Future Nerfs

Replies

• Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Rheen wrote: »

Agreed but thats the way it seems to be headed, they're screaming nerf for Sid & Lumin imo I Sid is the easiest to farm as I stay in the top 200 at the least, so I always have arena shipment points to buy sid shards, & everyone that has sid has him 5* or higher same goes for Lumin dont understand why people complain and just dont farm for then instead

Who is this "they?"

No one is calling for the nerfs that you propose.
    Agreed but thats the way it seems to be headed, they're screaming nerf for Sid & Lumin imo I Sid is the easiest to farm as I stay in the top 200 at the least, so I always have arena shipment points to buy sid shards, & everyone that has sid has him 5* or higher same goes for Lumin dont understand why people complain and just dont farm for then instead

Please provide these Lumin nerf threads you are referring to. You are making it sound like there is a current following behind it, but I'm just not seeing it, yet. Of course there will be more nerfs to come throughout the life of the game, but it seems you are trying to stir the pot early.

There are actually quite a few comments on various posts speaking about a possible lumin nerf on the horizon, same goes for Sid, acouple players are scared of this I asked if there were plans to nerf lumin it was the first thing I asked up top, & Yes I complained about the noob crybabies who also complained about dooku (not OP) Bariss (Not OP) & they got nerfs that weren't necessary Pokebreaker you're probably one of those crybabies seeing as you have a problem with it. So you dont think Lumin is getting a nerf thats fine, that was the question "Are there plans to Nerf Lumin ?" Because im seeing quite the few comments (not threads) either complaining of lumin, or talking about a possible lumin nerf. But thanks for atleast trying to get on topic pokebreaker.

Sigh, Ad Hominem is clearly your only defense when you feel cornered. I feel bad for engaging you now. I'd hate to make myself look foolish like that. I can also tell your assumption skills are pretty bad as well.

Please provide the evidence of a Lumin nerf conspiracy. A few posts that most haven't seen don't justify anything. That is you getting worked up for nothing.

Most gamers can tell what items in a game are going to be nerfed, well before they happen. It's really not rocket science. They will all come in time, add they always do in every other game.

There is no immediate post, I imagine there will be, if you go to a few posts & scroll through the comments you'll see quite a few people either crying for a nerf, OR implying she will get nerfed. Its not an assumption when you see it with your own eyes. & more then a few on this post even think she will get nerfed. So because you dont think so (Thank the lord you finally got on topic) nobody does ? Does that make sense ? I hope you're right that she wont get nerfed, but stemming from different comments on different posts a nerf is on the horizon they either complain her healing is too strong, OR she does too much damage & never bring up her lack of health.

I didn't say she wouldn't eventually get nerfed. I was trying to determine if there was justification for the aggressive tone of the initial post. There clearly wasn't. It seemed like your were post baiting rather than trying to have a constructive discussion.

As Qeltar stated earlier, based on rate of adoption, it becomes clear who the next targets will be. If the best players in the game recommend a character, there is clearly something about it that makes it better than the rest. So naturally, average players will start using it, and bring it to the spotlight. Thus making it a target for nerfing. Based on that concept, we could already start projecting nerfs that would follow down the road. Something will always be statistically superior.

• Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    It is a rare occurance to see a team without lumin or sid if not both. I think that at least speaks to the fact that there is balance needed. Either these two need to be reduced in power or characters you can collect by the same means need to be increased.

Work on the Cookie cutter.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Those are two top chars that are easily obtainable.

As the pools expand and people get more options, we will see more diversity. Keep in mind the game is still so young.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The ideal would be for people to be using a wide variety of chars and builds. That will take time to happen because the game is new and because of the major imbalance in how easy it is to farm some chars over others (a point I've been making since day one). Putting some characters only in overpriced lottery packs and others in a game mode where you can unlock them in 3 days will obviously lead to imbalances. And of course, every time new chars are introduced, this will cause changes in the meta.
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful. And also that some large percentage of characters are simply not available to the majority of players.

^^THIS^^

what seems like imbalance is just the CURRENT result of different farmability, which is going to even out very soon.

Personally I find e.g. a 7*Lea to be far more disturbing, as it takes a lot of $ to actually get one and she is not available to everybody...

I have a princess 7*. She isn't that great. 8k HP. Have to lose a turn on defense for her silly stealthing ability..which should be entwined with her basic attack like Nates. But meh, it's not. She is great on offense tho lol!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    It will never even out if they keep certain very strong characters only available to people willing to spend $1000 on lottery tickets.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    It is a rare occurance to see a team without lumin or sid if not both. I think that at least speaks to the fact that there is balance needed. Either these two need to be reduced in power or characters you can collect by the same means need to be increased.

thats only because there the best in there respective shipments if they added stronger characters itd be okay

• Options
    It will never even out if they keep certain very strong characters only available to people willing to spend $1000 on lottery tickets.

