Is anyone else bothered by...

2Next

Replies

• It bothers me everyday
  • Nope.. This game is young and this gives them something to release later.

Take for instance another (very successful) EA F2P\P2P phone\tablet game, "The Simpsons : Tapped Out". It was released about 4 years ago and they just got Maggie a couple of weeks ago.

They have lot's of content to farm yet, we'll see it someday, in the meantime we have lots of toons to grind and grow.
  • Yes. I agree. I've always been thinking this.

Look at 2 of the most useful (prequel era) Jedi in the game. Barriss and Luminara. Barriss actually falls to the darkside but she was the best healer in the game until the nerf AND she was Luminara's apprentice. Why Luminara is such a powerful attacker, I'll never know.. if you know anything about the character's bio.

Why are so many non-unique characters such powerful hitters? Like Jawas and pilots.

I have no idea who Daka is but she is also waaaay too powerful for a throw away night sister from 1 epsiode. Mother Talzin would have been more appropriate.

Why did they opt for farmer Luke and stormtrooper Han over any other versions of those characters? Weird.

In some Light-side or Cantina battles: how a team of well leveled Jedi can be annihilated by a group of stormtroopers spamming AOE attacks is just nonsense.

The game balance is all over the place when it comes being true to the characters.
  • Robobob wrote: »
    Yes. I agree. I've always been thinking this.

Look at 2 of the most useful (prequel era) Jedi in the game. Barriss and Luminara. Barriss actually falls to the darkside but she was the best healer in the game until the nerf AND she was Luminara's apprentice. Why Luminara is such a powerful attacker, I'll never know.. if you know anything about the character's bio.

Why are so many non-unique characters such powerful hitters? Like Jawas and pilots.

I have no idea who Daka is but she is also waaaay too powerful for a throw away night sister from 1 epsiode. Mother Talzin would have been more appropriate.

Why did they opt for farmer Luke and stormtrooper Han over any other versions of those characters? Weird.

In some Light-side or Cantina battles: how a team of well leveled Jedi can be annihilated by a group of stormtroopers spamming AOE attacks is just nonsense.

The game balance is all over the place when it comes being true to the characters.

If the game was balanced around 'Lore' half of the toons would've been useless and Sidious would've been the strongest toon by far.
  • Thank you, RainHeart, for re-affirming my faith in humanity. Still hugely bothers me. So much so it's starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game. I like to play my favorite characters (not all A listers... Always had a soft spot for the Phlutdroid) but as you progress you constantly come up against the same characters who are just played because they have better stats. Virtually every PVP team is the same now - it's power gaming gone mad. It's becoming a dull game.

With regards to missing characters, please see my post, and let me know your thoughts.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Rainheart wrote: »
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    It bother me when everyone use the same cookie cutter build. Just hope EA buff some of the underpowered characters in the future.

Although not underpowered, Boba should get a slight buff with his attacking/physical damage, to reflect his canon characteristics. I also think he should be the character with the highest revival %.. not saying they should increase his, but he should be the top dog in that category as he is one of the most iconic characters in the franchise, and other not-so-iconic characters should be over him there (maybe slighty decrease the other characters' %? maybe increase Boba's? idk). It wouldn't make him OP at all, because as it's been pointed out before, his speed is his weakness.

I don't think he should get a buff. He has an AOE control ability with high chance to proc.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Plenty of Clone Wars characters though. I guess they go well with the visual style of the game.

Oh, and I only really wanted to chime in on Mace. Make him or Plo Koon a Sith killer. Both would work well with this canon wise, and they're both very underwhelming for such big name characters.
  • No love for Jar Jar?

That would be fan4stic!
  • why isnt ewok scout a boss?
  • Jek Porkins should be in the game
  • Thanks for all the feedback people! Hopefully in the next few updates they will do something about these and other issues. (Still pushing to see if they change Boba's basic attack with him shooting his blaster xD they could call it "Boba Blast" lol)
  • Continuing with my last reply, other than Boba's issues with the blaster, I also think they should add another special attack to several characters who've been known to use 'em in the movies.. like with Sid using force lightning, Vader using force choke, or Boba using flamethrowers and maybe calling it "Desintegration" (which would probably upset Vader lol) just to stay true to the movies. Any thoughts?
  • Any thoughts?
  • Force choke is a gaping whole... It's the first use of force we see from Vader. What about deflect blaster? Not just Vader, but all Jedi? Boba has so much weaponry to choose from... His rope shooter could entangle... equivalent of stun for a round. IG88 should also have his flamethrower. Lando could tap his wristwatch for an assist. Qui Gon possibly to have mind trick as well?
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    If the game was balanced around 'Lore' half of the toons would've been useless and Sidious would've been the strongest toon by far.

True. But, instead of making a TIE pilot so powerful, let us be able to add multiple TIE pilots to a team instead of one, and then they can get crazy synergies with each other that would get powerful the more (of that type) you add to a team. Instead of a glass cannon that can one-shot any character in your team, maybe a Team of TIE pilots would give increasing dodge bonuses to each other or the team. Like the Jawa's special ability increases the more Jawas on the team, but how many Jawa characters are their available to recruit at the moment? Two? We should be able to farm and add multiple characters of the same non-unique hero to our squad. Then we could build a true clone trooper squad, tusken raider squad, etc.

