Phasma's leader not granting Advantage

As described by Jesse in the 14/04 patch notes:
EA_Jesse wrote:
Captain Phasma
Onslaught new effect: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down on a Critical Hit. If this attack is not a Critical Hit, Phasma has a 25% chance to gain Advantage for 2 turns instead. New upgrade schedule as follows:
Upgrade 1: +5% Damage
Upgrade 2: +15% Damage
Upgrade 3: +5% Damage
Upgrade 4: +5% Damage
Upgrade 5: +25% Advantage Chance
Upgrade 6: +5% Damage
Upgrade 7: +15% Damage
Victory March now specifies Advantage duration (2 turns.)
Fire at Will now refreshes Advantage if the Assisting ally had Advantage.

This last part just outright doesn't work, not with FO allies (FOTP and Kylo Ren lost Advantage repeatedly), nor with any other ally.

Not much else I can say really. It just doesn't do anything despite my leader ability being maxed.
Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride

Replies

• GrimmVonHell
    338 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I am experiencing the same problems. It is also not lasting more then 1 action (Assist/Counter Attack/etc) let alone 1 turn, when Advantage is supossed to last for 2 turns. I see this as the biggest actual bug since the last Update. And since the update they have changed multiple things including issues that weren't even bugs, just people whinning. I'm assuming they are working it out as we're typing but if not more threads like these will bring these crucially crippling bugs to their attention.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

I know you won't let us, the ones experiencing the true bugs, down ;)
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    dw guys bugs will be fixed... someday... eventually.. but first, NEW CONTENTS!!! Kappa 4Head EleGiggle
  • Yep advantage for one turn, ridiculous. It was more fun when it took two hits to get rid of advantage. Also the changing of advantage to just get criticals, my characters already had a very very high critical chance so advantage is just pointless for me and it's a shame cause I like Phasma
  • Also having issue of Phasma casting Advantage and it not lasting the 2 turns it says it is suppose to.
  • Same, just noticed Phasma Victory March casting advantage for one turn only and not 2 turns as indicated.
  • As described by Jesse in the 14/04 patch notes:
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    Captain Phasma
    Onslaught new effect: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down on a Critical Hit. If this attack is not a Critical Hit, Phasma has a 25% chance to gain Advantage for 2 turns instead. New upgrade schedule as follows:

This last part just outright doesn't work, not with FO allies (FOTP and Kylo Ren lost Advantage repeatedly), nor with any other ally.

Not much else I can say really. It just doesn't do anything despite my leader ability being maxed.

You realize this isn't Phasma's lead right... This only affects Phasma
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I see the same problem.
    It says the assisting ally gets advantage back if he hadn't while assisting. Doesn't happen. So, it's very poor to see that.
    EA makes an buggy update for such a clear and easy ability where thousands of people are paying for and they just ruin it.
    GG WP.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    Captain Phasma

Fire at Will is the name of Phasma's leader ability... :neutral:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote:
    Captain Phasma

Fire at Will is the name of Phasma's leader ability... :neutral:

Yet your OP is regarding Phasma's Onslaught (basic) ability

Edited : my bad didnt read the bottom lol. Yes appears advantage isn't being refreshed
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Yep, that's why I put it in bold, haha. :)
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Just pushing up cause it's a bug that devs can't forget....makes a lot of diference in the "rebalance" made in Phasma.
  • Advantage is also only lasting one turn instead of the two it should
  • Yep, that's why I put it in bold, haha. :)

Lol yeah it was a very long day staring at comp screens when I was going back n forth with ya there lol. My bad :)
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Why do they announce this if it doesn't even work in the first place?

And why is nobody doing anything about this or giving feedback on this issue?
    That's a joke...
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Why do they announce this if it doesn't even work in the first place?

That's a joke...

your joke ain't funny man, i hope you're not a comedian :p
  • dvl009 wrote: »
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Why do they announce this if it doesn't even work in the first place?

That's a joke...

your joke ain't funny man, i hope you're not a comedian :p

Unfortunately, they're the ones who are joking :neutral:
  • Thysk
    85 posts Member
    Advantage is also only lasting one turn instead of the two it should

Advantage has two ways of "expiring."

1) After two turns, it expires like any buff with a limited duration.

2) After being used, it is consumed. The buff only applies to one attack, and thus if you attack on your first turn, it gets used up (even if that resulted in a miss/dodge/resist). This can be consumed when the character is called as an assist.