Unfortunatley a grand won't even get you 1 or 2 7* chrono only characters. Old ben went from 5* in the first few hundred to 6 star with a few hundred more. These people who have the rediculous 7 * chrono only teams spent several thousand. And they are so rare you only run into them in GW and not so much in Global Launch arena. So it balances out.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I fought the #1 guy on my server for grins last night. He has several chromium-only chars at a very high level and wiped the floor with me. Fortunately PvP is not really very important in this game except for the people who need the ego boost. I was able to get #3 yesterday, which was surprising given my team is currently in transition.
    BTW, of the top 50 in my server right now, 34 are using either Sidious or Luminara as leaders. One or both are probably also present on the other 16 teams, just not as leader.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In general, characters that everyone decides belong on their team regardless of build are probably overpowered. Luminara and Sidious are the obvious candidates here. Not saying they should necessarily be nerfed, but the only teams I find that do not have both of them are those filled with chromium-pack specialty characters.
    The (massive!) buffing of Sidious in the last update is one of the most baffling things I've ever seen in 10+ years of online gaming. You don't buff a character everyone already considers near-mandatory for PvP.

Can't make these absolute statements. I didn't think he was mandatory for PVP. He was just a toon with heal block at a time when heal in people's team builds was key. I thought he was pretty underwhelming overall except for that skill prior to the buff. His damage was weak and he was squishy. Now he's still squishy, but just not vs. Jedi. He has a legit place other than being heal block guy.
  • Options

Come on guys...stop with this. Many teams don't have sid or Lumi as the game progresses and people get more characters. They were just people's first targets to build generally, so of course they will be in people's lineups. Heal is strong to have just to get through PVE maps and GW...so everyone needs healers. So everyone early will have healers. Well...if many have healers...what becomes an important skill to have in PVP? Heal block...Sid. Lumi is far from being OP as is Sid. Just let the game breathe guys. If this game were 12 months old and everyone ran same stuff that'd be an indicator, but usage just isn't relevant right now. People are using their best / built, not what's best / built in the entire game.
  • Options
    The ideal would be for people to be using a wide variety of chars and builds. That will take time to happen because the game is new and because of the major imbalance in how easy it is to farm some chars over others (a point I've been making since day one). Putting some characters only in overpriced lottery packs and others in a game mode where you can unlock them in 3 days will obviously lead to imbalances. And of course, every time new chars are introduced, this will cause changes in the meta.
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful. And also that some large percentage of characters are simply not available to the majority of players.

^^THIS^^

what seems like imbalance is just the CURRENT result of different farmability, which is going to even out very soon.

Personally I find e.g. a 7*Lea to be far more disturbing, as it takes a lot of $ to actually get one and she is not available to everybody...

Not only that, 7* Leia is by far the most OP char in the game due to her bugs
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly think she needs adjustment. Its not so much evident with the cookie cutter builds most all use. But its very obvious when Luminara is in a synergized team that her special needs toned down. With offensive up her special can hit 4k normal over 8k on a crit. Thats on par with pure single target DPS such as Luke or Tie Pilot. Plus she has a potent group heal and an ability block.

Is it game breaking and needs ro be adjusted immediately? Not at all. But expect her to be adjusted in the future and rightfully so.
    How would you say she is best utilised? Jedi counter team?
  • Options
    I honestly think she needs adjustment. Its not so much evident with the cookie cutter builds most all use. But its very obvious when Luminara is in a synergized team that her special needs toned down. With offensive up her special can hit 4k normal over 8k on a crit. Thats on par with pure single target DPS such as Luke or Tie Pilot. Plus she has a potent group heal and an ability block.

Is it game breaking and needs ro be adjusted immediately? Not at all. But expect her to be adjusted in the future and rightfully so.

I dont agree but respect your opinion, I kill her before she even has a chance to do any real damage. Her health is low 3-5 hits max depending on if I critical & shes erased. Almost everyone that is powerful has one flaw with the exception of maybe old ben, Her health is low, Sids health is low, tie fighter does have damage but cant take a single hit, same goes for luke, Bariss heals amazingly but deals no damage so really isnt a factor (I usually save her for last & either stun or ability block her) dooku has great counterattacking but has no health, Save him for last and he gets destroyed or utilize stun early & he cant take more then 4 hits 3 if you land a critical. Everyone has a weakness people scream OP instead of using a strategy & exploiting that weakness. Thats my problem right now with the nerfs I haven't faced anyone in the game I personally couldnt handle despite me seeing OP slapped across these forums. But I do respect your opinion.

