Seeking advice to prep for galactic war and arena

I would like to get advice from those with much more experience and knowledge of the game. I purchased the $5 Dooku pack but aside from that have been very fortunate. I have the following characters and would like to know which ones combo the best and should be focused on other than Doku and Barriss. I'm currently using all arena rewards for Darth Sidious but am unsure of what to focus on for cantina shipments Old Daka shards or Ahsoka maybe?

Barriss Offee 4* level 36
HK-47 4* level 36
Count Dooku 3* level 36
Old Daka 4* level 35
Clone Wars Chewbacca 3* level 35
Stormtrooper Han 3* level 35
Talia 3* level 35
Jedi Consular 2* level 35
Jawa 3* level 34
First Order Stormtrooper 2* level 34
Royal Guard 2* level 34
IG-86 1* level 29
Snowtrooper 1* level 28
Ewok Scout 2* level 26
Clone Sergeant 1* level 25

Replies

• Hey there, so far you got a decent setup to get you fairly far in the galactic conquest. I'm a free to play lvl 63 guy so I'll tell you what I know though it won't be anything knowledge wise compared to the super high rank peeps lol (I normally rank around 80-100).

If I were you I'd work on getting old daka up some more. Her stun ability and her heal/raise ability helps keep your guys going in the galactic conquest.

One person I would suggest that you focus on getting is Lum. She is an easy character to 7* and I'll tell you right now she is my favorite. She has a fantastic healing ability and hits like a truck. I won't say she's the best character in the game, but I would take the leap and say she's the most versatile one. It feels like I can throw her in any team setup and she'll shine.

Lastly I would suggest to continue farming Sideous in the arena. He has a lot of good stuff going for him...high evasion and damage plus healing immunity attack. Also, whenever you kill someone he heals a significant amount. For the galactic conquest this is very nice due to the fact that he'll last for the long run.

Hope that helps some :)
  • Star up jc. He will be really valuable in gw
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • I'd focus on GW first.

Star up JC and Daka to 5 stars. Go for JC in cantina missions and he'll get up pretty fast. When he's 5* switch over to Geo Soldier or IG-86 so you get a good assist attacker. You probably want to level up Dooku too so do your 6 hard missions daily on him.

With Bariss/Daka/JC you'll have a great core. When you get Luminara you can sub her in for Daka or JC and have an emergency heal on your bench.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    I'd focus on GW first.

Star up JC and Daka to 5 stars. Go for JC in cantina missions and he'll get up pretty fast. When he's 5* switch over to Geo Soldier or IG-86 so you get a good assist attacker. You probably want to level up Dooku too so do your 6 hard missions daily on him.

With Bariss/Daka/JC you'll have a great core. When you get Luminara you can sub her in for Daka or JC and have an emergency heal on your bench.
    I totally agree with all that.

Chebacca, Talia and FOST also do really well in GW. I have Chewie and Talia at 5 stars and I don't regret it. My FOST is only 3 stars but level VII gear and holds up well until the 7th or 8th node. His high health helps Barriss' heal, too.

• This post is kind of old like from when the game came out. So I've kept with it and finish GW everyday no problem. Right now I have 7* Lumi, Sidious, Han, Kylo Ren, and Phasma. The team I run in Arena is as follows:
    Phasma Leader
    Luminiara
    Sidious
    Poe currently 5*
    Poggle the lesser 6*

I always finish in the top 50 sometimes 20 and have gone as high as #6.

I'm currently farming for Geonosian Soldier, IG 86, in addition to Poe and Poggle. I've also been working on Dooku forever.

Soon my Arena team with be Sidious, Lumi, Poggle, Poe and either IG86 or Geonosian Soldier.

After Poe is 7* I'll go for Qui Gonn.

My GW team changes sometimes depending on the matchup but usually runs pretty heavy on healers with my 5* barriss usually as leader. The health gain at the beginning of each turn is huge.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. On a side note I feel like one of my favorite GW moves is to heal block with sidious and then leave the toon alive so that the other team wastes their heals and also skips attacks for a turn. The tempo swing from that can be huge.
  • Here is a GW guide from Team Instinct! Hope this helps!

http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-galactic-war-guide/
  • The guide has a lot of good common sense ideas. One thing that it omits to say and probably doesn't because you are pay to win players is that sometimes it makes sense to put in a higher health character that doesn't fit into your GW plans. Put out two or three guys with some health that you don't need and get the other team to burn off their special abilities. Very useful with Poggle! You put in multiple guys so that you can bait out the AOE attacks that can burn your squad. You don't want these guys to live too long so that the cooldowns don't kick in. So sometimes you'll attack a counter attacker to kill them off quicker or just focus down Sidious. If you included this in your guide it would be more complete. The teams in GW are getting better every day and even an army of healers doesn't always get the job done.