Leader ability sidious or Phasma ?

Prev1
Hi
Currently my team is Lumi , Sid, Phasma , Vader , Dooku . Which one should i use for leader ability sidious or Phasma. Also i am close to unlocking ren should i replace him with vader or dooku?(once I star him up)
Thanks

Replies

• Sids bonus works all the time and for everyone while phasma is just a small chance. I think the damage sid boosts would outshine her in most cases.
  • Phasma as leader. Replace dooku with kylo and you got your self a gold synergy team. Make sure you equip then right and get all their skills up.
  • Here, I just took this video so you could see how it performs:
    https://youtu.be/6lVGvf8FhK0
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Phasma and it's not even close. Dooku works well with her.
  • nubsors wrote: »
    Phasma as leader. Replace dooku with kylo and you got your self a gold synergy team. Make sure you equip then right and get all their skills up.

Yes, I have Phasma as my leader.
  • nubsors wrote: »
    Here, I just took this video so you could see how it performs:

Why did your Sid get killed so fast?
  • In that video you had maybe 3 bonus attacks. I think sids bonus crit chance and damage is more effective.
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    nubsors wrote: »
    Here, I just took this video so you could see how it performs:

Why did your Sid get killed so fast?

Poggle buff. I had insanely bad luck and yet I won due to one single event.

If you think about the mathematics behind phasma she is clearly the better choice.
  • Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Question: does Phasmas leader ability proc on special attacks?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the video showing her leadership buff in action!
    Post edited by WhipiT on
  • With phasma as lead, id keep dooku, and ren in the same thing, also, if you want to fit kit or stormtroper that would also give more attack chances.
    If the enemy does one aoe, imagine your whole squad countering that attack at once, then imagine of countering for a second time because of phasmas effect.

People think 12 - 15% is not alot but when in actuality, its more than enough especially when your squad is rolling for that up to possibly 15 times in one turn.
  • Currently, all heroes get the same chance to call an assist from Phasma leader. FO are not gaining any additional chance when attacking (or it could be that everyone is gaining the FO faction gain?). Either way, your FO guys will not cause an assist more than non-FO heroes.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    Currently, all heroes get the same chance to call an assist from Phasma leader. FO are not gaining any additional chance when attacking (or it could be that everyone is gaining the FO faction gain?). Either way, your FO guys will not cause an assist more than non-FO heroes.

I did not know this. This changes my math.
  • Cleaner wrote: »
    Question: does Phasmas leader ability proc on special attacks?

Yes. It will proc on any activated skill including healing.
  • On paper Sid seems the obvious choice.

In practice I dread a same level Phasma a *Lot* more than a Sid. ( and I see those two often)

When going against the AI the "procs" work a *lot* more, (Hence all the cries for Leia to be nerfed)

Opposing a Phasma led team is feast or famine, if she does her stuff in the first round you can easily lose a couple of studs. If not, well you have a chance depending on you.
  • What is the increase in damage in a crit attack as opposed to a normal attack? Would be pretty easy to calculate which is better.
  • It's not that easy but I think I have it figured out.

Credit damage is 1.5 times damages but did gives an extra 20%.

Phasma allows for a second attacker but the damage on the second attacker doors 15% less damage. However there is potential for both to crit. So while did increases average damage slightly over phasma, phasma dramatically increases potential maximum damage.
  • Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    But does Sid give 20% extra bonus damage (160% dmg on crit), 20% greater overall dmg(180% dmg on crit) or an additional 20% (170% dmg on crit). Lol. I dont trust the wording of many things on this game.

Plus special attacks have huge baseline damage variance, so Sids extra 20% dmg (however it works) can mean a whole heck of a lot. Then you have to factor all the abilities that can activate on crits(works in sids favor), and conversely all the abilities that can activate on any old attacks (works in Phasmas favor!
  • But overall you can determine the impact of sid by saying that over all damage is increased by 1.7 * .13 = 22% including any special procs due to crits. That being said you can express phasma's damage increase by the average damage factor of your team multiplied by .16 for each non FO character or .32 for each FO character. Depending on the composition of the team this means on average damage will be lower under phasma. However, what you cannot see from the averages is the fact that two characters attackingbat once allows for the possibility of both characters critting. This means that on a phasma team the range of damage is greater creating damage spikes which can devestate an enemy by leading to dead enemies rather than just badly hurt enemies.
  • Wow i didnt expect this deep a discussion. Thanks for the input guys.I am using phasma right now and i like what she does.If i dont use her for leader I might aswell kick her and get a better support char.So I try phasma for another week or so before deciding.Lumi should be 7* by then so i can either try to build poggle or improve phasma then depending on the results
  • One nice things about phasmas ability is that, when it procs it lowers the cooldowns of the guy attacking and it can bring nasty side effects with it like sids healing immunity.
  • Shanks wrote: »
    Wow i didnt expect this deep a discussion. Thanks for the input guys.I am using phasma right now and i like what she does.If i dont use her for leader I might aswell kick her and get a better support char.So I try phasma for another week or so before deciding.Lumi should be 7* by then so i can either try to build poggle or improve phasma then depending on the results

