Leader ability sidious or Phasma ?

2Next

Replies

• In increase to straight damage, sid wins. However, Phasma does all of the following:
    1. Chance for assists (its random, unlike sids promise)
    2. Chance for extra procs with the assist calls.
    3. Team wide advantage (big burst of damage).
    4. AoE with enemy slow chance.
    5. Team wide turn meter buff (allowing your team an extra turn).
    6. Transforms into a decent single target damage dealer once she has advantage.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • nubsors wrote: »
    So what Sid gives you is 0.13 * (1.7 normal damage) = 22% which is what someone above said I guess but didn't quite catch how you did it.

Normal Damage = X

Phasma is 16% of (Chance to normal hit * 0.85X + % to crit * 2.5X)

How do you know the normal crit %? Does crit rating 220 actually mean anything to anyone? I'm just missing that to determine which is better lol.

Think of it this way... A crit is equal to 150% normal damage. Sid adds 12-13% additional chance to crit. Plus he adds an additional 20% crit damage. So his leadership ability leads to .13 x 1.7 = .22 more damage for all characters on your team. Someone mentioned what about crit procs, this will happen 13% more often but the damage is inclusive of that 22% mentioned earlier.

Phasma's math is not exactly as you put it because team composition can augment that chance. And I'm not sure about the 2.5 factor.

If you're talking about damage difference between each character that doesn't change anything. If by team composition you mean different things that proc, that's an entirely different ballgame and that's not what we're discussing.

My calculations are as close as you can get, just need to know the odds of critting normally.

So what Sid gives you is 0.13 * (1.7 normal damage) = 22% which is what someone above said I guess but didn't quite catch how you did it.

Normal Damage = X

Phasma is 16% of (Chance to normal hit * 0.85X + % to crit * 2.5X)

How do you know the normal crit %? Does crit rating 220 actually mean anything to anyone? I'm just missing that to determine which is better lol.

Think of it this way... A crit is equal to 150% normal damage. Sid adds 12-13% additional chance to crit. Plus he adds an additional 20% crit damage. So his leadership ability leads to .13 x 1.7 = .22 more damage for all characters on your team. Someone mentioned what about crit procs, this will happen 13% more often but the damage is inclusive of that 22% mentioned earlier.

Phasma's math is not exactly as you put it because team composition can augment that chance. And I'm not sure about the 2.5 factor.

If you're talking about damage difference between each character that doesn't change anything. If by team composition you mean different things that proc, that's an entirely different ballgame and that's not what we're discussing.

My calculations are as close as you can get, just need to know the odds of critting normally.

No I mean certain characters have a greater chance of calling an ally. Which means phasmas effect is contextual.
  • Same as certain allies will proc on crits. I think because of all those variables you simply ignore that and do the math I said to do to get at least an approximation.
  • Wow broke into top 10 today(rank 8). I'm the only one in top 50 using phasma lead
    :smile:
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    Here is the thing about Phasma. If you are using Sid and Kylo you have a chance, if they are called upon, to add a healing debuff to the target. If Dooku is called he can proc a stun (same with Daka). So overall Sid might look like he is better, but Phasma outperforms because of the lockdown characters can do on their normal attack. And don't forget about TIE Pilot.

^^ This. The added chance at a status effect is the winner for me. Just wish i could get Kylo. Drop rate is killing me.
  • Finished @ rank 1 today.Top 10 is all lvl 60 except for me(lvl 58) and atleast 3k power more than me:lol: Phasma all the way!!!
  • Cleaner wrote: »
    Question: does Phasmas leader ability proc on special attacks?
    procs even if you throw a heal, is just amazing
  • Mtwizard
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just idividual decision.
    In my case, phasma 's winner.
    Sid's leader skill cause potentail damage.
    But phasma's makes damage and utilities.
    Mathmatically sid has more possibility in damage from normal hit and cirtical hit.
    But there are only single toon's abilities. Buff and debuff linked with auto attack make chance to win in arena.
    So phasma's call make more prospective situation with dmg and these utilities.
    Ex) in lucky case) when luke has critical hit with auto attack, he can get 30% meter. With Time elasped meter plus, after 1 hit he has 40 meter(if crits)
    If he got phasma's call now, he can chance to critical hit. If he hit successfully, he can get 30 meter too. And he will have 2nd turn faster than any other toons. This case cause about 4k x3 damage.
    In sid case
    If sid got phasma's call, he can make mutiple healing debuff against each enermy.
    And so one:
    It's just simple example.
    But most of toons have special abillity with auto attack. And attack makes critical damage too.

So it's not problem phasma or sid.
    Just red paper or blue paper.
    For pve or pvp.

• Phasma has consistently kicked my **** in arena on teams that are a thousand power lower than Sid teams.

I would say phasma on that matter.
  • A lowly employee that failed to protect *******, and then *********. I don't mind if ******* **** *** ********* (anti-spoiler prevention) but c'mon, Sid is the strongest Sith to have ever existed and only Vader could kill him, and only because Sid trusted him so much.

I don't like this Phasma thing as it relates to her real talents.
  • I think when you compare two teams built around the respective leaders phasma comes out on top.

Sid - offers crit where needed and damage on top of that. For lowish crit heroes, Sid shines and can generate more of the crit generated effects. Boba is better for high base crit chance heroes. Sid = flat damage increase.

Phasma is more unique in that she brings huge utility to the table to drastically increase the sheer number of attacks plus the strength of some of them. With a team built around her you could really do some damage and do it fast and it is a lot less subject to the AI being stupid.

I consider them different but in a similar degree of strength. Phasma wins IMO due to the defense and working with the AI.
  • A lowly employee that failed to protect *******, and then *********. I don't mind if ******* **** *** ********* (anti-spoiler prevention) but c'mon, Sid is the strongest Sith to have ever existed and only Vader could kill him, and only because Sid trusted him so much.

I can guarantee Darth Sidious is not the most powerful sith lord. Exar Kun holds that title.
  • Pilot wrote: »
    In increase to straight damage, sid wins. However, Phasma does all of the following:

You still get 4-6 whether she is the leader or not... so that doesn't really matter.

I can guarantee Darth Sidious is not the most powerful sith lord. Exar Kun holds that title.

I can guarantee you that Exar Kun is not canon. :thumbsdown
  • Pilot wrote: »
    Currently, all heroes get the same chance to call an assist from Phasma leader. FO are not gaining any additional chance when attacking (or it could be that everyone is gaining the FO faction gain?). Either way, your FO guys will not cause an assist more than non-FO heroes.

FO chances are doubled.
    Cleaner wrote: »

Yes. It will proc on any activated skill including healing.

I wish someone would put a video to that effect. I think it defaults to basic ability.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Phasma wins on straight damage, unless your team is a aoe-heavy.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Frankbeans wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    In increase to straight damage, sid wins. However, Phasma does all of the following:

You still get 4-6 whether she is the leader or not... so that doesn't really matter.

it does matter. it makes little sense to use phasma in a team that's lead by sid. there's zero synergy.
    mighty chlorians
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    MufasaBigD wrote: »
    nubsors wrote: »

I wish someone would put a video to that effect. I think it defaults to basic ability.

I am not sure you guys are talking about the same thing.

Any skill can cause a assist (including heals) but the assist will always be the basic attack
  • marco wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    Currently, all heroes get the same chance to call an assist from Phasma leader. FO are not gaining any additional chance when attacking (or it could be that everyone is gaining the FO faction gain?). Either way, your FO guys will not cause an assist more than non-FO heroes.

FO chances are doubled.

That's what it says Marco but it doesn't seem to work that way in reality.
  • MufasaBigD wrote: »
    nubsors wrote: »

I'm not saying random activated abilities will be used by the called assist. I'm saying when lumi heals someone it can cause an ally to be called for an assist.