Follow the leader. Post your PvP squad.

Prev1
Lots of players have unlocked multiple characters and I've faced some surprisingly powerful team comps that I would not have expected to synergize so well together. To help lead us all into a new direction away from the FOTM teams I think it would be a good idea to post your team composition and a short description of why they work well together. By doing this maybe it will give us all an idea of the possible synergies that we might be able to unlock.

I'll start. My PvP squad consists of Sidious/Boba/IG88/Lando/Vader.As soon as I have Kylo 7* he will replace Lando or Vader. I went pure AOE/Debuff/Dot build and it has been the best performing Squad for holding my defensive rank in arena. It's murder on offense as I currently haven't met a team that has survived this comp. Granted I am on a easy low spending server so this is not the end all combination..it's just what works on my server.

Share yours!

Replies

• WhipiT wrote: »
    Lots of players have unlocked multiple characters and I've faced some surprisingly powerful team comps that I would not have expected to synergize so well together. To help lead us all into a new direction away from the FOTM teams I think it would be a good idea to post your team composition and a short description of why they work well together. By doing this maybe it will give us all an idea of the possible synergies that we might be able to unlock.

I'll start. My PvP squad consists of Sidious/Boba/IG88/Lando/Vader.As soon as I have Kylo 7* he will replace Lando or Vader. I went pure AOE/Debuff/Dot build and it has been the best performing Squad for holding my defensive rank in arena. It's murder on offense as I currently haven't met a team that has survived this comp. Granted I am on a easy low spending server so this is not the end all combination..it's just what works on my server.

Share yours!

Glad to see you using IG 88 as after sid I was gonna go for him myself im about 19 shards off from vader (what star level do you have him & is he worth it even though building his stars is gonna be difficult to do), Same goes for lando how is he ? i got decisions to make for team building as soon as sid & lumin are maxed my focus becomes replacing Dooku Old Daka & fives for a better squad

• Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo
    Poe/chewie still not sure
  • Vader is 4 star and will stay that way for a looooong while lol. He is very effective with Sid in an AOE/Debuff heavy team. I've hit 20k crit with his culling blade. But I honestly feel once they release the cap past 60 him and other 4* Chrono only characters will outlive there usefullness.

Lando is a beast. I've sung praise for him since a week after launch. But like Vader his usefullness will quickly dissipate if he is not farmable. After a grand in USD he is only 5 star and very squishy. Kylo will be a replacement for Vader or Lando........I hope lol. The 4-5 star Kylos Ive faced haven't been that impressive but hopefully at 7 star that will change.
  • Yuri wrote: »
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo

Very nice. I maxed out Chewie's stars and gear and I plan on possibly using him in a pvp squad once they release the level cap. With him it may be possible to have very squishy yet very high DPS characters work effectively in arena.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Yuri wrote: »
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo

Very nice. I maxed out Chewie's stars and gear and I plan on possibly using him in a pvp squad once they release the level cap. With him it may be possible to have very squishy yet very high DPS characters work effectively in arena.

Glad you like it, it's been working pretty well in arena...

GW on the other hand has been nearly impossible for the past few days
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo

I have 80% of characters unlocked a good portion which is geared and leveled and there are still days I can't complete GW. Certain comps in the latter stages of GW wipe my last effective team out. It is frustrating.
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo

Hello Yuri,

I am in the same server as you are. Recently tested your team and got slaughtered when my stuns did not go off. Must say it is a very good team composition. :)
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo

Hello Yuri,

I am in the same server as you are. Recently tested your team and got slaughtered when my stuns did not go off. Must say it is a very good team composition. :)

Haha I'm glad it's working! Thought it was risky at first, only having one healer, but then again Lumi is the only good healer I got xD
  • Here is my squishy pvp arena team

- Sid
    - Leia
    - Tie Pilot
    - Qui Gon
    - Poe

In a week or two they should all be maxed. I like to call it the Poe sacrifice build considering he always gets brutally murdered each fight.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Mine is:

Phasma
    Sid
    Lumi
    Kylo

I have 80% of characters unlocked a good portion which is geared and leveled and there are still days I can't complete GW. Certain comps in the latter stages of GW wipe my last effective team out. It is frustrating.

