Sunday: Some Math (hint, it's not good)

I am generally a fan of the changes made in the update. The one thing I don't like is how much longer everything takes. And since Sunday we get all of the challenges I figured I would add up a realistic time needed to do everything this Sunday (unless there are changes made).

The challenges:
I've been lucky and have been able to pass these so far, but they take forever. The STR challenge took me an average of about 5 minutes each. The AGI I average around 7 minutes each. I haven't tried the INT challenge yet, but I've read it could be the worst one, but I'll since it is unknown I'll just average it out and say 6 minutes each. Then I'll assuming you can auto the other challenges at 2 minutes each.

9 auto challenges x 2 minutes = 18 minutes
15 other challenges x 6 minutes(average) = 90 minutes

GW:
I was able to complete GW in about 45 minutes today.

45minutes

Arena:
I typically use up the 5 minutes anyway in order to stay in battle a little longer. Double this if you use a refresh.

25 minutes

Everything else: (Cantina, Mission, Events, Upgrading, training, etc)

10-15 minutes

Total: Over 3 hours.

I really hope they make some changes. Like I said, I like the changes. I just wish everything didn't take so long.

Replies

• Options
    I am generally a fan of the changes made in the update. The one thing I don't like is how much longer everything takes. And since Sunday we get all of the challenges I figured I would add up a realistic time needed to do everything this Sunday (unless there are changes made).

The challenges:
    I've been lucky and have been able to pass these so far, but they take forever. The STR challenge took me an average of about 5 minutes each. The AGI I average around 7 minutes each. I haven't tried the INT challenge yet, but I've read it could be the worst one, but I'll since it is unknown I'll just average it out and say 6 minutes each. Then I'll assuming you can auto the other challenges at 2 minutes each.

GW:

45minutes

Arena:
    I typically use up the 5 minutes anyway in order to stay in battle a little longer. Double this if you use a refresh.

25 minutes

10-15 minutes

I really hope they make some changes. Like I said, I like the changes. I just wish everything didn't take so long.

Boo-f'en-hoo. Spread out the 3 hours into your boring 24 hour day in your ____'s basement. Stop whining about time. If you want a quickie, go play tetris.
  • Options
    you must have nothing better to do in your life YugeJazz then spend 12 hours a day playing this game and the other 12 hours being the most annoying person on this forum
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »

The challenges:

GW:

45minutes

Arena:

25 minutes

10-15 minutes

Boo-f'en-hoo. Spread out the 3 hours into your boring 24 hour day in your ____'s basement. Stop whining about time. If you want a quickie, go play tetris.

Dude go play with your barbies. He has a good point.
  • Options
    you must have nothing better to do in your life YugeJazz then spend 12 hours a day playing this game and the other 12 hours being the most annoying person on this forum

I have some extra time before and after dates with your ___.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »

The challenges:

GW:

45minutes

Arena:

25 minutes

10-15 minutes

Dude go play with your barbies. He has a good point.

My barbies are on their way from Amazon Prime. Currently playing with my Pokemon cards.
  • Options

Don't be an ****. For many of us that play this game, one of the things that made it appealing is that you could do everything in about an hour. Some of us have lives outside of this game. A job, school, a family to raise, or all of the above like me.

If this is how the game is from now on that's fine. I'm not any more important of a customer then you are, and if you prefer to take 1/6 - 1/5 of your waking hours on this game then fine. The game makers will just end up getting a different type of player then they have now.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

But he does have a point.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Don't be an ****. For many of us that play this game, one of the things that made it appealing is that you could do everything in about an hour. Some of us have lives outside of this game. A job, school, a family to raise, or all of the above like me.

If this is how the game is from now on that's fine. I'm not any more important of a customer then you are, and if you prefer to take 1/6 - 1/5 of your waking hours on this game then fine. The game makers will just end up getting a different type of player then they have now.

At the same time, many of the most vocal on this forum and reddit, were saying that things didn't last long enough. The devs listened and all they get is more **** and whining.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

I have some extra time before and after dates with your ___.

lol I genuinely feel bad for you
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

and what point would that be? people wanted more/new content, making GW take 2x as long and challenges 2x as long is not more/new content, its just making existing content more painful and annoying

• Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

At the same time, many of the most vocal on this forum and reddit, were saying that things didn't last long enough. The devs listened and all they get is more **** and whining.

