Continue to up DAKA or Start to get BOBA?

Feng
161 posts Member
Hello everyone, I've a heart burning issue with me and I will like to consult the forum's member on how u will deal with this issue.

My current Main team , (my areana / GW team) consist of the following,

5* SIDIOUS GEAR 6 5/6
5* LUMINARA GEAR 6 5/6
4* JC GEAR 7 5/6
5* CHEWWIE GEAR 6 0/6
3* TAHLIA GEAR 6 0/6

As for my JC, SIDIOUS and LUMINARA, they are ready to upgrade to next level gear once they had reached the requirement level. I'm currently at lvl 51.

I'm 75/80 shards for DAKA (all from cantina) and will get it by tonight. I will definitely level her up and invest all the gears in her so that she can replay my TAHLIA.

My concern is, should I continue to farm DAKA shards to promote her or should I go and get BOBA instead? The reason why I'm having this dilemma is because CHEWWIE isn't really helping much, all he can do is taunt and tank for just 1 turn. Whereas I've seen people mentioning in other threads that BOBA are actually contributing not only as a tank but also a damage dealer!

I will like to hear your opinions! Thank you and have a nice Xmas! :)

Replies

• There's something in the air. I think this is the fourth post about this today. You should use the search function. I know it's hard to say that without seeming rude, but I'm just trying to help. There's some good info on the other posts. Thanks
  • Here's a summary of some of the opinions I've seen. Daka is useful for GW and campaign, but gets focused down first in PVP.

Most people say Boba is just good, not great.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    Here's a summary of some of the opinions I've seen. Daka is useful for GW and campaign, but gets focused down first in PVP.

"Gets focused down first in PVP"

That's a huge plus for her IMHO.

Imagine a team of

Sidious
    Maul
    IG-88
    FO Tie Pilot
    Daka
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Toolio wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Here's a summary of some of the opinions I've seen. Daka is useful for GW and campaign, but gets focused down first in PVP.

Imagine a team of

Sidious
    Maul
    IG-88
    FO Tie Pilot
    Daka

Hmmm I Guess I'll go with farming more DAKA shards then!
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm in a very similar position (have almost same team, but lower stars). With similar toons. I'm sticking with Daka shards right now. How it ends up....I'll let ya know, if ya want lol
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Loce wrote: »
    I'm in a very similar position (have almost same team, but lower stars). With similar toons. I'm sticking with Daka shards right now. How it ends up....I'll let ya know, if ya want lol

Hey buddy! Haha are you a F2P player? How long have Chu started! It feels kinda nice to have someone similar haha!
  • After Daka, have you considered Poe?

he's a nice tank and he should compliment Daka and your Talia. if you decide to go after Ashoka, she would be a nice addition to your Nightsister team as well. Daka, Ashoka, and Poe are all available via Cantina points.

I worked on Boba Fett, and he's quite good with Chewy or Stormtrooper Han. He's also good with Lando and Leia. Unfortunately, Lando and Leia are difficult to get unless you buy chromium packs. Fett would also work well with Daka, but that's in respect to revive and I wouldn't put too much faith on it triggering during an important fight.

• Feng
    161 posts Member
    After Daka, have you considered Poe?

he's a nice tank and he should compliment Daka and your Talia. if you decide to go after Ashoka, she would be a nice addition to your Nightsister team as well. Daka, Ashoka, and Poe are all available via Cantina points.

I worked on Boba Fett, and he's quite good with Chewy or Stormtrooper Han. He's also good with Lando and Leia. Unfortunately, Lando and Leia are difficult to get unless you buy chromium packs. Fett would also work well with Daka, but that's in respect to revive and I wouldn't put too much faith on it triggering during an important fight.

yes, i've considered Poe, however, I thought of some negative pointers on him. His taunt last for 2 turns, and this could be devastating for him as I'm quite doubtful that he can survive all the hits from the opponent team, especially if the opponent has a sidious, I risk the chance of not healing him with my LUMINARA, JC or DAKA.

As for Ashoka, I've gotten a 2* of her from Bronze pack but i've never thought of adding her to my team. I feel that she is too paper and not suitable in my team.

The main core of my team will definitely be JC, SIDIOUS and LUMINARA.

I guess I will switch TALIA out for DAKA. As for Chewwie, I'm still unsure of what other Tank characters that are able to tank as well as him yet deal decent damage.

Also, i'm a fully F2P player so i guess what ever i do will takes time, haha but its alright! Patience :)
  • Feng wrote: »
    yes, i've considered Poe, however, I thought of some negative pointers on him. His taunt last for 2 turns, and this could be devastating for him as I'm quite doubtful that he can survive all the hits from the opponent team, especially if the opponent has a sidious, I risk the chance of not healing him with my LUMINARA, JC or DAKA.

That can happen, but Poe resists a lot of debuffs too (high tenacity) and each resists self-heals him for 5%. Sid usually only fires his AOE first (1 or 2 debuffs to resist right there). Meanwhile, Poe exposed 1-4 targets (I have yet to get 5/5 with it). Sure, he can/will die with the heal immunity if he doesn't resist it, but then think of it as a Sidious heal :p I usually have killed 1 or 2 units by that point. Teams w/o 7* units all over, of course.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Feng wrote: »

That can happen, but Poe resists a lot of debuffs too (high tenacity) and each resists self-heals him for 5%. Sid usually only fires his AOE first (1 or 2 debuffs to resist right there). Meanwhile, Poe exposed 1-4 targets (I have yet to get 5/5 with it). Sure, he can/will die with the heal immunity if he doesn't resist it, but then think of it as a Sidious heal :p I usually have killed 1 or 2 units by that point. Teams w/o 7* units all over, of course.
    i see... how many stars is your POE ??? and what gear is it? if it is as what u said, i may just go for POE after getting DAKA to replace chewwie
  • I started on Fett, then half-way switched to Daka, finished her (just the summon) and about to summon Fett now... maybe starring up Poe will be the next step, i'm all over the place...
  • Toolio wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »

Imagine a team of

Sidious
    Maul
    IG-88
    FO Tie Pilot
    Daka

That team has to many squishes to be effective. You would literally get face melted. If you faced any team with multiple AOE characters..and most all do ..you would find yourself left with Sid. Everytime. I know because Ive tried a similar build with all but the Tie Pilot 7*. And I had him at 5* and he still died the first time my opponent sneezed.
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    I started on Fett, then half-way switched to Daka, finished her (just the summon) and about to summon Fett now... maybe starring up Poe will be the next step, i'm all over the place...

This is not a bad thing. While I think the most efficient way is concentrating on one toon at a time..the way you're doing it is not that bad either. By unlocking so many it will allow you to test different builds before you invest.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    CptKloss wrote: »
    I started on Fett, then half-way switched to Daka, finished her (just the summon) and about to summon Fett now... maybe starring up Poe will be the next step, i'm all over the place...

This is not a bad thing. While I think the most efficient way is concentrating on one toon at a time..the way you're doing it is not that bad either. By unlocking so many it will allow you to test different builds before you invest.

I see I see... I Guess I'll see if DAKA is a valuable add to my team , I Guess it will definitely be more useful then my TAHLIA (oh my )
  • I love daka personally boba has never really shined for me other than the leadership bonus. Daka isn't about her healing so if that's all you want in her you might as well pass.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Darkness wrote: »
    I love daka personally boba has never really shined for me other than the leadership bonus. Daka isn't about her healing so if that's all you want in her you might as well pass.

Hey buddy, care to elaborate more on 'Daka isn't about her healing so if that's all you want in her you might as well pass.' ????

You mean DAKA's Attack and stuns are pretty good?
  • it's all in the stun....(and occasional rez is nice too!)
  • Feng wrote: »
    I love daka personally boba has never really shined for me other than the leadership bonus. Daka isn't about her healing so if that's all you want in her you might as well pass.

Hey buddy, care to elaborate more on 'Daka isn't about her healing so if that's all you want in her you might as well pass.' ????

Her stuns and possible resurrections are often game changers. Of course her heal isn't the greatest that's why I say don't bother if you are looking for great heals.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Feng wrote: »

Her stuns and possible resurrections are often game changers. Of course her heal isn't the greatest that's why I say don't bother if you are looking for great heals.

Hmmm I see... I'll be glad to have her on my team! I'm gonna try her tonight (once I get her) and let y'all know my opinion of her!
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    You haven't finish your Old daka how you know you going to like her?

Just finish Old Daka first then farm Boba. You shouldn't raise their stars unless you have confident that they are your Rooster team. Especially Cantina is hard to get those shard shipments.

I'm lv54 and i still use my chew(very useful in GW/Arena.. actually he is my main tank. His taunt actually help me atleast buy some time for my healer to recover their heal.

• Feng
    161 posts Member
    Song wrote: »
    You haven't finish your Old daka how you know you going to like her?

Just finish Old Daka first then farm Boba. You shouldn't raise their stars unless you have confident that they are your Rooster team. Especially Cantina is hard to get those shard shipments.

I'm lv54 and i still use my chew(very useful in GW/Arena.. actually he is my main tank. His taunt actually help me atleast buy some time for my healer to recover their heal.

Hmm I see alright thanks for your input!

I've the same strat as you now, using CHEWWIE as the tank and healing It up with my healers. However this is easily countered by SIDIOUS, if the opponent has one.
  • Get fives. Incredible Hp. Annoying slow with counterattack, great speed with assist skill. Better than Boba for sure
  • i think you wasted time with Chewy. Now that get is 6 I'd focus on Consular Cantina. You want to avoid having any one glass shot, so your only healer doen't need to heal-waste on one character. I'd also try to get Lumi to heal ability 6. You are in kind if a difficult to balance situation. Unlock Daka for hard side, and still have a bad heal, weak attack (for maybe a month), and access stun.

Your mist important decision is if tonreplace Chewy or not during next 3 weeks. I'd keep it. But your line up doesn't have anyone dealing good damage except Sid and Lumi.

If you remive Chewy, and add anither glass right now, you'll suffer more. 5555 is great, but it may take a minth to be usable to you.

What high damager nit glass tank is easiest to farm?
  • IMO Boba isn't very good other than his revive ability
  • After unlocking daka, you can pretty much do whatever you like. Having daka unlocked before hitting the darkside road blocks is critical. With that said, boba is extremly niche, and poe is leaning on op. Poe will also fit into any team.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    After unlocking daka, you can pretty much do whatever you like. Having daka unlocked before hitting the darkside road blocks is critical. With that said, boba is extremly niche, and poe is leaning on op. Poe will also fit into any team.

Do you recommend a 7* Daka?
  • This is a great question and one I have been wrestling with.

I'm a new player, currently my best characters are:

Barriss 4*
    Chewie 3*
    Jawa 3*
    Talia 3*
    Poe 3*

My current strategy is try to shard up Chewie and Talia, while getting Sidious from squad shipments. Also trying to save shards for Lumi and Dooku.

I have enough cantina points to buy 2 five-shard packs. Wondering who to go for:

1) Boba - coolness factor - how do I resist?

2) Daka - useful core team member for Dark Side?

3) Poe - I already have him 3* - do I further him before trying to get the others?

4) 5555 - I hear he's really good too.

Decisions!!
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    After unlocking daka, you can pretty much do whatever you like. Having daka unlocked before hitting the darkside road blocks is critical. With that said, boba is extremly niche, and poe is leaning on op. Poe will also fit into any team.

Do you recommend a 7* Daka?

Whats your plans for her? Outside of needing her for darkside missions she can be strong with the right team. As an example, with Old Daka on a team with a Captain Phasma leader, it is possible that she stuns half of the enemy team each round. Load in a taunter like poe who has a proc on his basic attack, a heal blocker on bacis attack, like sid, and you start to have strategic synergy.
    Her healing and damage is sub-par to Luminara however, but the occasional revive is nice. I have not gone to 7* with mine, but after FOO and Poe, I will be using all shipments on Old Daka (unless they release a better option before then).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    After erring a bit on Chewy very early on, I focused on Daka. I have many many 4* and I can't use any in GW or Arena (except Dooku). but since I had her at 5 I chose tobget her to 7* before using any ither shipment. Any shipments is slow, and prefer a 7* Daka and not to replace her until I have a 7* 5555 or Poe.

You should see Daka as an ultimate defender when you are attacking. She is bad at defense due to low health and may be a bit better in 3 healer teama in Arena. The stun makes enemy teams have to constantly improvise as random characters, sometimes 2 lose their turns. She is the most prolific stunner, as Dooku only stuns in regular atttack on Jedi's. Daka stuns anyone she likes. Her revives add some uncertainty, she can revive and revive ithers. In heavy healer teams, the entire team may be back and at decent health every now and then.

My team uses Daka and Dooku, and I have many choices for those hard teams that are heavy debuffers, blockers and high potency. If they have taunters, I will hold taunter one turn, and kill any big threat I know will fall with 8 attacks (5 x2 minus the two stuns to maximize stun...if one fails I have another.

In Galactic War she conserves yiu team energy. She appears to stun 50% of chances. So when facing last two enemies, many times counter-attackers, one srun will save your tram 10k damage (eg. 5 counters) or more if it has doubles like Dooku. Great to ensure your A-team is at max health on turn 1 (a key).

Once you have her a while, you learn exactly who tonstun and when, and you get to watch turn meters closely, and to learn enemy cooldowns. Once you know that, you can disrupt their attack combis, save teammates (buy time), freeze the healer that is not cooling down, block the counter for a round of AoEs. I think stun may be better than Specials like Phasma, that are kill fast or face enemy turnaround.
    Post edited by Preemo_Magin on
  • Yeah my daka is a keystone thanks to her res and stun ability, the heals are adequte enough. I have a 6* lvl60 daka, keeps me at #1 when it counts