Read the app reviews! = Terrible update

Can't stand this update with the protection parameters the way they are on galactic war. Protection should reset for everyone at the beginning of each battle if it's going to be a thing in this game. I honestly feel it's pointless because it just adds more time to battles. Loved this game till today. Loved it. I understand the need to expand and increase difficulty but you have die hard fans playing since this app came out, some spending hard earned real $ on crystals for data packs and leveling their players up to 70+ only to get beat by level 63s because you have to basically hit each character 1-3 times before starting to take health away meanwhile you're stuck with 0 protection left. Keep it fair, reset the protection meter on a consistent basis. Or better yet, don't try to fix what isn't broken! The game was great the way it was!!!! The app reviews on android and apple should be enough in the past day to show you you've made a horrible mistake.

Replies

• gbshow
    89 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hate this game
    Post edited by attrimap on
  • Options
    Posts here are being deleted very rapidly. But the App Store, which has some ethics, can't be tampered with.

I think the fortitude was an honest mistake, in that it was too strong. We had asked 15% to 25% to ensure chars can at least attack once. To tame speed huge advantage a bit. To stop nerfing chars (like Phasma, now her 3rd nerf in a row).

I an sure CHbwill relea de a NEW update in a week or two. They need to wipe these ratings. But can they do it without doing what users want?

They need to shut down the "monetization experts", close the "community management" and onboard people that can listen and understand what is wrong.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Preemo_Magin Phasma is an absolute monster now, so i have no idea wth you are talking about. She also has huge hp and fortitude and can cast Advantage on herself with the basic. :neutral:
  • Options
    You all should also remember that negative ppl are always the loudest and that ppl happy with the changed propably just play the game and dont waste their time rating. And also that ppl are mostly not able to rate anything constructively( like 5*, not 0*) so ppl who understand this and do things right give no value to such things. Its common knowledge that 95% of ppl are on lvl with most animals and even below ;)
  • Options
    You all should also remember that negative ppl are always the loudest and that ppl happy with the changed propably just play the game and dont waste their time rating. And also that ppl are mostly not able to rate anything constructively( like 5*, not 0*) so ppl who understand this and do things right give no value to such things. Its common knowledge that 95% of ppl are on lvl with most animals and even below ;)

Somewhat agree. But by the same logic it was probably those few loud voices that lead the developers to this dog of an upgrade. I hope it can be fixed but I think the devs have swung the pendulum too far in the wrong direction.

I find battles to be tedious instead of the short, sharp fun that they used to be.

I feel like the developers missed a chance to get creative with a solution to the speed meta. Maybe a debuff leader ability the reduces enemy speed, a new character or a rework of an existing one as a counter. Increasing the number of characters we can farm to increase diversity, or improve synchronisation with existing characters. Instead they went the nerf everything approach.
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    Options
    It's a chore. Not worth playing.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Posts here are being deleted very rapidly. But the App Store, which has some ethics, can't be tampered with.

I think the fortitude was an honest mistake, in that it was too strong. We had asked 15% to 25% to ensure chars can at least attack once. To tame speed huge advantage a bit. To stop nerfing chars (like Phasma, now her 3rd nerf in a row).

I an sure CHbwill relea de a NEW update in a week or two. They need to wipe these ratings. But can they do it without doing what users want?

They need to shut down the "monetization experts", close the "community management" and onboard people that can listen and understand what is wrong.

@Preemo_Magin wait, I thought you left during the last major update? You were trying to gift your account to someone. We missed you!!!!
  • Options
    matt1984 wrote: »

Somewhat agree. But by the same logic it was probably those few loud voices that lead the developers to this dog of an upgrade. I hope it can be fixed but I think the devs have swung the pendulum too far in the wrong direction.

I find battles to be tedious instead of the short, sharp fun that they used to be.

I feel like the developers missed a chance to get creative with a solution to the speed meta. Maybe a debuff leader ability the reduces enemy speed, a new character or a rework of an existing one as a counter. Increasing the number of characters we can farm to increase diversity, or improve synchronisation with existing characters. Instead they went the nerf everything approach.