That's true, and like I said my opinion isn't more important then theirs. I don't think you can make a game with this many players and have everyone happy. I think it's just been a shock of how much the time requirement went up.

The real issue is that the people who were complaining were doing so due to lack of content. They didn't add content (ok besides some events that take less than 10 minutes to complete). They just made the existing content take a lot longer.
  • Tally
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

How did 3h turn into 12h?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

That's true, and like I said my opinion isn't more important then theirs. I don't think you can make a game with this many players and have everyone happy. I think it's just been a shock of how much the time requirement went up.

The real issue is that the people who were complaining were doing so due to lack of content. They didn't add content (ok besides some events that take less than 10 minutes to complete). They just made the existing content take a lot longer.

This is true for the most part. But some content is better than no content. Considering this wasn't a content patch, I am happy with what we got (for zero energy mind you). Also, the tuning changes to the PVE battles may seem like it takes a long time now but when we hit 80, we will be burning through them like we did at 70.
  • Options
    I have 25 minutes from home to work. I could get done everything I needed to do if I was quick, save GW, during my commute. Now I can barely do two challenges and one more thing.

It's a disaster time wise.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    I never ever autoed a challenge. And yet I exist.
  • Options
    Just tried the INT challenge.... lets just say there will be a ton of whining later when the rest of the world gives it a go.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Just tried the INT challenge.... lets just say there will be a ton of whining later when the rest of the world gives it a go.

Good - that's just what the forums need. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    I never ever autoed a challenge. And yet I exist.

I like you z. Keep up the good work. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options

The challenges:

GW:

45minutes

Arena:

25 minutes

10-15 minutes

Great post...love it
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Well, the int challenge can be tougher for most becuase they don't have 5 leveled tanks. Mace hits hard and I am sure it will be difficult but with reasonably leveled tanks I don't anticipate any issues. Just like Savage was easier today.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (Responding to the OP)
    Except that this isn't a job. It's a video game. I get the need and desire to finish everything daily but I've never seen so many people complain about how long it takes to play a video game. Most people WANT to actually play. But people act like it's the equivalent of doing their taxes. If you don't finish the daily challenge, nothing bad will happen to you. The IRS wont sieze your paycheck or your home. You just wont get the free rewards offered from playing daily. That's it. If you want to play, log in and play. If not, dont.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »
    Except that this isn't a job. It's a video game. I get the need and desire to finish everything daily but I've never seen so many people complain about how long it takes to play a video game. Most people WANT to actually play. But people act like it's the equivalent of doing their taxes. If you don't finish the daily challenge, nothing bad will happen to you. The IRS wont sieze your paycheck or your home. You just wont get the free rewards offered from playing daily. That's it. If you want to play, log in and play. If not, dont.

+ONE

• Options
    I got flamed just as hard when I made a similar post. Fact is, most people do not want to spend 3 hours a day playing this game, at least not in its current state.

• Options
    I don't know why people wanted things to take longer. It's a damned mobile game, go play a real game if you want more play time! If you want 6 hours of play a day, go play a proper game.
    This is made for the coffee line and the toilet.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Corrvan wrote: »
    I don't know why people wanted things to take longer. It's a damned mobile game, go play a real game if you want more play time! If you want 6 hours of play a day, go play a proper game.
    This is made for the coffee line and the toilet.

Ha ha I actually laughed when I read this. Funny point.
  • EazyE
    20 posts Member
    Options
    The game is harder and takes more time than before, that's the problem.
    People who were playing that game, for example, wanted to spend 1-2 hours daily max, 3 hours can be kinda too long for them, because they can have families, job, other hobbies etc.

The point is not that the game takes 3 hours, but it's because players accustomed to play less time(1-2 hours), not more, and that's a bad change. Keep in mind that for some people that +1hour is too much for just a mobile game.
    Don't give me that "the day has 24 hours!" bulls**t, because my breakfast usually takes ~15 minutes, if it started to took 1h 15min I'd be angry too. :wink:

As someone said - I'm not taking that game serious, it's just a funny mobile game.
  • Options
    Way too much time as it was on Sundays - I don't mind goofing off at work but frankly Sunday (& Saturday for that matter) are family days.

You can bet your last pesos as to what I'd rather be doing and it isn't gaming.

It seems like it is only going to get worse as well.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options

Brilliant post!
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."