Of course, these common non-unique characters would have to be redesigned from scratch because multiple version would not be feasible at their current power level.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Boba Fett died because somebody accidentally conected his jet pack and crashed against a ship, cartoon style. He's a comic relief, only slightly more serious than Jar Jar Binks or the Ewoks.
  • When ships are released it would be a crime if this guy is not offered.
    2drv3p3.jpg
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Boba Fett died because somebody accidentally conected his jet pack and crashed against a ship, cartoon style. He's a comic relief, only slightly more serious than Jar Jar Binks or the Ewoks.

Boba Fett escaped. Not referencing EU stuff, but officially made canon by Disney and Lucasfilms in the Star Wars-themed event that has been going on for over a month at Disney parks, where they include the Sarlacc in a museum-like area, with a description that mentions that Boba Fett is the only known survivor of the Sarlacc. Comparing him to Jar Jar and the ewoks is just plain ignorant.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Yoda and Mace Windu need to have anti-Sith mechanics. Its the only way to bring balance to the force. Search your feelings EA, you will know it to be true.

I would agree if either of them had it in them to take out a sith lord lol (i.e. Sidious whooped up on both of them and they were the supposed to be the most powerful jedi ever at the time)

Poor Jedi...........
    if you only knew the power of the darkside
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    When ships are released it would be a crime if this guy is not offered.
    2drv3p3.jpg

Forget waiting for ships, I'd spend my kids college savings to see that guy planting himself in my squad throwing a few shots into Vader.
  • One thing Boba Fett didn't escape... George Lucas' inability to write a worthy death scene for a cool villain.
    see Darth Maul for another example: fights like a bada$$ for 5 minutes, killing a Jedi Master. Sits and watches while a padawan cuts him in half.
  • I think they could have toned down Boba's leader skill and gave him a Stun or something. He had alot of utility in the movies.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    When ships are released it would be a crime if this guy is not offered.
    2drv3p3.jpg

I'm sure he says "Stay on target...stay on target..." every time he approaches the buffet. :smirk:
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Force choke is a gaping whole... It's the first use of force we see from Vader. What about deflect blaster? Not just Vader, but all Jedi? Boba has so much weaponry to choose from... His rope shooter could entangle
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    I think they could have toned down Boba's leader skill and gave him a Stun or something. He had alot of utility in the movies.

I agree. I think they missed a couple of nice opportunities. I added in another thread that other than changing his basic attack to him shooting his blaster, that he should have a third special target attack (much like Kylo's) that deals special damage, maybe using his current rocket shot animation, or maybe using his flamethrower (maybe call it "Disintegration"?), demonstrating Boba's craftiness and weapon arsenal, as he would be using 3 weapons instead of just a wrist rocket (which unrealistically seems to have a lot of ammo for a wrist rocket - one of the reasons I think he should be using his blaster: realistic weapon system).
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    ...the fact that some iconic characters in the franchise are kindda weak or inferior to other not so iconic characters? I know some might consider it silly, but that's just my opinion. I started this week, but I've noticed characters like Boba Fett aren't getting the "respect" they deserve, imo (the fact that Boba doesn't use his blaster is confusing to me beyond compare). Speaking of Boba, shouldn't the "galaxy's greatest bounty hunter" get some offensive stats increase? Afterall, he is probably the craftiest character in the franchise when it comes to weapons and such, so shouldn't his stats reflect that? The blaster thing bothers me so much...

I'm not really bothered by it. EA and everyone else has already made enough money to keep this going for a long time. Updates will drop that will make some happy and **** others off. This game ain't going nowhere!
  • SolidSnake wrote: »
    Don't forget slave Leia, never

Watch out for the wacky feminists :D.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Loce wrote: »
    ...the fact that some iconic characters in the franchise are kindda weak or inferior to other not so iconic characters? I know some might consider it silly, but that's just my opinion. I started this week, but I've noticed characters like Boba Fett aren't getting the "respect" they deserve, imo (the fact that Boba doesn't use his blaster is confusing to me beyond compare). Speaking of Boba, shouldn't the "galaxy's greatest bounty hunter" get some offensive stats increase? Afterall, he is probably the craftiest character in the franchise when it comes to weapons and such, so shouldn't his stats reflect that? The blaster thing bothers me so much...

I'm not really bothered by it. EA and everyone else has already made enough money to keep this going for a long time. Updates will drop that will make some happy and **** others off. This game ain't going nowhere!

I get it, my problem is with no-name characters being far superior and used more over some of the more iconic characters. For example, who would've thought that a geo soldier or a simple FOTP would be way more powerful and useful than Mace Windu (one of the greatest and most respected jedi ever)? In a realistic world (or galaxy - hehe) Mace would own them in a couple of seconds. And it's not just Mace, it's with a lot of characters.