I see your point. I don't scream OP because until the cap is released and we can level beyond 60 in my opinion it's impossible to balance anything. What may be effective at 60 may not be at 70. I was really surprised the devs did any balancing this early in the game. But all we can do is take the hits and do our best to build teams around the constant changes.

I think this information/reminder is what seriously needs to be brought before everyone before they even consider nerfs or buffs, EA included.
    The developers have spend so much time and effort building the abilities and stats of characters beyond 60 so why are we not waiting until we reach the real max level to judge the true power of each character? I mean who is to say barriss's gear between 60-70 actually upgrades not much and the recent nerfs has actually made her worse than unusable, meaning beforehand she was actually only OP at the time instead of at her full potential.
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Come on guys...stop with this. Many teams don't have sid or Lumi as the game progresses and people get more characters. They were just people's first targets to build generally, so of course they will be in people's lineups. Heal is strong to have just to get through PVE maps and GW...so everyone needs healers. So everyone early will have healers. Well...if many have healers...what becomes an important skill to have in PVP? Heal block...Sid. Lumi is far from being OP as is Sid. Just let the game breathe guys. If this game were 12 months old and everyone ran same stuff that'd be an indicator, but usage just isn't relevant right now. People are using their best / built, not what's best / built in the entire game.

Are those characters more powerful than the other characters of the same value? Then they are by definition over powered. The game is not fun if you play against the same teams over and over. I rarely see something new.

Lumi was always easily better than barris, nobody complained because it was so easy to get her and everyone uses her. But that in itself is a problem, you can always find what is unbalanced by looking at what is most likely to be used.

I am not saying nerf either of them, I am saying look at what no one uses and figure out how to make that not suck.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Pvp is about damage in any game anywhere in the universe.
  • Options
    Leia is the one that needs nerfing, either that or she is bugged so that she always shoots 3-4 times and gives everyone else a double crit rate.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful.

I can agree with that i should literally have sid 7* in about a week & a half - 2 weeks & I dont know who to go for because everyone else in the arena shipments are terrible, & for galactic war its luman or nothing currently, If they took the stronger characters & split them amongst Cantina, Arena, & Galactic shipments it would make it a tough choice for me its sid & luman & The cantina shipments have decent characters but no staples in my opinion atleast

I am just curious what you think of Captain phase since you can farm her in GW now.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

While they are powerful, both characters are pretty easy to knock out. I usually knock Sid out first, then the other power hitter and then Lumi is the first healer that I knock out.

If they nerf Sid, then people will just complain about Obi-Wan or Darth Vader. Some people will never be happy. To me, the most challenging combination to eliminate is the one who has Obi-Wan, Aayla, and/ Kit Fisco. Their health meters are extremely high and I keep running out of time before everyone is able to be eliminated.
  • Options
    Barriss is still a beast, when comes down to it she still heals great and is tanky heals on contact aswell.lumi is all most f2p have if not JC or Talia and her sacrifice heal or daka. And as stated lumi gets worked always tough tryna keep her alive.
  • Options
    Nerf all the characters to make them hit max 1k damage but buff all mine to 16.5k so i can 1 hit anyone thats a good nerf
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    The problem isn't that Lumi and Sid are overpowered. The problem is that most of the other options for shipment rewards in their areas are awful.

I can agree with that i should literally have sid 7* in about a week & a half - 2 weeks & I dont know who to go for because everyone else in the arena shipments are terrible, & for galactic war its luman or nothing currently, If they took the stronger characters & split them amongst Cantina, Arena, & Galactic shipments it would make it a tough choice for me its sid & luman & The cantina shipments have decent characters but no staples in my opinion atleast

I am just curious what you think of Captain phase since you can farm her in GW now.

I think shes pretty good, though not good enough to stop focusing starring up luminara shes the next galactic war character i go for for sure.

