Droid love

Anyone else share the droid love with me? All of these meta changes and they all have very little effect on the droid squad. I love em. The speed meta was rough... you had to more selectively pick your arena opponents. But I've been finishing between #50-15 for a couple of months now regardless of 'meta'. Sure, the droids won't get you to #1 but they also won't become useless when the game changes in a month. Love me some droids. This new update seems to be very droid friendly. Me likey.

So much drama out here.

Replies

• Yeah I'm just sitting here sipping my beer enjoying everyone freak out when my droids had no problem in arena after the update. Also they can get you number 1 in my opinion if you are willing to buy a refresh.
  • I think the update helped droid teams. Main reason they weren't #1 is because any max level team can take out IG88 before he gets a turn. Now he can at least help level the playing field by getting his AoE off and bonus damage if Poggle goes first.

I expect to see a return of the Droids in top 10. I think they are going to be a lot more stable on Defense.

Usually I get knocked from 30 to out of top 50 because I can't use my tablet until after work. Today, I remained in position with all surrounding teams 2-3K squad power higher than me. Either I wasn't targeted on purpose or pure coincidence, but I see it as a good sign.

Stick with your droids my friend!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Have to admit. I ran into trouble vs a droid team tonight. Luck's with you for now. :p Enjoy it till we find something that works better lol
  • Have to admit. I ran into trouble vs a droid team tonight. Luck's with you for now. :p Enjoy it till we find something that works better lol

I can see a high defense team causing droids trouble. Or maybe a turn meter manipulation team.
  • Yeah... keeping the droids alive early used to be the key and why the speed meta ****. You need the droids to last a round or two. If 88 goes out early you are in bad shape. But now with Poggle's power up and the droids not dying in RD 1, it's a big advantage. Especially since everyone is tougher to kill now and the droids bring the pain.

I might try to go top 10 in arena now since I went 4 for my last 4 after the update and finished at 20. Before this update I would be 50/50 on my w/l. Sometimes I would use a refresh just to stay above 50 and had a tough time getting over 20. That seems like it might change a little now.
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I had an easier time than usual vs droid team tonight. Poe didnt help them much. Maybe RG much better for droids.

88 didnt slaughter me like i thought he would.
  • I run a droid team as well, usually in the 30-50 range. These changes seem to be favorable, based on the battles I did this evening. Time will tell...

I can see a high defense team causing droids trouble. Or maybe a turn meter manipulation team.

Turn meter control can be a problem... FO Officer can mess me up (especially with Phasma lead). I ran into a Han, FOO, Phasma, RG, GS team once that absolutely wrecked me like 3x in a row before I gave up. I also ran into an ewok team that was complete chaos once.
  • Yeah... keeping the droids alive early used to be the key and why the speed meta ****. You need the droids to last a round or two. If 88 goes out early you are in bad shape. But now with Poggle's power up and the droids not dying in RD 1, it's a big advantage. Especially since everyone is tougher to kill now and the droids bring the pain.

I might try to go top 10 in arena now since I went 4 for my last 4 after the update and finished at 20. Before this update I would be 50/50 on my w/l. Sometimes I would use a refresh just to stay above 50 and had a tough time getting over 20. That seems like it might change a little now.

It is definitely attainable I had been getting #1 during the speed meta on an early December server; it just took some refreshes.
  • I had an easier time than usual vs droid team tonight. Poe didnt help them much. Maybe RG much better for droids.

@Ole_Man_Bourbon

Do mind sharing what team you were running against them? Just curious since I run droids myself.
  • I had an easier time than usual vs droid team tonight. Poe didnt help them much. Maybe RG much better for droids.

@Ole_Man_Bourbon

Do mind sharing what team you were running against them? Just curious since I run droids myself.

QGJ L
    RG
    GS
    Luminara

It is definitely attainable I had been getting #1 during the speed meta on an early December server; it just took some refreshes.

Nice... for the last 3 weeks, my entire top 30-40 was Dooku. For a long time I used to use 88 as my lead just because I love seeing him so high on the leader board. Everyone usually uses Poggle or HK... 88 is never up there. That was before I had all my droids leveled and used to do a half droid half Daka/lumi squad.
  • I brought out the HK team with RG and so far thats the only consistent winning team now. Turn meter is now king.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    x

• This was an HK team, not a Poggle team btw.

@Ole_Man_Bourbon

QGJ L
    RG
    GS
    Luminara

RG seems to be the new Poe in thwg everyone in the top 20 might need him to stay competitive.
  • HK lead and Poggle support. Most people don't run that now but I do. And it's a glorious thing. Droids have amazing synergy and the game was modded around synergy. Use the synergy toons with your droids!! Don't get cute with Poe anymore. RG is a good option but with protection you can take a toon down way too far before his auto taunt kicks in. An AiE on top of that and IG 88 is lights out.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Anyone ever work 100 into their squad? He might be really useful in this meta being a droid tank with stun and speed up. I only have him at 3 stars at the moment...
  • Ig86 and Poggle are great in this. I think Poe is off a droid team.

HK, 88, 86, GS, and Poggle. Also think that QGJ or RG can work in place of GS. RG is obvious but QGJ can pair win Poggle and give you nearly endless offense up.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    No problem with droid teams so far for me.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    Ig86 and Poggle are great in this. I think Poe is off a droid team.

HK, 88, 86, GS, and Poggle. Also think that QGJ or RG can work in place of GS. RG is obvious but QGJ can pair win Poggle and give you nearly endless offense up.

Good point with QGJ. I don't have him but I use him as an ally a lot. I mentioned in the post above yours, 100 might become really useful since he has the droid synergy and is a tank with useful buffs. But no one has him leveled at the moment. Why would they until now?
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ST Han might be good for droids now (and everyone rlse)

He needs to live longer than poe, though
  • I can't afford to farm IG 100 right now. I think he has potential but probably not in Arena. GS will always be a better fit for that team especially if running Poggle
  • Yeah, I have the classic droid squad... Poggle, 88, 86, HK, GS. I mix up the 3 leaders... they all seem to be effective. Would be cool to eventually have a 4th droid to work in there and see how it works. There is also Lobot out there but he is a loooong farm. I think I have like 4 Lobot shards right now, that's it.