Yeah, I know what you mean, some teams that aren't even powerful and several levels below me are doing way more damage than they should.

Dooku has been a special pain in the **** lately..
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Here is my squishy pvp arena team

- Sid
    - Leia
    - Tie Pilot
    - Qui Gon
    - Poe

In a week or two they should all be maxed. I like to call it the Poe sacrifice build considering he always gets brutally murdered each fight.
    Here is my squishy pvp arena team

- Sid
    - Leia
    - Tie Pilot
    - Qui Gon
    - Poe

True, but it gives you enough time to kill 2 or more of their characters, plus his debuff also helps.
  • Mine is fairly standard I think:

Darth Sidious (leader)
    Luminara
    Count Dooku
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Vader
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Mine is fairly standard I think:

Darth Sidious (leader)
    Luminara
    Count Dooku
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Vader

Bet it's effective tho. I like it.
  • My squad:

Sidious (lead)

Lumi

Kylo

Boba

Dooku

Trying to think of a replacement for dooku. Pretty effective though.
  • Ive been playing with a rebel team. Doesn't do well on defense but it's fun to play on offense. It's lot of pew pew
    Ackbar leading with giant speed bonus 4*
    Han 5*
    Lea 7*
    lumi 7*
    Qui 7*
    Just recently got Han and ackbar so trying to star them up and Luke to replace lumi.
  • I started to play 2 days ago, but I'm very glad to know Qui Gon is good enough for a team. I adooore him, so I will get him and level him to the top, and... He will kill Dark Maul over and over and over and over again
  • Lvl 57:
    Sid 6*
    Lumi 6*
    Luke 7*
    Old Ben 4*
    Poe 5*

I taunt up with Poe, apply ability block+damage refuction with Ben, then AOE with sid procing eyposed units and kill them 1 by 1 with the help of Luke and Lumi.
    My Poe usually survives the match thanks to Lumi heal, so i find this comp pretty good even in GW (swapping Luke to JC or Daka is more viable tho)
  • moddom wrote: »
    My squad:

Sidious (lead)

Lumi

Kylo

Boba

Dooku

Trying to think of a replacement for dooku. Pretty effective though.

Very nice.
  • Lvl 57:
    Sid 6*
    Lumi 6*
    Luke 7*
    Old Ben 4*
    Poe 5*

I taunt up with Poe, apply ability block+damage refuction with Ben, then AOE with sid procing eyposed units and kill them 1 by 1 with the help of Luke and Lumi.
    My Poe usually survives the match thanks to Lumi heal, so i find this comp pretty good even in GW (swapping Luke to JC or Daka is more viable tho)

This is a synergy I haven't thought of. Luke is a murderer. As soon as Kylo is 7* I am knocking the dust of luke and investing in him.
  • shampoo wrote: »
    Ive been playing with a rebel team. Doesn't do well on defense but it's fun to play on offense. It's lot of pew pew
    Han 5*
    Lea 7*
    lumi 7*
    Qui 7*
    Just recently got Han and ackbar so trying to star them up and Luke to replace lumi.

Let us know how Ackbar works out. He is one of the few I dont have unlocked.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    7* Phasma

7* Kylo

7* FO Officer

5* FO Tie

7* Daka
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm in transition.

Old team (which did quite fine and kept me in the top 20, would be higher if I wanted my life to revolve around 5:30 to 6 pm):
    - Barriss
    - Sidious
    - Dooku
    - Asajj
    - Lumi

I am now hoping to move to:
    - Phasma
    - Kylo
    - Lumi
    - 2 of Dooku/Asajj/Sidious (can't decide). Sidious is probably safe if for no other reason than he will be 7* soon. Asajj is my next farm after that, and I bet she will be beastly at 6* or 7*. Dooku... oh Dooku, I do love him, but I think he'll probably have to go due to being under-starred.
    I need to star up both Phasma and Kylo a couple of times before I can really judge the effectiveness of this. Phasma is too squishy for my tastes at 3*.
    I really want to farm Fives as well but I am not sure if he is worth a spot above the others there. Oh, and I'm about to unlock Daka, again, not sure if she fits in (though a Daka/Dooku/Asajj stun combo could be deadly.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • 7* Phasma

