To my fellow ocean dwellers

Prev13
Enough is enough. We are the game. Without us it simply disappears. We, the whales, the dolphins, the kraken, the guppies. If we stop spending en masse, positive changes will be made, or the game will die and we save our money for better things. Either way, we win. I see the majority of forum posters disliking the majority of updates especially this one, yet most of the spenders keep spending. We either have re tards or Peg Bundy developing the game. Lets be realistic, the devs are probably fresh out of high school. This update sure looks like a "common core" approach to balancing the game to me.

I notice that most of the minority of people that like this update are f2p. They like this update because now they feel this will even things out, or maybe even force whales and spenders to bail. Meanwhile the majority who hate this update are spenders, or people who have worked their rears off to make their teams, among others who see just how stupid or greedy this update and others have been. I say give the minority what they wish. Lets stop spending. Not a cent. It is the only way to retaliate against a company that repeatedly ignores what the majority of its players want, f2p and p2w alike. Start standing up to this cr appy company. Ive been doing it for over a month. If I can do it, so can you

Replies

• cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    We are a few thousand players out of a few million. Our voices are influential, but not that much.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Uh Oh. Even whales are mad. Go ahead mods. Damage control, sic em!
  • Jokes aside...I recommend patience. It's not even been 6 hours.
  • I was a guppie... then I got a refund
  • I'm hardly a whale, having only spend around 300 bucks on the game, over 6 months. But I'm done spending money. Not quitting (yet), but it's pointless to continue dumping cash on a game that's spiraling out of control. I even have a squad I built for this patch (Savage, Teebo (L), Fives, Kylo Ren, GS), and while my Arena matches are easier, the game itself is far less fun. The patch has killed my enjoyment, even though I can still complete everything. It just turned it all into work.
  • We are a few thousand players out of a few million. Our voices are influential, but not that much.
    That might be an underestimation considering this SWRV monetization report (EA uses their data BTW), which suggests that less than 1% of players are responsible for the overwhelming majority of purchases.

http://landingpage.swrve.com/the-swrve-monetization-report-2015.html

The key is getting enough of the big spending 1%.
  • I consider myself a lobster. Pay a little, play a lot, but so far under the whales radar that it's not even a major concern lol

But seriously, I don't think this update helped F2P more... Most that like the update either
    a. Haven't had to do a full GW with it yet
    b. Did all their challenges this morning and have NO idea what they will wake up to tomorrow
    c. Actually haven't done a thing outside of playing their 5 arena battles and maybe the Ewok and Omega challenge. (Btw SOOOO glad I decided to 6* ST Han).
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • AegisSaige wrote: »
    I'm hardly a whale, having only spend around 300 bucks on the game, over 6 months. But I'm done spending money. Not quitting (yet), but it's pointless to continue dumping cash on a game that's spiraling out of control. I even have a squad I built for this patch (Savage, Teebo (L), Fives, Kylo Ren, GS), and while my Arena matches are easier, the game itself is far less fun. The patch has killed my enjoyment, even though I can still complete everything. It just turned it all into work.
    Sorry man, Teebo got the mud end of the stick on this update.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    I'm a whale and I love this patch.

Give me a Commander Cody Aurodium and I'll slam $200 on that sucker in no time~
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »

Whales like you are why they can get away with anything. The COMMUNITY doesn't like this update. A few of you liking it is not good for the game
  • We are a few thousand players out of a few million. Our voices are influential, but not that much.

This game is not about making f2p's happy. It's not about warm fuzzy feelings. This game exists SOLELY to make money. So if you have 1 million players, and only 1k spend money on the game, if the 999,000 f2p leave, the company wont bat an eye. However, if the 1k spenders leave, the game closes down. Our voices are the majority of influence. The only test of character here is does your wallet speak solely for yourself or does it also speak for those with no monetary voice
  • AegisSaige wrote: »
    Arena matches are easier, the game itself is far less fun. The patch has killed my enjoyment, even though I can still complete everything. It just turned it all into work.

So you are basically mad because you can't log on and hit the "auto" button anymore
  • chainsaw wrote: »
    AegisSaige wrote: »
    Arena matches are easier, the game itself is far less fun. The patch has killed my enjoyment, even though I can still complete everything. It just turned it all into work.

