Luminara or Captain Phasma from GW shipments?

After I get Luminara (I am currently on 36/50 of her shards) should I get Captain Phasma, or try and get Luminara to 7*?

Replies

• lumi to 6 then phasma
  • GenghisDon wrote: »
    lumi to 6 then phasma

Why?
  • I'd say Lumi first also because of her fit in almost comp where phasma is a bit more focused.
  • Luminara is a monstress. Her healing is ridiculously good and lasts multiple rounds. She must be eliminated....if she gets her heal off against you....you can close the app in pvp. She deals extreme damage and can kill pretty much anything over a few turns except for Sidious. Phasma is good, but Luminara is better for now.
  • I was in that exact dilemma and what I did for many was get them to 6* and then begin working on others. My idea is that I'll work on their 7* as a final step because I am having pretty good success with them at 6*....
  • Lumi is a beast - great dmg great heal evasion - Phasma is good but not as good as Lumi
  • Thanks for your replies guys, I'll get Lumi to around 5/6* then Phasma
  • I'd counter and say as a healer, farm JC over Lumi and then build Phasma from gw shipments. Phasma alters turn meter and speed, which is critical in PVP especially. I think overall she's the best farm in the GW shipments. For heal purposes and damage, JC and Lumi will feel almost the same. Lumi hits a tad harder, but not much and has a good leader skill where JC doesn't. I think you'd be much better off with JC+Phasma than with just Lumi.
  • I'd counter and say as a healer, farm JC over Lumi and then build Phasma from gw shipments. Phasma alters turn meter and speed, which is critical in PVP especially. I think overall she's the best farm in the GW shipments. For heal purposes and damage, JC and Lumi will feel almost the same. Lumi hits a tad harder, but not much and has a good leader skill where JC doesn't. I think you'd be much better off with JC+Phasma than with just Lumi.
    I have 4* JC at the moment and I was thinking of building him and Lumi.

• There are plenty of way to build your team. I personally like to max out toon and move on...n it seems to happen all at once..last 7/8days jc, luminara n today sid all max 7*... my Initiate is 3 days behind ...but being able to buy cantina refills n finish gw everyday, make my toon farming as fast , as possible. ..... I've been able to subsidize my lack of patience, with some cash, so my farming is little faster
  • Bigsy15 wrote: »
    I'd counter and say as a healer, farm JC over Lumi and then build Phasma from gw shipments. Phasma alters turn meter and speed, which is critical in PVP especially. I think overall she's the best farm in the GW shipments. For heal purposes and damage, JC and Lumi will feel almost the same. Lumi hits a tad harder, but not much and has a good leader skill where JC doesn't. I think you'd be much better off with JC+Phasma than with just Lumi.
    I have 4* JC at the moment and I was thinking of building him and Lumi.

I think JC is invaluable for GW. He later on his heal skill gets a -1 cooldown that takes his heal cooldown to just 2. So you can fire that thing often to boost your team's health, which is huge in the grind of GW. I have JC @7* max gear and I have Lumi 6*, max gear with 100 shards to promote to 7*. I haven't pulled the trigger on Lumi to 7* and burning the milli credits because JC is so darned good at a similar role. I wish I had those Lumi credits to burn on Phasma.

2 healers is big though and very good - needed even for GW and PVE maps - I don't think it's bad idea at all to build both. If you have Barriss already however I'm not sure that building 3 healers, especially all Jedi is a bigger need over getting Phasma. The deal with Phasma is she can control speed over 2 different rounds. Her special for ally turn meter gain can give you a big advantage and then she has enemy slow..so she's manipulating speed throughout the battle and giving your other heroes an advantage. This skill is especially helpful for PVP. She's also decently tanky for PVE dark maps. I have her at 4* max gear and she has around 9,400 health.

If you don't have anything really offensively powerful though that can benefit from Phasma's speed manipulation and deliver some knockout blows, then maybe best way is to heal / chip your way through for now with heal approach. If you have any AOE slow glass cannons though he's bring them up in the round to lay down some heat.
  • Fighton wrote: »
    There are plenty of way to build your team. I personally like to max out toon and move on...n it seems to happen all at once..last 7/8days jc, luminara n today sid all max 7*... my Initiate is 3 days behind ...but being able to buy cantina refills n finish gw everyday, make my toon farming as fast , as possible. ..... I've been able to subsidize my lack of patience, with some cash, so my farming is little faster

Thanks for reply, will try and get Sid, JC and Lumi 6/7*
  • I am in the same boat, gonna have Lumi in about 36 hours and still not sure if I want to focus GW on her or Phasma. Both are so strong right now and such key heroes but if what I read in another thread about Phasma's current lvl 60 limitations are right, I am leaning toward farming Lumi shards for now, not to mention the advantage of them being available on hard missions to farm faster.

Which means I can use GW credits for phasma and farm for Luminara shards in hard maps. FML :P
  • I got lumi to 6.5 and now im going for phasma. Lumi vs no sith is insanly good. Shes an attacker with the strongest heal in the game and ability block.