7* Kylo

7* FO Officer

5* FO Tie

7* Daka

Yikes. That sound on paper to be a murderers row. How does it do on defense?
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Depending on the opposing leader, generally run the following:
    Sid or Barriss leading, the other #2.
    Luminara
    Maul & Tie Pilot
    Sometimes sub Dooku for Barriss to get first turn.
    If all survive the first wave of opponent first round of attacks (all do 95%+ of the time), 2 of the opposing team are usually dead after my first round of turns.
    Sucks for defense but great on offense against the AI.
    "That is why you fail."
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    shampoo wrote: »
    Ive been playing with a rebel team. Doesn't do well on defense but it's fun to play on offense. It's lot of pew pew
    Han 5*
    Lea 7*
    lumi 7*
    Qui 7*

Ackbar so far I feel has to be run with the rebels and as a leader. His health is super low right now. Gear 5 and four star I think it's sitting at 4500hp. The next tier of gear only looked like it had one HP item at +250, so I doubt he'll really get much more. But I only really use him for the speed boost. His leader ability right now gives me at lvl4 gives me 19 speed and 10% tenacity to all rebels. This lets my leia attack first and let's Han taunt quickly. Also will let my ai run leia cloak first and live. The group comp is fun because I'm just constantly getting turns. I think I've had leia go 3x to the other teams one due to having crazy speed and the Han taunt bonus. I'm always able to get the number one spot before the flip so it's able to compete with other teams. I think the funniest point was leia attacking with qui attacking and using her as support and attacking again and killing someone. Then ackbar refreshing leia and finishing off someone else.
  • I'm not sure what set up to use.

I currently have
    5* luminous soon 6
    5* asajj soon 6
    5* chewing
    4 barriss
    4 boba
    4 ima - gun di
    4 consular
    4 obi
    4 talia soon 5
    4 plasma
    4 ackba
    Any help appreciated thx
  • shampoo wrote: »
    shampoo wrote: »
    Han 5*
    Lea 7*
    lumi 7*
    Qui 7*

Ackbar so far I feel has to be run with the rebels and as a leader. His health is super low right now. Gear 5 and four star I think it's sitting at 4500hp. The next tier of gear only looked like it had one HP item at +250, so I doubt he'll really get much more. But I only really use him for the speed boost. His leader ability right now gives me at lvl4 gives me 19 speed and 10% tenacity to all rebels. This lets my leia attack first and let's Han taunt quickly. Also will let my ai run leia cloak first and live. The group comp is fun because I'm just constantly getting turns. I think I've had leia go 3x to the other teams one due to having crazy speed and the Han taunt bonus. I'm always able to get the number one spot before the flip so it's able to compete with other teams. I think the funniest point was leia attacking with qui attacking and using her as support and attacking again and killing someone. Then ackbar refreshing leia and finishing off someone else.

Thanks bro! I have only started toying with synergizing a squad around speed but from what you describe it seems like a lot of fun.
  • Here's my team members:
    • Darth Sidious 6* Gear Level 7
    • Luminara Unduli 6* Gear Level 7
    • Asajj Ventress 6* Gear Level 7
    • Dathcha 5* Gear Level 6
    • Captain Phasma 5* Gear Level 7

I also have some alternates to switch in:
    • Old Daka 5* Gear Level 6
    • IG-88 5* Gear Level 6

Finally, works in progress.....
    • HK-47 4* Gear Level 6
    • Savage Opress 4* Gear Level 6
  • Great post! There are some sick combos listed here. I have an idea for a team I like to listen to your opinions before I build it.
    Luke leader
    Lumi
    Opress
    Fives
    Kylo or 86 or Vader

Great single target offense, with Luke as leader, crazy tenacity boost, good health and decent speed.

It's also farmable.

What do you think?

• Today I'm running QGJ, Ben, Poe, Lumi and Leia. Speed builds on my server, nasty stuff.

FTP version is Lobot, IG88, IG86, Poe and Phasma. Poggle not needed with advantage and expose. Have fun