Suggestion: Skip Turn

I haven't seen this mentioned on the forums so I apologize if this has been addressed already. I think a good addition to the game would be the ability to skip a characters turn. It could be useful in a scenario like the following:

I have 2 characters remaining, an attacker with very low health and a healer with low health. My opponent has a full health Dooku. It's currently my attackers turn and my healer is next. If I attack Dooku (which is my only choice) then he will counter attack and kill my attacker leaving me with my healer vs Dooku. If I could skip my attackers turn, then I could heal them both and then have a much better chance to win the battle.

I'm sure there are many other scenarios where skipping a turn would be advantageous.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Yuri
    173 posts Member
    I agree, would be useful for GW too.
  • Yeeeeeeeeeessssss. And health bars with numbers. If I know usually what damage I'm being dealt and I can see my guy has just barely enough to survive I may be able to plan ahead a little more.
  • It won't happen for the exact reasons you want it to happen. Would make counter redundant, Dooku, Kylo, Jedis. There shouldn't be a "win" button, nit when atackers get such an advantage overy tge por AI. It's already a dumbed down strategic game, if you choose to leave units that can counter till last when theres a good chsnce you wont be at full strength, then that's your own error and you must pay the price. Should we remove healers incase they get left unchecked and heal their team, dimishing your chance to win too? No. Learn to prioritise targets better.
  • I agree. A skip or pass turn option is needed. Some characters effectively have this with a Special that just buffs. But for those that don't or for when those buff skills are on cooldown, being able to NOT attack should be an option.
  • Twinzer0
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It won't happen for the exact reasons you want it to happen. Would make counter redundant, Dooku, Kylo, Jedis. There shouldn't be a "win" button, nit when atackers get such an advantage overy tge por AI. It's already a dumbed down strategic game, if you choose to leave units that can counter till last when theres a good chsnce you wont be at full strength, then that's your own error and you must pay the price. Should we remove healers incase they get left unchecked and heal their team, dimishing your chance to win too? No. Learn to prioritise targets better.

Someone hasn't had their coffee yet this morning. Nobody suggested a "win" button, just more options. The example I gave was simply an example. Calm down.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I have often wanted to do this.. which is exactly why I think it's not a good idea. It simply makes it too easy to optimize gameplay. It would make GW into pretty much a joke if you have multiple healers. Worse, it would widen the (already large) gap between player capabilities and the AI (which wouldn't know how to use it).
    I vote no.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Twinzer0 wrote: »
    It won't happen for the exact reasons you want it to happen. Would make counter redundant, Dooku, Kylo, Jedis. There shouldn't be a "win" button, nit when atackers get such an advantage overy tge por AI. It's already a dumbed down strategic game, if you choose to leave units that can counter till last when theres a good chsnce you wont be at full strength, then that's your own error and you must pay the price. Should we remove healers incase they get left unchecked and heal their team, dimishing your chance to win too? No. Learn to prioritise targets better.

Someone hasn't had their coffee yet this morning. Nobody suggested a "win" button, just more options. The example I gave was simply an example. Calm down.

Yes, it is exactly that, a win button. The AI is already dumb enough that players can easily outwit defenders, being able to skip turns to avoid counters or heal before the next GW match is overkill and completely kills any remaining challenges.

Any sort of skip would have to come with a hefty penalty, like ability block and defense down for the skipped character.
This discussion has been closed.