Ewoks vs Clones (before and after update)

RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
So I'd like to first say that @jherenkharr 's team is not only a breath of fresh air, but very tough to battle!

Nonetheless, I wanted to visually show the difference this update has brought us. This first video is from before update:
https://youtu.be/snC37iM0Td8

Here is what the same lineups bring after update. ...a DRAW! (Battled him more than once with RG and both are draws):
https://youtu.be/QEx75LJqh-Q

I had to switch to ST Han to finally beat him, which included a laughable 1:30min in which it was 4 ewoks vs 5s on auto. ....
https://youtu.be/_IXHkT3klm8
Things to mention is that @jherenkharr has 5s maxed and his basic now to 8...normally i would avoid him, but I wanted to demonstrate what this update has brought to us.

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    I am looking forward to not only trying out new combinations, but also battle new and interesting squads in my server
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    I am looking forward to not only trying out new combinations, but also battle new and interesting squads in my server

+1 to thread

going through the same with my ewok team ;) (not tried han yet with them though)
  • Dang! Thanks for posting these!
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member

You're awesome. And my Chirpa-providing ally.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Krak wrote: »

+1 to thread

going through the same with my ewok team ;) (not tried han yet with them though)

I have been testing different characters for the 5th arena squad member. These are the top 5 so far:

1) RG - I don't have to tell anyone how difficult this toon is to kill. He alone is now a marathon. He ensures no ewok gets killed, and if they do, that is what EE is for.

2) ST Han - in the protection era he is a great fit on offense. He adds to the turn meter nightmare the ewok have become, now that he is guaranteed at least 1 taunt.

3) Magmatrooper - he has become the anti Darth Sidious. Once Sid uses his AOE, Magma will be next. Ewoks then take over from that moment on!

4) Old Daka - she completes the perfect GW squad.

5) Old Ben - hear me out, at 78 teebos special at level 8 has 30% chance to stealth ALL EWOKS. Just imagine. ...3 turns where the opponent has no choice but to target Ben. You could also use Dooku/Savage/5s etc.
  • Krak
    68 posts Member

+1 to thread

I have been testing different characters for the 5th arena squad member. These are the top 5 so far:

1) RG - I don't have to tell anyone how difficult this toon is to kill. He alone is now a marathon. He ensures no ewok gets killed, and if they do, that is what EE is for.

2) ST Han - in the protection era he is a great fit on offense. He adds to the turn meter nightmare the ewok have become, now that he is guaranteed at least 1 taunt.

3) Magmatrooper - he has become the anti Darth Sidious. Once Sid uses his AOE, Magma will be next. Ewoks then take over from that moment on!

5) Old Ben - hear me out, at 78 teebos special at level 8 has 30% chance to stealth ALL EWOKS. Just imagine. ...3 turns where the opponent has no choice but to target Ben. You could also usr Dooku/Savage/5s etc.

interesting, I didn't think of the old ben with teebo nor magma, I don't have either geared up though lol

rg is my fav so far , daka is good as well, still need some gear to test out han though.

I tried switching out scout today and put dooku to lead but dmg is lacking now, see how that works on def still not pushed out of top ten heh

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016

+1 to thread

5) Old Ben - hear me out, at 78 teebos special at level 8 has 30% chance to stealth ALL EWOKS. Just imagine. ...3 turns where the opponent has no choice but to target Ben. You could also usr Dooku/Savage/5s etc.

interesting, I didn't think of the old ben with teebo nor magma, I don't have either geared up though lol

rg is my fav so far , daka is good as well, still need some gear to test out han though.

I tried switching out scout today and put dooku to lead but dmg is lacking now, see how that works on def still not pushed out of top ten heh

I use magma regularly now in gw, he gets me through the phasma/sid nodes. And with ewoks there is a 90% chance his AOE will be done cool down by next match.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator

+1 to thread

Who have you been testing?
  • Thanks for sharing! This gives me hope for my Fives. Have had him sitting at 7* since about December and he'd been borderline useless at high PVP ranks all that time.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Thanks for sharing! This gives me hope for my Fives. Have had him sitting at 7* since about December and he'd been borderline useless at high PVP ranks all that time.

5s is a monster now
  • Krak
    68 posts Member

+1 to thread

mostly rg and daka , and was gearing up han to test next
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016

+1 to thread

mostly rg and daka , and was gearing up han to test next

Han will be ideal once at gear 10
  • @RJ__Brando Lol that was hilarious... thanks for sharing with the community! I have other fun squads I'd like to field; just need a few more days to finish leveling and starring the final toons. Hope to see more of your ewok adventures!
  • I am running Daka and Elder together.

I can imagine someone's frustration in watching 4 ewoks bum rush them early. Then they knock out half your squad, and EE and Daka bring everyone back.

I had an arena match today. I was down to 3 vs 5. Daka and EE popped my missing 2 back and then crushed the other team.
  • Clones for win...Ewoks FTW!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    @RJ__Brando Lol that was hilarious... thanks for sharing with the community! I have other fun squads I'd like to field; just need a few more days to finish leveling and starring the final toons. Hope to see more of your ewok adventures!

Honestly, I love fighting your clones. I have to THINK! Every move is crucial!!! Thank you for investing in a unique squad
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Error_404 wrote: »
    I am running Daka and Elder together.

I can imagine someone's frustration in watching 4 ewoks bum rush them early. Then they knock out half your squad, and EE and Daka bring everyone back.

I had an arena match today. I was down to 3 vs 5. Daka and EE popped my missing 2 back and then crushed the other team.

This is the ultimate troll squad now with protection
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Oobydoob wrote: »
    Clones for win...Ewoks FTW!

If they release a 4th clone. ..they will be unstoppable! @JherenKharr
  • I want Commander Cody!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    I want Commander Cody!

Lol I'm scared that you'll get him. ...
    I want logray :( such a tease he's now the DS boss
  • Great thread @RJ__Brando! I'm chasing time here trying to farm the stun guns to stay relevant!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    Great thread @RJ__Brando! I'm chasing time here trying to farm the stun guns to stay relevant!

I'm glad I farmed those walkie talkies before update...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    From the opposite perspective,

https://youtu.be/nPJ6o7wRdaA
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Aero wrote: »

This is great! Thank you for sharing. Too bad their scout was under prepared. ...and rg would have helped
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Aero wrote: »

Ventress is the anti ewok these days