Observations Post-Update: Completing Today's Tasks

So the update has been live for some time now, and it happened to drop in the middle of my GW run. Since then I've tried out the many aspects of the game post-update, and I am curious as to whether I am an outlier or if other players share my experience.

Ewok Event and Data Packs: Yay charity! I used to boast being completely F2P, but now I've paid for both bundles and feel good about them, not to mention it was good to get a leg up on the Ewok event as well as the Omega Mats Event. Great deals on the packs, the Ewok Event is nifty and generous even at its lowest level, and it's fun to be doing something different from the usual. Too bad it's iOS only, lucky me I guess. Hope something comparably nifty comes out soon for the Android users.

Omega Mats Event: Haha, I don't know if I'll be able to complete this event every day, but my roster has progressed far enough that I'll probably only miss one day in the coming week, and not for long. The challenge itself is laughable - difficulty is mostly in getting three 3* characters to complete the event. Also, the dynamic of playing a 3-man team is cool, honestly. Finished today's event with Grievous, Barris and Geo.

Galactic War: Um. Maybe my war is glitched out, or I should wait until the restart, but none of the enemy teams have protection going in. Mine didn't either but I'm in the middle of my run so I guess the game registered it as having been depleted already. In my newer account the protection is still up full, and the enemies don't have protection. I feel that the enemies are a bit tougher to whack, but so are my characters, and my ability to focus-fire and strategize while the AI just tosses out attacks at random works heavily in my favor. Almost finished, two battles to go, I don't see myself not finishing. I run a Barris (L), Dooku, Lumi, Geo, Rey team. Have not had to sub anyone in or out and everyone is still in good health with abilities mostly cooled down.

Arena: Huh. These battles are taking longer than usual, what with having to whittle down protection first, and the reduction in damage for certain abilities and characters. But 5 minutes is still sufficient time to complete a match thus far. Have not run into a team with RG in it yet, currently sitting at no. 12 with 3 hours to go before payout. Am already seeing the rush of red, though, and hoping that it won't make that much of a difference. Rey still hits hard, and her multi-attack powered by Advantage from Phasma can one-shot most characters, so good to know she hasn't been nerfed.

LS/DS/Cantina: Honestly haven't tried any of the high-level ones. My impression based on what I've seen is not much difference, and more survivability due to protection.

Challenges: Am in Asia so my challenge today was the AGI challenge, which I managed all right using a Phasma(L), Dooku, Talia, Asajj, JC team. Not auto, definitely challenge, but doable and I haven't lost yet, so that's good. I have read that the STR challenge is impossible, and I dread the INT challenge honestly. Will post notes on this in the coming days.

My overall impression is that everything feels a bit more resilient, but not the holy evil super difficulty spike that some people have been complaining about. Just one person's impressions.