Amazing update, Kuddos devs, game is finally open to more possibilities

Prev13
Maraxus
821 posts Member
@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_Method

Thank you very much for this MUCH needed update.

Finally we will stop seeing those same stupid formations.

this update has made a ton of new possiblities viable.

This is BY FAR the best moment of EA/CG in this game.

The only thing i would say is i cant wait for raids to come out to be able to get my chars to gear9 as some precrafters already did (and have a true advantage now)

Thanks a lot!!!

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agreed. Seems like mostly good stuff. I'm a little concerned about Yoda...but maybe he was just having a tough night. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • +1,000,000,000,000
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Not sure where all the vitriol is coming from but I agree with the OP. Thanks for the hard work. The game is more difficult now. I don't mind a challenge. If I can't beat something now, I will figure out a way to do it later. For the first time I feel challenged in this game. I thought dooku level in cantina was super difficult and wiped a couple of times. Maybe I will use more sims there until I level a bit more and out level and out gear my opponents.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Some good, some bad. I am glad to see that an arenas battle can go longer than one or two rounds now.

I don't think they should have messed with the HP meters tho. Much harder to tell a toons HP if you don't know it by memory.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I reserve judgment until I see all these new interesting possibilities in actual fights.
    Right now, Dooku+RG+3DPS is even more powerful than it was before and all I see on my shard.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I reserve judgment until I see all these new interesting possibilities in actual fights.
    Right now, Dooku+RG+3DPS is even more powerful than it was before and all I see on my shard.

Yup i think some tank toons like han, fives, and even chewie might get some more run but RG, rey and GS are still going to cover arena
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

Well there are at least 3 or 4 teams im using not using neither dooku nor RG that beat easily this "classic" team you just said above.

the issue is most people dont have large rooster so wont be able to figure this out quick.

but when you have options you realise that this update actually just made a tons of toons much more viables.

and wait until gear 9 and 10 are open to all... (i havent precrafted) some squishy toons will actually get nice protection and resurface from the bench they've been put on...

Like i said in another post... this game went from tic tac toe lvl to Chess lvl... this is awesome!

again I LOVE this update.
  • I am starting to like this slow grueling combat. Actually a lot more room to experiment and improvise during combat (partially due to the increased margin for error).
  • I'll hate it even more after GW tonight I think.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I know you guys have deep rosters and I look forward to what you come up with. I am not saying this is a bad update.. yet. I will say that so far where I am at, this new meta isn't an improvement and if anything is worse than the previous one. Hopefully that will change, but I see a lot of annoyance/stall teams on the horizon.
    And I am now switched to the side of believing Dooku's leader ability is too strong. With fights lasting as long as they do, there's too much dodging and too much offense up.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Maraxus wrote: »

The only thing i would say is i cant wait for raids to come out to be able to get my chars to gear9 as some precrafters already did (and have a true advantage now)

Thanks a lot!!!

+999

Thanks a lot!!!

+1
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • The problem with the area is now you need 10 minutes to whittle people down....okay maybe 7 minutes lol
  • yup, this update has introduced a lot of options to previously stale combat.

Thanks a lot!!!

Sure they reduced health a great deal and gave only the highest gear lvl players a very small protection shield that makes healers usless do the math GARBAGE UPDATE! They forgot to nerf enemy health or attacks my lvl 71 toons get killed by lvl 49 enemies in cantina battles that have 5 times my health bar but go ahead pat them on the back for what an AWESOME job they did while your at it why don't you dump a bunch of money into the game bend over and let those money grabbing Aholes know how much you love it with no lube

Thanks a lot!!!

Sure they reduced health a great deal and gave only the highest gear lvl players a very small protection shield that makes healers usless do the math GARBAGE UPDATE! They forgot to nerf enemy health or attacks my lvl 71 toons get killed by lvl 49 enemies in cantina battles that have 5 times my health bar but go ahead pat them on the back for what an AWESOME job they did while your at it why don't you dump a bunch of money into the game bend over and let those money grabbing Aholes know how much you love it with no lube

Lol
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    This update rocks! Finally a positive thread, I'm done with all the hate. I'm absolutely digging these changes.

Props devs, nice work so far, and we got guilds and raids on the horizon, nice.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    +10000
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Your nose; brown it is.

