J.J. Abrams on Rey's parents

2Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    After all these years I'm amazed anyone still believes JJ when he says stuff like this. This guy is known for two things: misdirection and making people think a character is actually dead then bringing them back.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    After all these years I'm amazed anyone still believes JJ when he says stuff like this. This guy is known for two things: misdirection and making people think a character is actually dead then bringing them back.

+1 this.
  • Sorry, I don't buy it. If Luke isn't Rey's father, then why does the lightsaber call to her? Why is Lor San Tekka, who is closely connected to Luke, so near to Rey? Why is the Millennium Falcon in the same place as Rey? And what about Maz Kanata's chest? Why, after completing the map, is Rey sent to Luke, as opposed to Leia going at least along with her?

You could point out just as many ridiculous coincidences in J.J.'s Star Trek, as well as the original Star Wars. Doesn't necessarily point to Rey's lineage, just plot convenience/lazy writing.
  • In one of the drafts of The Force Awakens Rey's name was Kira Skywalker.

I imagine that is probably her real name and Rey is an alias.

She actually gets her name 'Rey' from the Rebel Pilot helmet she wears. It belonged to someone called Dosmit Raeh.

This was likely adopted as she didn't know what her real name was.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Rey is a dude
  • dvl009 wrote: »
    Rey is a dude

Yeah, the similarities between her and Resistance Pilot are too striking to be denied.
    1. they are both in SWGoH
    2. they are both quite muscular
    3. they both wear pilot gear
    4. Rey magically knows how to fly the Falcon
    Undeniable proof is undeniable. :trollface:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    dvl009 wrote: »
    Rey is a dude

Yeah, the similarities between her and Resistance Pilot are too striking to be denied.
    1. they are both in SWGoH
    2. they are both quite muscular
    3. they both wear pilot gear
    4. Rey magically knows how to fly the Falcon
    Undeniable proof is undeniable. :trollface:

they both get foresight in swgoh waaaaww plot twist