Chewbacca, Ig100 bugs

Hi, first of all, great job for making this fun game, EA.
I'm having a great time with it.

That said, I hope you will continue to make it even better.

The following is a list of things I found that aren't working properly

1 Chewbacca's bowcaster damage

2 IG 100's Disruption damage

To verify my suspicion, I put Chewbacca, Ig100 and jawa in the same battle firing on the same enemy and compared their damage outputs. This is what I found

My 4* Chewbacca's physical damage is 821, special damage 644

My 3* jawa has 679 for physical damage and 870 for special damage

My 4* IG 100 has 707 and 1119 respectively

So when they hit on the same target ( no buff or debuff) the damages are

Chewbacca's bowcaster is about 674 no cri
Jawa's normal is about 1300 no cri
Ig100's normal is abou 800 no cri

Normal attack damage is calculated based on physical damage stat, so clearly you can see something is wrong with with Chewbacca's damage number and maybe Jawa's as well

Based on their stats, Chewbacca's supposed to hit harder than jawa, but his regular damage is consistent with his special damage number which is 644, So I think that's where the bug is, messing up physical and special damage.

Similarly Ig 100's disruption does special damage to enemies but the result is off

Again hitting the same target, Jawa's special hits 800 no cri and 1100 with cri

Ig100's special hits 650 no cri and 950 with cri

So iG100's special skill damage is somehow consistent with his physical damage stat.

To conclude,
1 Chewbacca's bowcaster damage is calculated based on his special damage. A bug.

2 IG 100's disruption damage is calculated based on his physical damage. A bug.

3 Jawa's normal damage is about twice as much as what it's supposed to be. A bug, but don't fix this one please, I like jawa.

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Short answer: chewbacca is a tank and they deal no dmg. Jawa and ig88 are attackers or support if I remember correctly. They will always deal more dmg. Every character has his own role so to say. Doesn't mean that I think his dmg is low for a tank but I guess it's intended.

Now regarding the dmg calculation (physical/special), there were other toons with that problem. You might be right on that so hope someone can confirm this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Hi, first of all, great job for making this fun game, EA.

To verify my suspicion, I put Chewbacca, Ig100 and jawa in the same battle firing on the same enemy and compared their damage outputs. This is what I found

Normal attack damage is calculated based on physical damage stat, so clearly you can see something is wrong with with Chewbacca's damage number and maybe Jawa's as well

Based on their stats, Chewbacca's supposed to hit harder than jawa, but his regular damage is consistent with his special damage number which is 644, So I think that's where the bug is, messing up physical and special damage.

Similarly Ig 100's disruption does special damage to enemies but the result is off

So iG100's special skill damage is somehow consistent with his physical damage stat.

To conclude,
    1 Chewbacca's bowcaster damage is calculated based on his special damage. A bug.

3 Jawa's normal damage is about twice as much as what it's supposed to be. A bug, but don't fix this one please, I like jawa.

You could be on to something. Did you factor armor penetration and stuff in too? Check the bugs forum, there is another post specifically about chewbaccas damage and numbers, where a dev has responded.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda

• CronozNL wrote: »
    Short answer: chewbacca is a tank and they deal no dmg. Jawa and ig88 are attackers or support if I remember correctly. They will always deal more dmg. Every character has his own role so to say. Doesn't mean that I think his dmg is low for a tank but I guess it's intended.

Now regarding the dmg calculation (physical/special), there were other toons with that problem. You might be right on that so hope someone can confirm this.

If you compare the heroes' damage output in a battle with their respective physical and special damage stat, you will find that most of them are fairly consistent. That's why I suspect the above mentioned characters have bugs instead of just a reflection of their characteristics.

You mentioned that Chewbacca's is a tank which might explain his low damage output. I suggest you look at other tanks in the game such as, the royal guard, fives, you will see that their damage output is very close to what their stats say in the data sheet. Chewbacca seems to be the only exception in that regard.

• Pilot wrote: »
    Hi, first of all, great job for making this fun game, EA.

To conclude,

You could be on to something. Did you factor armor penetration and stuff in too? Check the bugs forum, there is another post specifically about chewbaccas damage and numbers, where a dev has responded.

Yes, I did consider armor penetration among other factors. The reason I didn't mention them is because their stats are very similar so they couldn't be the reason.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @ Metschina123
    Haven't made that comparisson yet except with Mace Windu. You guys might be on to something tho, even if it's sort of intended it's quite low. What rank/level/gear we talking about? Cause a big question for me still remains about the scaling once we get past lvl 60.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting