Friday Fun Challenge (Not Just for GYST Members)

I wasn't able to start a Friday Fun task for GYST on LINE this morning so I thought I'd start it here instead. Last week's challenge was to use a mexican food dish as the punch line for a joke (e.g. You can't have those, they're nachos. Get it, not yours! Oh, that is so funny!) Anyway, my new challenge is to tell a bad joke to someone. You gain +1 fun point for every joke that gains you a groan. To start it off, here is my GoH bad joke of the day (a derivation of an old classic).

Q: Why didn't MagnaGuard cross the road?
A: He didn't have any guts!

Just so you know, the "!" is what really makes it funny. If that didn't make you groan, let me know because I have worse.

Replies

• Options
    I would like to understand the joke, please? Is it a Grievous reference of any sort?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Royce
    83 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to understand the joke, please? Is it a Grievous reference of any sort?

He has no guts because he's a droid.
    In-game name: Royce. Ally code: 844-142-988
  • Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073 Guts is a slang word for intestines and stomach. It also is slang for being brave, so having no guts implies a person is scared or a coward. In MagnaGuard's case, he is a droid (so no intestines) and he looks skeletal and doesn't even have "electronic guts". So this is funny because of the double meaning of guts where the direct answer to the question is that he didn't cross the road because he was scared. The double meaning is meant to imply that since he is a skeletal droid, he has no intestines. That is where the humour comes from.
  • Options
    @Sticare_Courts_0073 Guts is a slang word for intestines and stomach. It also is slang for being brave, so having no guts implies a person is scared or a coward. In MagnaGuard's case, he is a droid (so no intestines) and he looks skeletal and doesn't even have "electronic guts". So this is funny because of the double meaning of guts where the direct answer to the question is that he didn't cross the road because he was scared. The double meaning is meant to imply that since he is a skeletal droid, he has no intestines. That is where the humour comes from.

+1 groan

You deserved it. :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride