little bit. That will have the same effect as a nerf just won't be quite as annoying. Personally, I think they shouldn't make any game balance changes at all. They should just try their best to get things right the first time and live with what they've sown for good or for ill. Nerfs are extremely annoying, constantly shifting the meta and quite frankly I'm sick of the tug of war from playing wow for a decade. It's just not fun having so many drastic changes made to games. Just leave it. Add new characters and content and leave them be no matter how overpowered they are. I also agree with the earlier sentiment that certain characters are more prominent not because of their strength, but because of their accessibility. Further, I could make many arguments about CT-5555, Daka or Boba being as good as any their easily available characters. The reason we don't see them as much are simply because of trends and people are afraid to make a wrong decision (rightly so), so they stick with what's tried and true. And that's OK. There is enough variance and strategy involved that even if people have the same characters, there is still enough fun and skill involved to keep people playing.

My thing is it messes over people who took the time to build those characters, shard farming isnt easy in any way in this game its ofcourse easier in arena & galactic but it still takes 2 weeks to star characters nerfing them is terrible
  • It is a rare occurance to see a team without lumin or sid if not both. I think that at least speaks to the fact that there is balance needed. Either these two need to be reduced in power or characters you can collect by the same means need to be increased.

Work on the Cookie cutter.
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful. And also that some large percentage of characters are simply not available to the majority of players.

^^THIS^^

what seems like imbalance is just the CURRENT result of different farmability, which is going to even out very soon.

Personally I find e.g. a 7*Lea to be far more disturbing, as it takes a lot of $ to actually get one and she is not available to everybody...