If you thought the healer challenge was bad post update! wait til you do the tank challenge!

Prev1
Skye
795 posts Member
edited April 2016
Ok I literally just spent six minutes attempting to clear the first wave of the teir 4 tank/int gear challenge

It had three jedi guardians... Although not all my tanks are at lvl 73, the three that are are all moderately well geared and ability levelled.. most at 6+ ability and gear 7 or higher... I have teebo and finn at gear 6 but levels 55...

This challenge used to take me 2 minutes, 3 at most to to complete! with the above setup! I have no idea how long it takes now. as when I got to the next stage and saw another three guardians I was like "NO!"

Whatever they changed in the patch... enemies seemingly have a lot more health in the challenges.. none of them show any protection bar... Literally every hit I made didn't even dent the health on the jedi guardians! biggest hit I saw was like 2k! I duno how much health the jedi guardians have in this challenge but it took me a little over two minutes to defeat one of the jedi and I needed to use exposes from Finn and Poe to do the bulk of the damage!

I don't think I need to even ask if anyone even tested this update on this tank challenge!

When I cleared the first wave.. there was another 3 jedi guardians! Erm.. do I want to spend another six minutes clearing this wave? and then also risk the possibility of not actually be able to defeat Windu after a further six minutes or more? So potentially I could be spending upwards of 18 minutes on just one attempt on a tank challenge?

I'm really at a loss here over what I can say! I like the fortitude change generally, but the over all increase in time needed to do any activity in this game is just not warranted or justified!

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    What if we thought the healer challenge was fun - and no harder than it used to be?

What if we are enjoying the fact that "Challenges" are challenging again? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    challenging is fine! but it's not.. it's time wasting!

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    What if we thought the healer challenge was fun - and no harder than it used to be?

You might be a whale?

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    zerizut wrote: »

I'm not talking about the healer challenge! I'm referring to the Int gear/tank challenge

• zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Skye: "If you thought the healer challenge was bad post update! wait til you do the tank challenge!"
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Skye: "If you thought the healer challenge was bad post update! wait til you do the tank challenge!"

read my post carefully and you'll know I'm talking about the tank challenge! since when do Jedi guardians pop up in the healer challenge?

• zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Dude, YOU brought up the healer challenge in the thread title, believe me!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yudoka wrote: »

You might be a whale?

$15 spent...in January. I may be a lot of things, but I am NO whale. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Why do people always think Nikoms' a whale? :o
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Because anyone who knows what they are doing are whales. It can't be that they are just better than people who can't complete things. Or prepare better, they must be whales or people's self worth might suffer.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    I'm not even thinking about the tank challenge. I couldn't do the level 72 one before the update so it's beyond hope now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Why do people always think Nikoms' a whale? :o

I guess I need to lose weight...or maybe it's all the dollar signs in my avatar pic...oh, wait.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    I'm not even thinking about the tank challenge. I couldn't do the level 72 one before the update so it's beyond hope now.

What does your roster look like? Maybe we can help.

• Yudoka wrote: »

You might be a whale?

No whale here and doing the healer challenge on auto. Barris, JC, Yoda, Daka, Dooku. For tanks, Teebo, RG, Poe etc.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »

What does your roster look like? Maybe we can help.

Agreed. If you would like, I would be glad to help as well.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Dude, YOU brought up the healer challenge in the thread title, believe me!

read the title! again carefully.. yes I reference the healer challenge! but the second part of the sentence should indicate what I am talking about the tank challenge!

I edited the first line in the original post to indicate the challenge more concisely... HOWEVER as i indicated in my earlier post.. if you read it.. you would have known I was talking about the tank challenge as Jedi Guardians do not pop up in the healer challenge!

Additionally if you had read it carefully you would have known I was talking about the tank challenge as I detailed a group of my tanks!

Anyway I'm not going to debate whether you were mislead by the title or not.. perhaps I could have word it differently. but I'm not going to edit it, because the essence of the title in its full form still represents exactly what I mean...

For those who haven't got the tank challenge yet.. when you do.. if you see three gaurdians in the first wave! DO YOURSELF a massive favor and retreat and retry til you get something either the troopers or healers...else you will be spending more time than you need to! They are beatable but do you really want to be spending 10 minutes or so doing a single challenge attempt?!

• @Skye He knows your *post* is about the tank challenge. The *title* of your post says "if you thought the healer challenge was bad", implying that you did think so. They have sent you to a thread where it's explained how it can be made much easier, trying to help you if you thought it was difficult, independently of what your post is about. They aren't trying to deviate from the thread, just help you with a different issue that you have implied in your title.

