How to finish STR challenge tier iv

Prev13
I finished the challenge a few times. The key is to kill a Droid to gain defense up and then kill tarkin. When the buff expires kill the other Droid for defense up. This is the only way to avoid a OHK that I have found.
If anyone knows how to embed this video please let me know
https://vid.me/oeYj

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for the tip
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    use ability blockers like lumi and Vader. I was able to complete tier iv completely after the update
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »

I think you have things mixed up. Did you watch the video? Consecutive attacks land at 13000 14000 19000 15000 and 26000 hp. Reguardless of what the buff icon shows there is a boost to offense and defense when killing the droid. It may be a modified form of advantage.
  • Options
    Tried it with the same team. Still didn't do enough ddamage
  • Options
    Nice. I'm going to try that out now, actually. Thanks for the tip/vid.
  • Options

Did you kill them in this order? Droid,tarkin, droid,veers?
  • Options

Did you kill them in this order? Droid,tarkin, droid,veers?

Yes. I'm left with veers in red or yellow. And actually my Vader is only 4 tar
  • Options
    Vader may have been a bad choice. I used him because sid,Vader and ig88 all give negative effects from their AOE. I thought Vader would destroy them when they have 4 or 5 red debuffs. It didn't really work, and he does very little damage with his basic.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nope. Just tried it again. Same result. Doing the same thing, just not enough damage. By the time I kill a droid too much time has passed
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest you guys use Vader kylo and Sid. don't underestimate dots as they can quickly drop the bosses' hp fast
    mighty chlorians
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I lost twice, then put Savage in there. Even at 5* gear7 he made it with his special
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I've lost three times, I can get Veers into the red but always run out of time. Tried Savage, Vader, Sid, Lumi, GS, etc. They resisted Ability Blocks and I just didnt take them down. Seems like my team all hits like wet noodles now! They're all level 70, gear 7/8
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    I suggest you guys use Vader kylo and Sid. don't underestimate dots as they can quickly drop the bosses' hp fast

Tried. Failed badly
  • Options
    You can switch it up, I tried each way, Moff first is easier though. With luck Rey and RP will have foresight and try to keep on laying down ability block if you got an attacker with it. I used Vader for the lightsaber throw once and he debuffed Moff and then he rained death upon me.
  • Options
    I just had an advantage that didn't give a crit
  • Options
    Using sid lead my GS is hitting for 32000 on a self buff special attack. You have to save special attacks until you kill the Droid and gain advantage
  • Options
    I have been doing this attack process before the update with weaker attackers. The Advantage and HP is not the same as it used to be for tier IV. My theory is that it is tougher so you work harder to get to lvl 80, where it will become easy again.
  • Options
    Using sid lead my GS is hitting for 32000 on a self buff special attack. You have to save special attacks until you kill the Droid and gain advantage

I do. And Advantage ddoesn't always give me a crit
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    if I could record on iOS I would show some clears but I'm already done for the day and I don't know how to record off the screen
    mighty chlorians
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    if I could record on iOS I would show some clears but I'm already done for the day and I don't know how to record off the screen

My clears have all been lucky crits
    '
    2 out 10 tries
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't always get a critical either, but sid is still hitting for 14000 non crit.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    between vader Sid and kylo, the dots upfront bring both bosses down to 60% hp alone. Vader uses culling blade to KO one and the. his basic and lumi' force blast skill block the other. it's on auto at that point
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    You know, I appreciate trying to help...but this is a daily gear grind. They can call it a "challenge...but with how hard gear is to get already, we need a place that isn't a chore.
  • Options
    Try ahsoka. She just hit a 42000 critical for me.
  • Options
    30k damage is not nearly enough. Don't know what game you guys are playing but my bosses have way over 250k hp each.
  • Options
    Good tip, but .... Did you do things differently before? That's always how this challenge worked.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options

Same, IG-86 was sad.
  • Options
    I found adjusting my strategy according to the posts above made it "possible." Prior to the update I would use AOE attacks to kill both droids then easily dispatch Veers and Tarkin. Post update I get wiped out if I don't use the "droid, boss, droid, boss" method. Thanks to everyone who made this suggestion.
  • Options
    ObiWang wrote: »
    30k damage is not nearly enough. Don't know what game you guys are playing but my bosses have way over 250k hp each.
    Playing the same game you are.
    Did you watch the video?? 30000 is more than enough.