My view of the update....

ioniancat21
2091 posts Member
edited April 2016
As I came home from work yesterday, I saw the comments beginning to mount on the negative side and my heart sank, since I hadn't updated yet since I was away from Wi-Fi so I was prepared for some pain when I arrived home. The update surely did change a lot, almost like playing a new game.
  • My first reaction was that they changed too much in one update and that these changes should have been staggered into maybe 3 updates instead.
  • I also thought that players will need the Arena clock increased from 5 minutes.
  • I also didn't like how certain already troubled characters got nerfs in the worse direction such as Asajj Ventress and Boba Fett, characters that I figured would be buffed since it was explained in the mediocre notes that slower characters would see buffs and faster nerfs and the update followed none of that logic at all.
  • The lack of detailed notes, especially after such an update like this is inexcusable!!! How sad is it when we have to rely on poor Instinct and Kylven at swgohcantina.com to get statistics of "what happened" yet EA doesn't have a clue for us!!!

I understand what they were trying to accomplish here, which originally was to end the cheesy wins, 1HKO's, cheap teams consisting of the same 5 characters. What we got was way different than explained and that is part of the biggest problem here. I have some solutions!!!
  1. EA certainly needs to communicate much better with it's player base and give them features they ask for and then accomplish what the fans want. It would seem our view of what should be vs. what they believe we want is two different things. EAs worst trait on this game is not communicating properly with the masses. Number one, they need to get off of Reddit as this is the biggest gripe I have, where CG employees release exclusive information there and ignore the "Official site". Reddit is not official, it is rogue nonsense. Either release information on the official site or keep your mouth shut. Where is CG Management on this?? Do they control the actions of employees?? Do they have confidentiality agreements in place or rules for how information is released or is this the wild west where outlaws make the rules?? This trait is unacceptable.
  2. Second, it's clear that adjustments will need to be made. I listed some above but there are other things that need fixing that I overlooked here. I expect that you will continue to balance characters and abilities weekly and push patches weekly until a healthy balance is struck on the flawed changes, truly making all characters useful.
  3. Third, the players need to be able to farm all the gear necessary to upgrade their characters. Having inaccessible gear is just a cheese slowdown tactic. This could be changed easily with a small patch.

I hope EA can get themselves out of the fire because much of the player base has invested both time and money to support your game and would like to see "value added" on their investment. With such a high profile expensive game like SWGOH, the support needs to match the pricing. Balancing of characters and other can be fixed with quick patches but your communication is your weakest link and this is game breaking and game ending if you don't.

SPEAK OUT ALL!!!