The new 50 piece of unobtainable gear

DarthBalls
518 posts Member
edited April 2016
I'm sure I missed it... But was there ever an official reason as to why... The majority of players can't move their characters to gear level 9? Why was this gear put here? I'm contending with these whale precrafters with gear 9 RG/QGJ ect... It's frustrating. What good reason could the devs have? Just curious.
Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Well anyone could've crafted these. QGJ in particular didn't even require any purples at the time. I was just too lazy to do it as I didn't really think it would change with existing things.

But no, there was no real reason why they're rolling things out so slowly.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Was there even an explanation? 1. Why make new gear. 2. Why make new gear that is unobtainable. What purpose is that?
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @DarthBalls 1. The gear changes are related to the speed/damage/health balancing changes (I think...). 2. The currently unobtainable gear is going to be obtainable soon via raids and guild-related events.

It is hugely frustrating that there is a gap between those who precrafted and those who didn't. I think it could have been handled better, but there's not much point in complaining. It's just one of those things... Anyway, guilds are coming by the end of the month. You should be psyched :)
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    This is a BIG issue and a BIG mistake in planning.
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Sorry. Really not trying to make this a complaint thread... It just seems ****. Lol.
  • I have RG at gear 9 without pre-crafting.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    I have RG at gear 9 without pre-crafting.

So how exactly did you craft the droid callers?
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    As people are now getting to higher levels this is becoming a much bigger issue. Something needs to be done about this ASAP.

Has there been any comments on this from any of the Devs besides the initial notes on it? The gap between the pre crafters and the non pre crafters is just going to keep growing.....
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    OP there was never an official reasons as to why. Everything else is speculation. My guess is to slow the players down.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Sorry. Really not trying to make this a complaint thread... It just seems ****. Lol.

I agree. It was short sighted on the devs part. It makes no sense
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maybe it was a catering to the big spenders... But man... With this new update... There is a huge difference in power between characters with gear 8 and gear 9. And I can't make up the ground.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    @DarthBalls 1. The gear changes are related to the speed/damage/health balancing changes (I think...). 2. The currently unobtainable gear is going to be obtainable soon via raids and guild-related events.

It is hugely frustrating that there is a gap between those who precrafted and those who didn't. I think it could have been handled better, but there's not much point in complaining. It's just one of those things... Anyway, guilds are coming by the end of the month. You should be psyched :)

So if someone doesn't join a guild they can never progress to level IX?

What crap.

I didn't realize Lumi's last slot had that mystery gear under the purple dryers and was getting ready to put it on her.

Nope.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @LeoRavus Start a one person guild.
  • WildGrunt wrote: »
    I have RG at gear 9 without pre-crafting.

So how exactly did you craft the droid callers?

To be honest I don't have a clue, I think I might have had them crafted without even being aware of it, I mean non intentionally.
    I just realized I had everything needed to get gear 9 a few days ago so I thought he was one of the few toons that could get gear 9 without pre-crafting.