The only time the two turn thing matters is if on your first opportunity to use it, you taunt (eg, chewbacca), or heal (eg, luminara) or buff (eg, poggle). If you do this and don't attack, I have been seeing the buff persist one more turn.

I do agree that the Phasma Leader ability to refresh advantage for the character called to assist is NOT working as described.
  • GuNDaL
    100 posts Member
    +1 to fire at will not working.. bunch of bugs that were NOT actually fixed in the april 16th update, despite them saying they had fixed them. Like QGJ not actually dispelling on killing blow.

• Thysk wrote: »
    2) After being used, it is consumed.

I might add that even if the attack is dodged/reflected, advantage is consumed. But this is working as intended.

BTT:
    GuNDaL wrote: »
    +1 to fire at will not working.. bunch of bugs that were NOT actually fixed in the april 16th update, despite them saying they had fixed them. Like QGJ not actually dispelling on killing blow.

What annoys me most is, that they announce it, say it is fixed/implemented while it isn't. Did anybody even test this? Why say "yea, it's now this and this way" when one little test SHOULD have proved them wrong.

• I confirm ; this skill isn't working properly.

As I understand, it should give back the advantage the assisting ally lost by attacking.

However, it doesn't.

And that's a major flaw because it makes Phasma's lead less effective, especially when you rely on that advantage being active in order to land crits with FOO (which suffered a lot from the update btw).

Please fix this asap.

Otherwise I find that the update went in the right direction. PvP is more fun now, even though the meta didn't change much for the moment. GW is a bit harder than before but far from impossible even with a narrow F2P roster (mine).
  • I just read that the critical Advantage gives is "on next hit" ...meaning only one critical ...super lame, it should stick for 2 full turns regardless of how many hits the char made in those turns. 1 guaranteed Crit hit is not a suitable replacement for what Advantage was supossed to be. Even thinking I was settling for auto crits for 2 turns was hard to eat cuz it's just a quick fix to the Physical/Special vs Defense/Resistance enigma. And to top it off its not even being refreshed.

I know Advantage has given the team trouble since its inception and I'm sure they'll work it out as the game matures but this needs attention ASAP. I'm hoping more post about this as numbers usually equal results. They changed the way some chars perform and there wasn't even anything bugged about them, they were just getting buried in complaints.

Advantage is ruined in it current state ...
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Crits for multiple rounds would be crazy though. Imagine having Boba as lead with +50% critical damage. Then imagine Poggle granting Offense Up for 2 Turns with Phasma granting Advantage. Greedo hits for 10k crit in those scenarios. But think of IG-88 special aoe and others.

I think the single turn Advantage is fine but I agree that the description is deceptive. But to the OPs point, Phasmas assist is bugged. I have had FOO get called as an assist with Advantage and it does not retain for an additional 2 turns.
  • Advantage is good as it is.
    That's not the point of this thread.

Fire at will is bugged. It decreases the usefulness of Phasma's lead severly. As it destroys all tactics including victory march. You cannot plan to use the crits, as there's always the possibilty that yout toon "wastes" his/her advantage.

Please fix this asap.
  • I feel like people commenting in this forum are going off topic. We not talking about Advantage, we are talking about Phasma and her current abilities not doing what they say they do. Victory March states "All allies gain 50% Turn Meter and Advantage for 2 turns" but in battle it last for 1 turn. Fire at will states "Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 20% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing 15% less damage...If that ally had Advantage, they regain it for 2 turns" but in battle you do not regain Advantage.

To me, those are the bugs. Either the description needs to be changed or the abilities fixed.
  • Victory March is not bugged.
    See:
    Thysk wrote: »
    Advantage has two ways of "expiring."

1) After two turns, it expires like any buff with a limited duration.

2) After being used, it is consumed. The buff only applies to one attack, and thus if you attack on your first turn, it gets used up (even if that resulted in a miss/dodge/resist). This can be consumed when the character is called as an assist.

The only time the two turn thing matters is if on your first opportunity to use it, you taunt (eg, chewbacca), or heal (eg, luminara) or buff (eg, poggle). If you do this and don't attack, I have been seeing the buff persist one more turn.

Fire at will is.
  • I just had a double assist called with Phasma lead. After Victory March, hit a combined fire from Fives, and it called Asajj and Vader. I think both lost Advantage, but I know at know Asajj had it before being called.