Thank you guys for discussing the topic hopefully the devs see I can see why some say she should be nerfed & respect it more now, but I still think she shouldnt her health is low enough that she isnt a factor when I face her atleast but she does hit hard & fast
  • Options
    I play swfc, have for too long now. I remember when a row of old Vaders was king of the dark side. It was near the beginning of the games life. The cards stats were just flat out better. Then they released a new Vader with just a bit better stats and a skill. It then became op. now I'm fine with cards toons or whatever creeping up in power. I'm fine with them nerfing them also. I just hope we don't get to a point where a toon is released that breaks the game and have no way for the devs to help bring balance back. In swfc there have been times things were nerfed and there was too much backlash. Now though cards have been released that broke it altogether and they won't fix them cause of too much worry over players quitting.
    In conclusion I hope devs can hold firm make the changes needed and continue too. If you the player feels some mechanic is op maybe look for another mechanic that beats it instead of ****. otherwise we may be going down a path we can not turn back from and I'd sure like to see this game though the next few movies.
  • Options
    Out of all the GW shipments Lumi and Poggle stand out for me. Lumi first ofcourse, but that's the thing. Who was Poggle? A random guy from a prequel vs a bad a** jedi from the clone wars series. Everyone will pick the jedi. 95% of people would pick luminara out. Easy obtainable and it's a healer. With all respect but Poggle just buffs tho I rather have him than my Talia i.e. In time we will see different setups and we will see a lot of old setups. We aren't 70 yet so I'm curious what we end up using then. Im pretty sure with the limit of 5 toons we won't keep seeing Dooku, Sid, Luminara, Bariss, Phasma (already 5), Leia, obi wan, vader, darth maul, qui gon and Im sure people can add more characters to the (nerf)list. Though only Leia seems broken ^^
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    IMO, the extra-attack based team with Phasma as a leader (identified by some Whipit and others) will have to get dealt with.
    Either we come up with a good strategy to counter, or devs do or it gets nerfed.
    an easy fix is to Increase the discounts on the 'call-ally' attacks.
  • Options
    I want my money back now
  • Options
    Gattorax wrote: »
    I want my money back now

This thread, and furthermore this Forum, isn't where you make requests concerning refunds. There is customer support for that.
    "...Welcome the Dark Side..." lvl 57, Ally Code: 695-189-436
  • Options
    This post is the same as scream at the street that you are with your pockets full of money and wondering if someone wants to robber you...

People should complain / care less and play more
  • Options
    Hate it or love it, the nerf/buff cycle and the "Flavor of the Month" character phenomenon is a staple of online competitive games.

If everything was perfectly balanced you would get bored and quit after your first 5 7* toons. No, people need to have constant min/max carrots dangled in front of their face, that they can spend time and money on in a quest to get even the slightest edge over everybody else.

Sidious and Luminara will be superseded at some point. If they aren't then the game will die. Take the game and the genre for what it is and roll with the punches.
  • Options
    Lumi has already fallen off pretty hard on my server at the higher levels of meta and has been for a week or more. She's still used a bit, but she's kind of an afterthought. Sid is used a lot less than he was a bit ago when most started unlocking and 6/7 starring him. I still use him as leader, but many don't like him. I still think he's good if you're able to make a fast crit based attacking team that has initiative. More speed has moved in with Jinn leader .. Phasma as well. Game has shifted pretty quick for being so young. We're probably on the 5th or 6th iteration of meta team construction. More builds keep coming too. Just takes time for people to transition squads. I hardly see Vader, Dooku, or Barriss at all anymore. The power in the game has taken such hold that Barriss even is killed pretty quickly and easily. Lumi is there a bit but she's a non-factor toon. TIE pilot is big, Leia. More diversity is coming and always will. Depends too on what bracket of the ladder you're fighting in. Less spending brackets will have much slower moving meta so you'll see the same earlier built toons much more - essentially whatever most people have built up by now, so I'm sure that's very heavy in Sid / Lumi / Dooku and probably even Barriss still.

This is another flaw in the "Usage" argument for identifying OP as some suggest. I'm sure those 4 (Lumi/Sid/Dooku/Barriss) are still heavily used in most sections of PVP, but that has much more to do with where people are in their rosters and maturity when you look at most players. When you start tapping in to the broader overall game roster though those 4 are far from needing any kind of nerf at all. They are just solid pieces or niche at best.
  • Options
    Im Using Lumi and Sid and IF those Smart Devs Nerf those two, THANK YOU. my Weak competitors will become weakers hahaha.....
  • Options
    Im Using Lumi and Sid and IF those Smart Devs Nerf those two, THANK YOU. my Weak competitors will become weakers hahaha.....

I don't think there are nerfs needed to any toon albeit I have only gone up against a grand total of 40(?) toons overall as the game seems quite well balanced for the time being.

Only complaints are regarding Leia which is not acting the way she is supposed rendering her quite powerful, if anything I'd expect the devs to focus on the under-used toons (i.e. Windu, Han, Cad Bane, Teebo and whatnot) and buff them slightly to see if they tip the scales.