Resistance Pilot busted?

evanbio
1505 posts Member
So the other day I posted about my squad, which really depended on RPs damage output. Now, the RPs damage has been significantly reduced. Is it time to give up on RP? They were mostly shelved anyway until I 7* Lumi. If nothing else, I'm figuring I need a tank to help protect them.

As a bonus however, I pulled a 2* Ahsoka from a Bronzium this morning. Perhaps she can make up for it.

Here is my pre-update squad, and a few of my other characters that I could sub in for reference.

Sid (L) 5* purple gear Lvl 65 (farming from arena)
Lumi 5* purple gear Lvl 65 (farming from LS/DS)
JC 5* purple gear Lvl 65 (been farming from cantina)
Talia 5* purple gear lvl 65 (Had been looking to replace...)
RP 5* Purple gear Lvl 65 (planned to farm post Lumi)

Others I'm building/could build:
QGJ 4* Blue gear Lvl 65 (using cantina tokens)
IG86 4* blue gear Lvl 61 (had been benched...now?)
Phasma 4* blue gear Lvl 64 (replace for Talia/RP?)
Maul 4* blue gear Lvl 61 (Bronzium pull....but can't star)
RG 3* blue gear Lvl 64 (also farming from LS battle...haven't unlocked other spot)
ST Han 4* blue gear Lvl 46 (Hadn't been doing much other than for tank challenge....is he a better tank/option?)
Poe 3* green gear Lvl 64 (Was planning to pair with RP....not sure it's worth it now)
Savage 3* green gear Lvl 41 (possible build after others are up)
Aayla 3* no gear lvl 46 (Bronzium pull....can't star up)
Ahsoka, RT, and MagmaTrooper are also option, but haven't done anything with them yet.

I'm not looking to be at the "top", just want to be able to finish GW more often than not. Also want to stay high enough in Arena to at least get 400 tokens/day. I hate Genosian characters, so I'd rather not farm them. And I go back and forth over keeping Sid as Lead or swapping with Phasma.

Thanks for any advice. Sorry the post may be a bit all over the place....

Replies

• Options
    You're exactly where I was 2 months ago.

Rp was my favorite toon. I proritized him over Lumi and all the others in GW. He's part of my ATeam and I compete for the no.1 spot on my server. To me he was the best f2p lightside dps toon. However he was nerfed pretty bad on his basic. Going forward you'll have to look where you want to deploy him. As a DPS he's not worth it anymore. And he needs a lot of purple to max. Perhaps he is still viable on a evade/tm team. I'm currently testing him out but definitely wait 2-3 weeks and get more feedback from the forum before pursuing him. Normally i would say get the characters you want. With RP you have to invest a lot in gear and it's frustrating when he's not usable.

You should concentrate on some key players on your squad. I don't know how poe is post-update. He was useless pre-update. I put han in my team and he's a beast. Just my2cents though. Everyone else in my top10 uses rg. You see all the chat about him being the new meta. I think there are alternatives. Especially after the update. I think droids could be a real thing again, so the ig's are also options. You already have a 86 and he's easy to star.

For gw you need two healers. Most use JC and Lumi. Two helaers are mandatory what you probably already know.

Leader:Sid has one huge problem at the moment. It's his spead together with his aoe. He goes early and risks puuting you at a huge disadvantage against dooku lead teams. Phasma is most likely the bettet option. However i also wanted to deploy sid one more time as my main lead to see how he fares post update. But most likely it won't be enough to compete with him
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so mad they nerfed RP! I had her at Gear 8 finally and she was in all my teams where I could use her. I'd tell anyone looking for a new farm in GW to get her. She was great! Now she hits terribly. She was already slow so she needed that damage output.

I had to pull her out and I am not sure where she will go if anywhere. I am upset I wasted all that purple gear on her to get her to Gear 8.
  • Options
    Skill set was very nice and pretty unique. RP was also one of my favorites and did not need the nerf. 5-6k basic attacks are now critting for 2-3k. I thought this was supposed to be adjusted based on speed? Given that RP is extremely slow we had the damage to make up for it now there's nothing in his kit to make using over other better characters.