So you are basically mad because you can't log on and hit the "auto" button anymore

Pretty much.
  • I'm not having a problem with the update. I enjoy testing new ideas and finding optimal solutions for an opposing team lol. I'm usually a top 5 on my server but tonight I couldn't get past 8th. No matter what I tried. It was refreshing not being able to coast to the top and have to worry about snipers. Nobody was sniping anybody from what I could tell :)
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    I made a picture for you all
    2mhskl2.jpg

• I'm not having a problem with the update. I enjoy testing new ideas and finding optimal solutions for an opposing team lol. I'm usually a top 5 on my server but tonight I couldn't get past 8th. No matter what I tried. It was refreshing not being able to coast to the top and have to worry about snipers. Nobody was sniping anybody from what I could tell :)

The issue is not with arena
  • Im not a whale but ive spent 200 on this game(none this month). The update seems ok up til now in the sence of squad arena and the protection thing.like the new look on the health bar. I cant say anything about gw or challenges yet cuz i knocked them out this morning before update. I still love this game. Great time killer. They need to add the sell ability back or increase the credit we earn, Cuz its terrible now. As for the damage balancing. Im 50/50 on that. But its way too early to tell yet. So im not jumping the gun just yet.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    chainsaw wrote: »

81% of people are mad and not because they cant log in and click auto, if you really believe that you are quite dense. @chainsaw

OP is right this update just doesnt sit well. This game is way more unbalanced then before. Whales will always have an advantage people need to realize this. They have every character whoever is meta they have them while you're just starting to farm. I myself have spent $1500 don't consider myself a whale by any means but I have enough variety to quickly adapt to the next waive of viable toons. My point is update=Awful...
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Whales like you are why they can get away with anything. The COMMUNITY doesn't like this update. A few of you liking it is not good for the game

The community of this forum is full of a bunch of whiney crybabies that don't use information and basic logic to determine the best course of action 98% of the time.

If anything, I'll take intelligent changes that actually improve the game over the whims of this forum "community" any day. If the community had their way we'd all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure with lightsabers.

Besides, it's been proven time and time again that people that are upset about something are far, far more likely to make posts about it to complain than just be content and stay quiet. You don't hear the CRIES of people happy with the changes for obvious reasons. It's not nearly as black and white as all these rabblerousers would lead you to believe.
  • Naecabon wrote: »

The community of this forum is full of a bunch of whiney crybabies that don't use information and basic logic to determine the best course of action 98% of the time.

If anything, I'll take intelligent changes that actually improve the game over the whims of the "community" any day. If the community had their way we'd all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure with lightsabers.

Enlighten us. How are these changes intelligent?

The issue is not with arena

The same applies to GW. Work the problem. I'm two fights from the completion of GW tonight. It is more labor intensive.

If you mean the obvious problem with Tarkin/Veers challenge...well, as quickly as they've been quashing those threads I'd assume they know and are working on that and possibly the other challenges as well. For if strength had an issue its not unreasonable to thinkthe others may too.

• Ouchie wrote: »
    2mhskl2.jpg

Awesome lmao
  • Baldo wrote: »

81% of people are mad and not because they cant log in and click auto, if you really believe that you are quite dense. @chainsaw

OP is right this update just doesnt sit well. This game is way more unbalanced then before. Whales will always have an advantage people need to realize this. They have every character whoever is meta they have them while you're just starting to farm. I myself have spent $1500 don't consider myself a whale by any means but I have enough variety to quickly adapt to the next waive of viable toons. My point is update=Awful...

Glad to see you can make this assumption after a couple of hours. So you think balance is...everyone having Dooku at leader and basically the same 4 other toons. Why not give it a couple of days and actually see this update in action and then judge it. I find it ridiculous that people are whinning and threatening to quit after a couple of hours.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member

If anything, I'll take intelligent changes that actually improve the game over the whims of the "community" any day. If the community had their way we'd all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure with lightsabers.

How are changes that slow the game down from being a one hit kill who attacks the fastest zergfest in to a game where characters actually get the chance to do some of their support skills and attack back not intelligent?

How are changes that make a game that could previously be completed more or less on auto attack now actually require thought and decision making not intelligent?

People that are crying aren't even putting much thought in to their complaints.
  • Naecabon wrote: »

Here's a tip...on the tarkin/veers challenge...instead of clicking the auto button like everyone did in the past....Take out one support droid to get armor penetration, then do a couple rounds on the generals, once armor penetration wears out, take out the other support droid. Use Lumi for ability block as needed. This was from a fellow player....see, it's not that hard...
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    2mhskl2.jpg

1+
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Here's a tip...on the tarkin/veers challenge...instead of clicking the auto button like everyone did in the past....Take out one support droid to get armor penetration, then do a couple rounds on the generals, once armor penetration wears out, take out the other support droid. Use Lumi for ability block as needed. This was from a fellow player....see, it's not that hard...

THIS is the problem. There is no armor penetration now. Advantage was changed. and I never autoed that one. I actually enjoyed it
  • I did notice in the strength challenge that the toon that got the kill on the droid wasn't getting the buff. Don't know if that was the same for others but it was like that for me every single time.
  • chainsaw wrote: »

Yeah did that nibblenuts, with a team of maxed toons, and got 1 shotted by veers, no where near beating him, and not even on the hardest challenge. But hey, since you seem to think all these seasoned players suddenly developed amnesia, why don't you tell us another strategy smh