I am really not looking forward to the tank challenge though. Without self heals (aside from chewie) it looks like it's gonna be hell if the trends of all the prior waves being much stronger holds.

• ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    You didn't say anything about fighting Mace. How was that? Is it harder or just more time consuming?
  • The across the board nerf of player characters have made PvE generally not so enjoyable. Challenges are the worst. I just don't have 12 hours to day to spend on this game.
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    Healer challenge is still tough but not quite as bad. Tank challenge is definitely tougher but not unbeatable.
  • FTP and still beat all the challenges no sweat and in a short amount of time. You probably need to tweak your lineup for a better strategy if you are struggling.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    You didn't say anything about fighting Mace. How was that? Is it harder or just more time consuming?

I dunno, as when I saw the three guardians on wave 2.. I retreated and didn't bother... I wasn't prepared to spend another six minutes on wave 2 like I did on wave 1.

I did another attempt on wave 1 it had two gaurdians and one healer... It wasn't much better.. took pretty much just as long.. then wave 2, I had three healers... which was probably worst.. because they're better at surviving an attrition battle... I actually lost finn by the time I reach wave 3... I just didn't bother at that point and retreated again

Pretty much unless the devs do something about this particular challenge I'm not going to touch it again for a long while.. Quite simply none of the tanks have enough damage output to make this particular challenge done in a timely manner

The teir 4 tank challenge enemies just have too much health, and you will lose someone if you end up fighting an attrition battle against several healers prior to getting to Windu

• Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Skye wrote: »
    I dunno, as when I saw the three guardians on wave 2.. I retreated and didn't bother... I wasn't prepared to spend another six minutes on wave 2 like I did on wave 1.

I did another attempt on wave 1 it had two gaurdians and one healer... It wasn't much better.. took pretty much just as long.. then wave 2, I had three healers... which was probably worst.. because they're better at surviving an attrition battle... I actually lost finn by the time I reach wave 3... I just didn't bother at that point and retreated again

Pretty much unless the devs do something about this particular challenge I'm not going to touch it again for a long while.. Quite simply none of the tanks have enough damage output to make this particular challenge done in a timely manner

The teir 4 tank challenge enemies just have too much health, and you will lose someone if you end up fighting an attrition battle against several healers prior to getting to Windu

What is your lineup for that challenge? You mentioned Finn, but who else?
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member

If it's no harder than it used to be then it isn't challenging. More likely you just enjoy disagreeing with people here regardless of whether you make any sense. You usually don't.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    FTP and still beat all the challenges no sweat and in a short amount of time. You probably need to tweak your lineup for a better strategy if you are struggling.

The battle isn't hard as such or difficult... it's just very very time consuming.. You'll see what I mean when you get to the tank tier 4 tank challenge...

I'm still level 73, so I have no idea how it will play out at lvl 80... but very few people will be at level 75 or higher right now..

The issue is none of the tanks will at lvl 72-73 do much more than 2k damage per hit. It hardly moves the health of a jedi guardian.. If there is a healer there and you do not stun lock it or deny it the heal... the fight lasts for a very very long time.

It might play out better at higher levels, but certainly at lvl 72-73 the tier 4 challenge isn't worth the time to do right now.. I'll give it another go at lvl 75 assuming I haven't uninstalled the game by then. lvl 74 won't provide much bonus to any of my tanks...

Prior to the patch, the team I had would usually beat Windu but I usually lose someone in that fight before I win.. with the longer attrition battle.. I foresee actually losing more than one person and indeed even losing the confrontation entirely and thus ending up wasting 15 minutes of my time

• It will go faster with a better squad. I'm autoing it with Finn, Poe, IG100, RG and Fives. 5-7* and gear 8. Beat it with a 4* Boba as lead as well. Keep farming and upgrading your tanks.
  • Well this bodes well for tonight then. I've had problems with the Tank challenge before since RGs stun hasn't stuck on Windu but now I have upgraded him so we'll see. But with only three of five tanks developed to about the challenges level I fear for the new one. But we shall see
  • Just played the tank challenge with 6* Boba, Fives, Chewie(L) *7 Mace and Plo all around gear 8, not only do I now suddenly wish my 7* jedi had as much health or could do as much damage as a phase I trooper, the few times I make it to Mace it is a bloodbath
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Finity wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »

What is your lineup for that challenge? You mentioned Finn, but who else?

Poe, Old ben, RG are all lvl 70 or higher, purple geared
    Finn and Teebo are lower level around 60 purple geared, both abilities are only at rank 4 or 5, so they are the weakest of the tanks but they are usually there just for the stun and turn meter manipulation.. I doubt they two will make a huge impact on damage output if considering how Old Ben, Poe and the RG upgraded are anything to go by.