Protection behaviour and Galactic Wars

So I was really looking forward for this new feature called "protection" as it makes sense in my opinion (reflective shields and what-not). However I think there is an issue with how it works on Galactic Wars.

Of course if you finish a stage with half your health bar on a character it remains a half empty health bar for the next stage, and that's fair, but what about protection bar? After fighting the two first encounters you have no remaining protection on most of your main characters for the rest of the Galactic War. However your enemies do have their full protection on and thus it becomes increasingly harder to beat them. You do not only have to deal with their increasing health bars but also with another protection layer that you lack since the very begining.

Now I don't know if this is intended or an issue. If it is an issue please fix it as it would lead to being virtually impossible to finish any Galactic War. But if it was intended I must say it is a hugely unfair rule to the Galactic War mechanics.

Replies

• That cannot be intended, unless the point is to have a roster of 60 equally powerful toons (5 x 12 rounds) to start each round with a fresh team and full protection meter. Of course then, one would have to have all 60 characters at gear level 7 or higher. No way ...
  • I agree. In the late stages of GW it is getting more harder to defeat the enemy team because of their full protection bar.
    The devs should remove protection from GW.
    TBH i don't know why protection was needed at all. They could make a bigger HP buff for the same gear level where protection comes in.
  • Or just make it reset after each fight. That way everybody has more survivability at the begining of a fight.
  • So apparently Protection is supposed to regen between fights. It even says so in the patch notes. For my entire GW today this did not occur when subbing characters out for 1 game or even 5 games. Even if the character still had some protection or not.

This mechanic is broken.

Make it so Protection is fully reset on each character after each battle in GW
  • Ive noticed that the protection bar isnt regenerating with turns either
  • Have to agree with what everyone says... After 5 rounds of the GW my 9 top character's are all level 70+ but are out of protection and its like playing with a squad of level 40's... Thanks for screwing it up Devs!
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Either they should remove **** energy from GW or make it fully refresh with each stage. Really it is so unfair. You basically fight against enemies with double hp without any compensation to your side. Health was unrecoverable and now energy. And spikes with 75-76 lvls on 2nd and 3rd stage is way frustrating.
  • I think it's working out good and have zero problems with it, actually forces me use a more diverse selection of chars and ultimately equals more fun.
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    It is still fun but taking way too much time. I really liked that they reduce damage output across the board but some chars like Rey still able 1 hit k.o. others with full energy.
  • I can confirm that this happens to me too. Protection does not regen at all. GW has become basically impossible.
  • I think it's working out good and have zero problems with it, actually forces me use a more diverse selection of chars and ultimately equals more fun.

YOU OBVIOUSLY WORK FOR EA WITH YOUR UPDATED PROFILE PICTURE! PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY HATE THE UPDATE SO STOP TRYING TO SWAY PEOPLES UNANIMOUSLY NEGATIVE OPINIONS AND CHANGE THE GAME PLAY!