Who to farm

Hi everyone, I posted this yday in the wrong section - would massively appreciate some team help -

Total noob here. I'm level 45. Been playing for a couple weeks only to now realise i don't really have a clue - so far have farmed lumi and luke, halfway to sidious, and have 35 shards of daka. I have 4-star chewie, 3-star JC and about to promote talia because I've just been simming all the hard missions for shards rather than simming for gear.
I mainly just want a good pvp team post-update. Im rank 400 atm. I realised daka is probably a poor choice for arena, so am going to start going for QGJ. I also read that GS is really powerful and have got him to 2-star, and stopped on 3-star luke, 1/30.
so I guess the plan before the update was to initially go for this, as it was all about hitting, and pretty much everyone thought these were all OP:
Sid 50/80
Lumi 20/30
Chewie at 4 stars RN (i know he sucks, but you can only really farm four players at a time) ill eventually get poe or RG
GS 13/25
QGJ 10/25

I was happy scratching what i've done with luke and daka up to this point and trying to get that team before the update, even though I know i'lI be left behind having wasted farming time, because I know if I start farming right now I can catch up. but then everyone absolutely lost 100% of their **** at the update and now are saying everyones useless now. Theres no synergy in there, theyre all just big hitters. I can't figure out a team with good chemistry that can take on most types of teams in a reliable way, work together, get me to a decent position in arena, and reliably win and get me somewhere in arena short or long term because idk what works in the game after the update. But if just getting these guys as hitters is still a good enough strategy let me know. There's too many characters with too many abilities and i smoke too much to figure out who is gonna use their abilities to work together to control other combinations of characters. I've even been considering stopping with lumi and getting phasma, because of advantage giving crits now and the fact that some people say healers are not as useful any more, and I don't know whether going for QGJ is a good idea now as I'll be stuck farming him for ages, and i don't know if theres any point having him in there as a hitter rather than someone to support and provide buffs. And I'll be stuck farming him for ages rather than poe. The fact is I dont really know **** but want to play the game.

Once I start farming someone now, I can't really stop with them until I get to 6 or seven stars right? Like in the arena i can't farm sid and then just switch before he get 7 stars can i? I have to make those characters as good as possible or will just get smacked in arena right?

Essentially at this point I'm really confused and just need someone to tell me the best options to go for until i figure out how the **** this game actually works and who i like long term. Apologies for a moany essay - essentially my question is given the update, my situation, and who you can farm F2P from each of the shipments/cantina battles, what is the best team to go for from here that can win me battles until i max them out and can combine them with other characters i farm.

If you even read all that i very much appreciate it

Replies

• LADrake
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If i were to start the game from scatch again, in order i would farm:

Cantina shipments 5s > QGJ > Daka
    GW shipments Lumi > Phasma > Poggle/86
    Arena shipments Han > Sid > Savage > 88/HK47

And with cantina fights i would go for GS / JC / Chewy as you level and then Dooku and RG.

At lvl 45 its better to change ur mind farming now than regretting it later
  • And reading bits of your post again i cant talk first hand since i dont have her but old daka isnt asbadder choice as you think. i see her all the time between rank20-50, her high hp, stun and ability to raise make her a pain in the **** to fight. i feel like i need to attack her first incase she raises someone i needed dead more
  • I'm in the same boat only probably worse off. I'm lvl 59, and I was puttering along quite well until the update. I got totally schooled in Global, and challenges I could auto before is wiping me out. Really REALLY fast. So I jumped here on the forums to see what this crazy update was all about. apparently this crazy update was about pointing out that I suck and have zero strategic ability. My "super team" has chars that apparently is going to be virtually useless in the later levels, and chars that are really useful in the later have been woefully neglected. Been running a Phas, Lum, Sid, Talia, HK team. Dumped tons of xp and gear into tal and XP, only to discover they are pretty much junk at the higher tiers. (Except for HK if I want to run a droid team.) Completely ignored QGJ, and completely ignored RG. After reading some of the posts on here, and considering the ungodly amount of time and resources I've wasted, I sorta want to fall on my lightsabre. I guess the point of my long winded rant is that if you know anyone new to the game, TELL THEM TO RESEARCH!!!! Because right about now, I'd sacrifice one of my kids and my dog for a "Reset Stat/Gear" option.........ok maybe not my dog, that would just be mean.
  • Thanks for the message and sorry i couldn't remember my password until now so only just saw your messages - I've gone with qgj, geo, lumi and sid who are doing ok but I've lost a lot of time.

My main problem is I don't know what I'm gonna do about a 5th once I've levelled everyone. Im thinking of buying a few crystals and going for RG, refreshing him twice a day, then when i unlock his second battle i can go for 18 battles/6 shards a day, so should as he seems the most helpful char at 4-star to hold me until i can farm someone else to 7. He's two-star 4/25 so i would be at 4-star in a couple of weeks I'm not sure if this is viable tho, by that time everyone might be blowing him out the water, I don't have the game experience to know if thats the best way to go about it so if you reckon thats my best option lemme know

Freakshow... the end of your comment..... pahahahahahha.. i feel you i really do this game is such a long term thing and bad initial choices when you don't know the game really just bend you over