Phasma also has wonderful abilities. Her speed debuff on the enemy and turn meter increase on your team can translate into a full turn advantage. It's quite good.
  • I'm now playing with Phasma as leader with Vader, Sid, Lumi and either Dooku or JC. JC might be 5* tomorrow so it'll probably be him, but I've seen Dooku counter, and the counter proc an assist, I think, but it was on auto so I could have just misread the situation. 1st turn on Auto normally has Sid AoE and leave dots, Vader AoE and leave more dots and Phasma with speed down. 2nd rounds and Phasma gives team advantage, and Sid and Vader normally ready again, and culling blade generally kills something. Quite funny to watch, not perfect synergy really but I imagine it could catch an attacking team off guard. Can't leave it on auto too much though, targets switch about too much, or sometimes Vader uses culling blade on someone with no debuffs on, or just one when there is a potential to be 6 or 7.
  • AligatorSam
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    So what Sid gives you is 0.13 * (1.7 normal damage) = 22% which is what someone above said I guess but didn't quite catch how you did it.

Normal Damage = X

Phasma is 16% of (Chance to normal hit * 0.85X + % to crit * 2.5X)

How do you know the normal crit %? Does crit rating 220 actually mean anything to anyone? I'm just missing that to determine which is better lol.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Here is the thing about Phasma. If you are using Sid and Kylo you have a chance, if they are called upon, to add a healing debuff to the target. If Dooku is called he can proc a stun (same with Daka). So overall Sid might look like he is better, but Phasma outperforms because of the lockdown characters can do on their normal attack. And don't forget about TIE Pilot.
  • nubsors
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    So what Sid gives you is 0.13 * (1.7 normal damage) = 22% which is what someone above said I guess but didn't quite catch how you did it.

Normal Damage = X

Phasma is 16% of (Chance to normal hit * 0.85X + % to crit * 2.5X)

How do you know the normal crit %? Does crit rating 220 actually mean anything to anyone? I'm just missing that to determine which is better lol.

Think of it this way... A crit is equal to 150% normal damage. Sid adds 12-13% additional chance to crit. Plus he adds an additional 20% crit damage. So his leadership ability leads to .13 x 1.7 = .22 more damage for all characters on your team. Someone mentioned what about crit procs, this will happen 13% more often but the damage is inclusive of that 22% mentioned earlier.

Phasma's math is not exactly as you put it because team composition can augment that chance. And I'm not sure about the 2.5 factor.
  • Phasma has a lot of different aspects going for her with her ability. Not just with the chance to hit, but how those chances affect them. Like someone else mentioned Daka and Ventress have a chance to stun when they are called to help, Luke has a chance to inflict damage over time, Ren does a healing debuff, Bariss can heal, so much more goes into not just how often it procs and what the immediate damage is, but also the effects applied etc.
  • Here is a spreadsheet i created so that you could see how pure damage numbers might play out depending on the make up of your team. The crit chance is completely arbitrary since we don't have a way to determine that number based on crit rating at this point.

https://dropbox.com/s/7bdxqisrilrwkpr/phasma-vs-sidious.xlsx?dl=0
  • Things are but harder. As WhipIT explained, several chars will do automatic cooldowns when they do 2 or more Crits in an AOE. So while Phasma advances clock in your favor and may bring stunds, Sid can monumentaly increase the chance of automatic cooldowns in many Droids. And in thise teams, the additional 22% damange is the difference from 5% Hp left on enemy that will bebhealed next turn vs ...oops you just lost 3 chars to "lucky crits and cooldown resets".

The thing is that a lot of the math needs to be done to exact setups, like Sid with Droids and Vader and ithers that will cooldown when they crit a lot.
  • Things are but harder. As WhipIT explained, several chars will do automatic cooldowns when they do 2 or more Crits in an AOE. So while Phasma advances clock in your favor and may bring stunds, Sid can monumentaly increase the chance of automatic cooldowns in many Droids. And in thise teams, the additional 22% damange is the difference from 5% Hp left on enemy that will bebhealed next turn vs ...oops you just lost 3 chars to "lucky crits and cooldown resets".

The thing is that a lot of the math needs to be done to exact setups, like Sid with Droids and Vader and ithers that will cooldown when they crit a lot.
    Yes more math needs to be done but your point about resetting from crits is a bad point because calling in an ally increases that chance as well, even more so.