Well they already changed challenges back as i said in another thread they should just change their name to something else. Btw i did 1 tank challenge last night b4 the change and ya about 15mins for gear u cant use b4 lvl90 is way too much and overall the increase in time to do anything is a wrong way to approach. And i believe that first and foremost the devs are trying to let their creativity flow in lines with corporate guidelines ofc and after that customers opinions. I like the idea of protection and all and i believe also that for example new hard nodes are made to lvl80 so it will be easy then not when you unlock. Ppl are also so quick to judge and get mad if theyr not best right away. But ya i dont think its wise to make it take 3hrs to keep competive bc most ppl dont have the time. Lastly the most important is to have fun, learn2play and be patient and not whine just bc u didnt put your mind on it! ;)
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Guys if you hate this game just leave but stop poisoning the forums for the rest.

Others will take your place.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I actually went back on Google play and raised my rating to 5* thanks to the update. It contains many nice changes many people have been asking for for a while. Sorry some of you don't appreciate it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Nortikka_aikarajuu That's probably exactly what happened here. People went to bed knowing they had to do things a certain way to win. When they woke up, strategy has changed and they don't want to put the time necessary to learn some of the new ways ==> 1 star rating. Thing they don't comprehend is, this isn't **** rocket science.
  • Options
    matt1984 wrote: »

Well they already changed challenges back as i said in another thread they should just change their name to something else. Btw i did 1 tank challenge last night b4 the change and ya about 15mins for gear u cant use b4 lvl90 is way too much and overall the increase in time to do anything is a wrong way to approach. And i believe that first and foremost the devs are trying to let their creativity flow in lines with corporate guidelines ofc and after that customers opinions. I like the idea of protection and all and i believe also that for example new hard nodes are made to lvl80 so it will be easy then not when you unlock. Ppl are also so quick to judge and get mad if theyr not best right away. But ya i dont think its wise to make it take 3hrs to keep competive bc most ppl dont have the time. Lastly the most important is to have fun, learn2play and be patient and not whine just bc u didnt put your mind on it! ;)

You raise some good points. I like the idea of a new mode for people at a higher lever. If people want harder content then newer modes should open as you level up. I like the idea of protection in arena. I think it's clumsily executed though and is pretty horrible in most other game modes. I just feel that the developers are just kicking the can down the road. Instead of solving the meta issue they're just creating a new one which we will now all have to grind our way to achieving. I hope the guilds/raids upgrade is executed/implemented better than this one was.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @Preemo_Magin Phasma is an absolute monster now, so i have no idea wth you are talking about. She also has huge hp and fortitude and can cast Advantage on herself with the basic. :neutral:

I played today to test the update. I won 5-0 in Arena battles. Enemy Phasma's, what a blessing! Such a sweet girl. I tag eyes her last or second to last. She is tanky and harmless. BUT...she now can't truly buff my team, nor my FOTP (also nerfed)..her leadership does very little with the Protection change. Maybe I was lucky? I also won GW very quickly... I was happy to face Phasma as well... Cute harmless weak character ...exactly as in the Force Awakens movie: a pretty monster by all means!
    Arijit wrote: »

@Preemo_Magin wait, I thought you left during the last major update? You were trying to gift your account to someone. We missed you!!!!

I was drawn back by the dark force. Then stopped playing after the Omega fiasco, gear changes and Dooku buff (which I had at 7* and used - Arena had just become a place to snipe only...no skill or strategy). Then downloaded today to see the changes myself, I had been wanting the game to be what it could. If you look at my post activity you'll know when I spot playing, and give it a try very easily.
  • Options

So individuals that don't like this update and aren't sitting around happy are animals. Interesting. How do the majority of angry people feel about this "humans" observation of us?
  • Options
    I like the update and will be rating 5* in the app store. I think for the first time EA was seeing the big picture. How long was this game going to last with 30 second arena battles? It didn't matter if you added 10-25% HP to everyone, they'd still risk getting OHKO or at the very least 2HKO.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera . Guys you brought in some great stuff this update but also set things back with protection. Protection was a great idea but it was just implemented wrong, it has made the whole game sluggish and frustrating.

I think more time should of just been spent figuring out how to raise armor/hp, and lower offense to make things more balanced to fix the biggest issue (1 shotting).

Buffing and raising stats per speed was a nice try but adding protection doesnt feel like it fits into the game.

On the bright side, you have given us enough protection joke material to last us a while.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Protection outside of GW works. I think it actually isn't broken in GW either after I changed up my strategy a bit. But the concept of doubling health as a function of damage was correct. It was fundamentally why people though GS, Rey, QG, etc needed to be nerfed.

I think they need a beta test server though for a bunch of people with various limited accounts can play and test it. Things like challanges being untuned seem to indicate a lack of testing.