Game is about speed and damage again.

Prev1
CPMP
974 posts Member
Like the titles says. I don't understand how this update was to bring balance to slow heroes. If pre-update bringing slow heroes, like Stormtrooper and Boba fett, was not an option, now it's even worse! Especially now that RG is twice as hard to die. And now, these heroes are also pretty much useless in challenges and GW. Enemies eat up your protection and your attacks doesn't even hurt them. Slow heroes became worse.
This game used to be high speed and damage, now it's also high speed and damage, minus the one shots. What's the purpose to bring a slow/low damage hero in game now, if a fast hero does 25k damage in 3 turns, while your slow hero does 3k and takes only 2 turns?? Is that balance?
This update not only didn't change anything, but it broke what was working too.

Replies

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Correct, it didn't really change anything. You still need to have cannons to break down that protection bar faster, and if you're not fast enough, well, you lose.

It only made battles longer. I'm not sure what some of these delusional people are going on about.
  • I can see the difference in a few toons. Obviously some of the stronger attackers are still strong. Changes were intended to allow both teams to get a turn first. Then the best synergy wins.

Protection probably isn't the way I'd have gone, especially since it only kicks in at gear 7 making mid level GW players even more PO'd than they already were.

The problem, from day 1, is that at a certain level, no stats scale linearly anymore. The gap between health, damage, and defense was destroyed, and instead of resolving the issue in stats they used protection as a means to split health into recoverable and unrecoverable portion while greatly reworking toons base stats, which weren't a problem at all if they even used those toons below level 70.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • CPMP wrote: »
    Like the titles says. I don't understand how this update was to bring balance to slow heroes. If pre-update bringing slow heroes, like Stormtrooper and Boba fett, was not an option, now it's even worse! Especially now that RG is twice as hard to die. And now, these heroes are also pretty much useless in challenges and GW. Enemies eat up your protection and your attacks doesn't even hurt them. Slow heroes became worse.
    This game used to be high speed and damage, now it's also high speed and damage, minus the one shots. What's the purpose to bring a slow/low damage hero in game now, if a fast hero does 25k damage in 3 turns, while your slow hero does 3k and takes only 2 turns?? Is that balance?
    This update not only didn't change anything, but it broke what was working too.

1+ exactly... and for all those we need a few more Days...than we can decide what's wrong.... nope...

really worst decisions..and if you know who you must choose now...There is no difference.. I am watching teams leading phasma everywhere... I used him today earlier and I must say a 7* fully geared Phasma will be pretty much the same like dooku and qgj teams...everyone uses them now haha haha great change I am not really a change just a slow down at fights and wargh no words for it...

just watch this Jedi Guard if you level her up you will find a protection more than chewies healthbar ;)
  • seen a few leaders, HK was still big and giving the Jedi team fits. QGJ isn't gone. Saw a Few Bariss. Phasma like you said.

It's early man. If they are going to make this a semi raiding game with guilds it's going to take some time. Hate on them come this time May :)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    seen a few leaders, HK was still big and giving the Jedi team fits. QGJ isn't gone. Saw a Few Bariss. Phasma like you said.

It's early man. If they are going to make this a semi raiding game with guilds it's going to take some time. Hate on them come this time May :)

It's because people are trying to find what works best. But i am sure for 1 thing. Fast heroes takes 2 turns before my Ventress takes 1. Same goes for other slow heroes.
    They said that slow heroes will get buff. They didn't. They got nerfs. Old Ben, Boba Fett, Mace Windu, ugnaught, Maul, all slow heroes got nerfs. Some of them got bigger nerfs than Rey/GS.
    People said Dooku's kit was balanced, exept his leadership. And what they did? They nerfed his damage and let leadership alone.
    Most OP heroes were RG/Rey/GS and now RG became harder to kill and Rey and GS got barely touched, while weak heroes like Mace Windu got nerfed. And the streak of fails don't stop in class balance. They also ruined what was working fine (Challenges/GW).

• Algren
    306 posts Member
    Yes I'm not against the update per se, but i don't think it has worked. I played a slow low dam team in arena (ewoks!) and because they were slow and low dam i drew with 5 toons left. So slow now just can't complete in time.

I also am yet to see any buffs to slow toons. I thought my boba would finally be good but he still does less damage than say yoda who is fastest in game :,)

Am happy to wait a few days and see if I've missed something though.
  • ! Assaj and ig88 actually get to take a turn before they are vaporized? Speed down, defense up, and heal immunity are actually useful now? Healers get to heal? Support gets to buff/debuff? What's not to like? Phasma'so speed down AOE can actually be used now. Before the update you got a chance to use one special, debug for one turn , and the match was over. There will be a lot more strategy involving support characters like Assaj and phasma. The OHK characters are now just damage. Once they make their attack you are free to debuff, ability block, stun, and either kill them or focus another character while they are down.
  • Do these devs know how to make a game? To code correctly? I somehow doubt it..
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    ! Assaj and ig88 actually get to take a turn before they are vaporized? Speed down, defense up, and heal immunity are actually useful now? Healers get to heal? Support gets to buff/debuff? What's not to like? Phasma'so speed down AOE can actually be used now. Before the update you got a chance to use one special, debug for one turn , and the match was over. There will be a lot more strategy involving support characters like Assaj and phasma. The OHK characters are now just damage. Once they make their attack you are free to debuff, ability block, stun, and either kill them or focus another character while they are down.

Don't get me wrong i do think this update is an improvement.

Just won my last 2 arenas with ewoks so I'm loving it. Only person in our top 20 with chirpa lead I bet :,)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    ! Assaj and ig88 actually get to take a turn before they are vaporized? Speed down, defense up, and heal immunity are actually useful now? Healers get to heal? Support gets to buff/debuff? What's not to like? Phasma'so speed down AOE can actually be used now. Before the update you got a chance to use one special, debug for one turn , and the match was over. There will be a lot more strategy involving support characters like Assaj and phasma. The OHK characters are now just damage. Once they make their attack you are free to debuff, ability block, stun, and either kill them or focus another character while they are down.

Lol Assajj gets a turn? Well that's the problem sherlock...She only gets A turn. While other heroes get multiple. And her aoe got nerfed too...So much for the slow heroes buff. On last game enemy Daka stuned My Ventress and every other hero did 4 turns, FOUR, before Ventress can attack again. And i had time to count them because the st*pid AI kept spreading the damage arround like butter. So yes, strategy may have an impact now, because battles are longer and the AI is dumb as ****. It won't make slow heroes more viable than the fast ones. It will only give the illusion that the Boba fett in your team, contributed to your victory, while the truth is that AI was making one bad decision after the other and gave you the win.
  • At least now it is possible for turn manipulation toons to be viable. That expands the experience.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Yeah i just played another arena battle. Their whole team went before mine, yoda went twice before i had a go. Not an issue though. The issue was when once again i had 5 toons left and they had 1 with red health and we drew again. Thifoehfkehfjfks! So infuriating. Test your developments! :,) I'm finding with the massive health boosts any team with a counter can't be beat cos it eats up about a minute of the game.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    At least now it is possible for turn manipulation toons to be viable. That expands the experience.

Phasma, Poe, Poggle and ST Han were always viable. And i doubt that Stormtrooper and Vader lead would be viable now.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Also, fyi, 5 toons to 1 is not a draw, regardless of time :,)
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Arena fight that were 1-2 minutes long are now 4-5 minutes long. Definitely the game is about speed !
  • You may have to use a tank taunt to protect slow characters. I'm not saying every sub q00 speed character will be meta now. I'm saying st least they get to factor into the fight. But you just want to be angry about it, and that's your right. But the update isn't going away. You ether have to adapt, or quit.
  • This update brings more viable toons to Arena,including those slow toons.
    Let us look at the update in this way. More ST Han,ig 86,ewok elder are seen in top Arena teams. Before the update, these toons are not fast enough to get a turn. They are usually killed before they can move and that is why they do not shine despite having good damage/utility. They are indeed good toons with nice skill set and good utility, the only thing they lack is speed and health. That's why they shine after the update.
    Please understand that these slow toons become better not because they are slow, it is because they have huge utility. Toons like boba has poor speed,poor damage,little utility and poor synergy, he is basically bad in everything and how can you expect him to be good?

One the other hand, fast toons like sid become useless now, it is because he has Low damage and little utility, he relies purely on speed to have a place in the speed meta. While fast toons like Rey/GS/QGJ remain strong because they are good in their skills.

This update does not aim to nerf all fast toons to 0 and buff all slow toons to OP.
    This update gives more chance to toons with nice skill set/damage, regardless of speed and punishes toons with little damage/untility, regardless of speed.

I never expect boba to be meta no matter how they buff slow toons. Even if the damage of slow characters by 5 times, I will still choose those slow characters with huge damage/untility like ig86/Han/ventress/FTOP over other slow toons like boba.
  • LeoRavus wrote: »
    Correct, it didn't really change anything. You still need to have cannons to break down that protection bar faster, and if you're not fast enough, well, you lose.

It only made battles longer. I'm not sure what some of these delusional people are going on about.

THIS +1
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    This update brings more viable toons to Arena,including those slow toons.
    Let us look at the update in this way. More ST Han,ig 86,ewok elder are seen in top Arena teams. Before the update, these toons are not fast enough to get a turn. They are usually killed before they can move and that is why they do not shine despite having good damage/utility. They are indeed good toons with nice skill set and good utility, the only thing they lack is speed and health. That's why they shine after the update.
    Please understand that these slow toons become better not because they are slow, it is because they have huge utility. Toons like boba has poor speed,poor damage,little utility and poor synergy, he is basically bad in everything and how can you expect him to be good?

One the other hand, fast toons like sid become useless now, it is because he has Low damage and little utility, he relies purely on speed to have a place in the speed meta. While fast toons like Rey/GS/QGJ remain strong because they are good in their skills.

This update does not aim to nerf all fast toons to 0 and buff all slow toons to OP.
    This update gives more chance to toons with nice skill set/damage, regardless of speed and punishes toons with little damage/untility, regardless of speed.

