Omega Event

jagram
94 posts Member
edited April 2016
The omega event is great idea, it's perfectly done and I love it. Why I think it's so great?
- Finally event which rewards player who has many different toons
- Tier 3 require only 3* heroes and you need only to have 3 toons from 11 alowed, so the requirements are not too strict - it's just right
- Most of required toons are available for f2p players
- Diffuculty is easy, you just need decent heores, not necessary 7* g8 lv70+, so there is no need to pay millions credits to ready your toons for event and we all know that credits are problem in this game right now
- Rewards are nice and there are refreshment so there is also something for p2p players and players with lots of crystals, they can gain many omega mats
Thanks for devs for making this great event and hopefully we will see many more in the future. Good job.

Post edited by jagram on

Replies

• I was really hoping that on day 2 the list of possible toons would change. Unfortunately, it's identical as yesterday's options, and I only have 2 usable toons. I've played every day since I downloaded it in November. So I'm disappointed that I can't participate in this event.
  • Unfortunately, it's identical as yesterday's options...

I take it back. They switched it up and I was able to participate.

• Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Totally +1 this.

I like this event, this is good quality new contents. Gives me a reason to give a chance to some back bencher that normally gathers dust at 1 star with reasonable investment (it looks like level 25 gear IV should work), and makes something different every day, new and not just more time.

I also liked the other events: Droids, Yoda. Am sad I can't do the Ewoks one (am on Android).

I vote for more of this and less of challenges, which are the exact same thing every day.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • I really like the idea of this event. However, the list of toons that you can use I've only been able to participate once and that was just a tier one. I hope in the coming days I will be able to do more of them.
  • jagram
    94 posts Member
    Even if you don't have required toons you can prepare for next time. You have whole week to do it and you need only few star. That's what i really like about this event.
  • i dont realy like that Event. Reason is i want to Enter that Game but have not 3 character that can.

I have today 2/3 than can enter, my clone is 1 i never skill him. And now i need him.

it would be Help when EA open a List with all character You need that you can Update them

It not cool when you can only get Credit and nothing more (or cant enter because one character is 1 star or 2 and you need more)

It would be Better when EA say

You need this character to enter and a LVL not a star Lv of character your own Lv

You need Only that character and not need them with 2/3 Stars
  • Yeah I understand that, but when I have 28 tools and have only been able to do now 2 encounters on tier 1 that kinda sucks.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I spend a lot of posts complaining about new updates - this event is a breath of fresh air. Well thought out fun and interesting to play.

Good job EA!
  • I hope you bring back the Omega event. It was fun checking to see each day if I could participate and it is a motivation to widen my character roster, rather than just boosting my top characters. This was my favourite event and I would love to have it back.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I agree! it was a great event and provided a variety of scenarios too. Not to mention the rewards made it worthwhile.

However, now I'm at lvl 76, those Omega shards disappeared pretty darn quick, lol
  • I loved the Omega event. I loved using my galaxy of heroes and not just a chosen few. After all, isn't that what the game is all about. Only thing is... I don't think I ever used my gold ability mats. How do we know how many we've got or if we used them?
    I'd love to see this return now and then like the Yoda challenge does. Using all my different characters was awesome.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I agree actually being able to use characters that you do not have resources or time to upgrade was fun. It was refreshing playing with other characters in teams compared to the every day team that battles in arena and GW - gets so boring!

If you want to see how many omega mats you have, if you have a toon with any maxed out abilities, click to upgrade it, you can see how many you have. But you need to be lvl 76 to apply your omega mat abilities.

I did two toon, Dooku's attack and Savage Oppress' attack.

I was looking at doing Sid's which gives a better chance to make his anti-heal stick on an opponent when hit, but thought it worked well enough any way. Now it seems like this ability of Sid's rarely works now. It's like they changed the statistic of when this ability works because now you have to use that Omega mat - crazy?

Any way - best of luck
  • Thanks heaps. I am level 76 but my highest toon is level 70. So I suppose I have to wait til my toons get up to 76 to see or use my gold mats.
    My fav part of this game is collecting the characters so I've spent more time doing that than powering up individuals. That's why the Omega event was PERFECT for me.
    I also find Sidious frustrating at times. ;)