How about you wait more than 12 hours before declaring the second coming? Sure the cookie cutter Dooku/QGJ teams are over, but that does not mean a new cookie cutter team will not be found.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Diraan wrote: »
    Your nose; brown it is.

How about you wait more than 12 hours before declaring the second coming? Sure the cookie cutter Dooku/QGJ teams are over, but that does not mean a new cookie cutter team will not be found.

It's fine to have people 2 minutes in claim its the worst thing ever, but someone 12 hours in can't claim they like it?
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Your nose; brown it is.

Your mom, yes I did.

And a little positivity is nice in this sea of hate this forum has been since the update. I had fun again playing through everything tonight, loving it so far.

• im just frustrated with the changes to the PvE missions and challenges, not the "meta".
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    Your nose; brown it is.

It's fine to have people 2 minutes in claim its the worst thing ever, but someone 12 hours in can't claim they like it?

If you actually read the OP, you'd see. He claims it is the best moment in the game thus far. A bit of a hyperbole at this point.

Sure there are good aspects, but there are a great deal of negatives. I won't bother to list them all here because they're posted all over the forum. Needless to say this update is not perfect, and saying it is the best thing ever to happen to this game is either willful ignorance or indicative of a serious deficiency in understanding.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • It's junk.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    Maraxus wrote: »

Thanks a lot!!!

+1 million

• Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Nice to see someone is enjoying playing the game post update. You seem to be the minority.

All the angry posts are from people that went from having fun to hating the game. It's natural to be angry with a change you don't like.

I don't like the patch but I'm waiting a week or so to feel it out and make my final decision. Maybe you should give it time before calling it "awesome" we don't know what this holds at level 80, how arena will be or how GW will be in a week or a month. This update could be terrible at 80 or fantastic.

Ps - the dooku, RG, GS, Rey combo is still plenty viable in arena. Meta has not shifted from what I see. Maybe it will as people gear their other toons
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Ace5 wrote: »
    Nice to see someone is enjoying playing the game post update. You seem to be the minority.

All the angry posts are from people that went from having fun to hating the game. It's natural to be angry with a change you don't like.

I don't like the patch but I'm waiting a week or so to feel it out and make my final decision. Maybe you should give it time before calling it "awesome" we don't know what this holds at level 80, how arena will be or how GW will be in a week or a month. This update could be terrible at 80 or fantastic.

Ps - the dooku, RG, GS, Rey combo is still plenty viable in arena. Meta has not shifted from what I see. Maybe it will as people gear their other toons

The reason people don't like it is because up to this point f2p and whales were basically the same. You could both get first at your arena payout, you could both finish GW with ease and finish any challenges. Not much separated the two at that point in the game.

So now, people who have this expectation of being equal, are no longer equal. For people who have spent thousands in the game, we finally get some separation. Up to that point it feels like the money has been wasted...

So, I don't think it's a surprise that people with larger rosters can finally experiment successfully and do some more things in the game.

I don't think "5 toons" will cut it anymore.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016

The reason people don't like it is because up to this point f2p and whales were basically the same. You could both get first at your arena payout, you could both finish GW with ease and finish any challenges. Not much separated the two at that point in the game.

So now, people who have this expectation of being equal, are no longer equal. For people who have spent thousands in the game, we finally get some separation. Up to that point it feels like the money has been wasted...

So, I don't think it's a surprise that people with larger rosters can finally experiment successfully and do some more things in the game.

Ahhhhhhhh! The truth comes out. The wittle whale was upset the fishes could compete with him. Predictable.

I have to say. That was a disgusting post barrok. This is basically a thread full of big spenders happy that they can have a bigger e peen
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I have seen FO oriented teams, lumi with Jedi teams, dooku led teams, qgj led teams and barriss led teams. In just 7 hours since the change, there has been massive change on my December server.

I really do like the changes. We will see new players in the game really shine. Ea didn't destroy the speed/dps teams.

Give it a moment and try something new. Kudos to this post.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member

Ahhhhhhhh! The truth comes out. The wittle whale was upset the fishes could compete with him. Predictable.

I have to say. That was a disgusting post barrok. This is basically a thread full of big spenders happy that they can have a bigger e peen

Eh, say what?