I never expect boba to be meta no matter how they buff slow toons. Even if the damage of slow characters by 5 times, I will still choose those slow characters with huge damage/untility like ig86/Han/ventress/FTOP over other slow toons like boba.

How exactly slow toons became better, i don't understand this. If Rey with protection can get a 2nd or 3rd attack now, she gets more benefit than a slow heroes that didn't die before update, which will do a 1500 damage when his turn comes. Glass cannons had an advantage (could one shot people) but also a dissadvantage (die fast). Now that class cannons won't die fast, they can squize in more twice more attacks than a slow hero. For example Kylo and savage has tons of hp and protection. So what? My Rey and Ig86 has protection too and can't get 1 shotted anymore.So i could just ignore them and kill more serious threats. Does that made Kylo and Savage more viable? I highly doubted.
  • LeoRavus wrote: »

Actually, you need healers, support and your cannons now to have a successful team. Before this update any team with the best 4-5 cannons would be able to defeat any team, now you need to actually use strategy and careful synergies to win. Having trouble with taunts? Dispel or prevent them instead of mindless beating the tank while you slowly and stupidly get killed.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    CPMP wrote: »
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    This update brings more viable toons to Arena,including those slow toons.

How exactly slow toons became better, i don't understand this. If Rey with protection can get a 2nd or 3rd attack now, she gets more benefit than a slow heroes that didn't die before update, which will do a 1500 damage when his turn comes. Glass cannons had an advantage (could one shot people) but also a dissadvantage (die fast). Now that class cannons won't die fast, they can squize in more twice more attacks than a slow hero. For example Kylo and savage has tons of hp and protection. So what? My Rey and Ig86 has protection too and can't get 1 shotted anymore.So i could just ignore them and kill more serious threats. Does that made Kylo and Savage more viable? I highly doubted.

Proreactive characters are always the meta in any turn based games. I never said slow toons become better across the board. Slow toons with good damage/good untility become better, I emphasise again, you must have good damage or good utility and you are not viable in speed meta only because you are slow. Those toons become better after update.
    Glass cannons are strong in this meta, they can provide damage and thus,they deserve to be strong. Please understand that glass cannons are classified as fast glass cannons like Rey/GS and slow glass cannons like 86,FTOP, in the speed meta fast glass cannons has an upper hand because they kill slow glass cannons before they move. Now all four of them are very viable.
    Kylo and savage cannot be meta because they provide little damage and utility. In the speed meta they might be killed before getting a turn, now I give you a turn but what can you do? Do a 2k damage and watch your friends die? These toons rely on people to Attack them so that they can shine.

Again you must provide something positive, either huge damage or huge utility like healing,reviving,stunning,removing positive effect,taunt,turn meter manipulation to be viable in Arena, REGARDLESS OF SPEED. Kylo and savage provide non of them. If you do a 2k damage in your turn and nothing else, then you do not deserved to be meta regardless of speed. Defence and HP is useless if you have no threat and it is always the case in any turn based games. It is because precise human control always focus on your glass cannons first when you are on Defence.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    If the update didn't make luke better than useless in arena than it is a fail. Lot of toons like him still...slow and damage isn't enough to justify that slowness.

And since it takes a lot to kill enemies now and time to kill matters I don't see why I wouldn't be using the same speed and dps heroes I used before.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Actually, you need healers, support and your cannons now to have a successful team. Before this update any team with the best 4-5 cannons would be able to defeat any team, now you need to actually use strategy and careful synergies to win. Having trouble with taunts? Dispel or prevent them instead of mindless beating the tank while you slowly and stupidly get killed.

Lol. And who has dispell? My old friend GQJ. Dispel or prevent tanks from taunting? Who doesn't get affected by this? My old friend RG. How you have to counter him? By "mindless beating the tank while you slowly and stupidly get killed" like you said. Welcome new meta that is the same as old.
  • Pretty sure GS is just a plain cannon. And not of the glass variety lol.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Fotp isn't even a canon anymore.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Not trolling here but I genuinely like the arena changes my arena server is already filled with different toons and makes a change. Sick of the same teams over and over again myself included I was forced to use it to compete, now I get use others it's great

Even managed to use a 4* toon in the second to last stage of GW today and win the battle. Went in to smash the final team.... wouldnt have been able to do that unless i was only using them as a suicide squad before

<hides for fear of personal abuse>
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Not much has really changed so far as I can tell. I tried running my level 74, 7*, g9 Kit and he was just as horrible as before the update. He still hits like a wet noodle. The same toons that were important before the update are still important after the update.
  • EXACTLY, the only difference in the game is now it takes 3:30 to finish what used to take 1:30.. So they solved the problem of "one-shooting" ..now it is 3-4 shooting so problem solved, right? No? Umm, I thought that is what everyone wanted... Oh it isn't? Ummmm
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Still running my standard team, in arena, only ting is it takes a little longer, haven't had the time yet to take more than the first 4 nodes in GW
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I'm not rushing to final judgement, but my initial impression is speed is the most important aspect. Massive damage reduction across all my heroes, the only way to make up for it is speed, of which I have little. Defense up buffs do seem to help a lot more than before, maybe that's a good angle to pursue.