19/3 Never forget

CPMP
974 posts Member
"Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase." By EA_Jesse

This is what we were promised. This is why we were hyped. When it's coming?

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Lol never
  • CPMP wrote: »
    "Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase." By EA_Jesse

With the level 90 cap increase
  • When everybody gets a free general grevous.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    When everybody gets a free general grevous.

Wait. You didn't get yours?
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Let's take a second to think what forums would have been like with CT 5's and Kylo Ren doing double damage with 50k health. What about GW? Would have been a treat eh? They kept part their promise, QGJ got much worse and pathetic and Yoda is a bum who thankfully still has his utility, Dooku is worse but at level 8 he is going to get all that he lost back, so we may be back in a short time to a Dooku meta. To everyone saying no...QGJ is the same, he is OP...get a life please!
  • Well, they fixed rey, she misses most if the time now, so her damage potential has gone way down.
  • +1000 I would like to know why CG deliberately made this divide between players? Like what is the point? Noone understands why you added 50 pieces of unfarmable pieces to armor upgrades while others who Precrafted are a full level of gear or 2 ahead of others. I'm speaking on deaf ears I know. Which reminds me, why do I contribute a voice again?
  • CPMP wrote: »

You're staring another trivial thread about something that has no real consequence.

Boohoo, I don't have an OP team anymore, let me complain about something that isn't going to better the game. Oh woh is me, what am I going to do now!?

Please, for the love of squirrels dude, how can you be so petty about this!? Common sense stipulates that if they have just change a few mechanics, what you speak of is most probably coming in future updates, Rome wasn't built in a day...
  • Captainrrl wrote: »
    Well, they fixed rey, she misses most if the time now, so her damage potential has gone way down.

Except when the AI is controlling her.

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Captainrrl wrote: »
    Well, they fixed rey, she misses most if the time now, so her damage potential has gone way down.

lol they did not fix Rey (or GS). I have her at 6*s and it feels like she's overpowered compared to everyone else. My Dooku hits for 1.5k, Rey and GS can still do over 10k damage. You just got some bad RNG my friend.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »

You're staring another trivial thread about something that has no real consequence.

Boohoo, I don't have an OP team anymore, let me complain about something that isn't going to better the game. Oh woh is me, what am I going to do now!?

Please, for the love of squirrels dude, how can you be so petty about this!? Common sense stipulates that if they have just change a few mechanics, what you speak of is most probably coming in future updates, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Sorry, I don't speak sheep.
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Sorry, was that meant to be an insult!? Hahahaha...

You might not speak sheep but you sure as hell speak nonsense.

Not saying what you said wasn't true, just saying that you seem to be fixated on trivial wording.

Has the games mechanics improved? Yes
    Has your feeling of self righteousness lessened? No.
    Had the update made the best of the situation? Yes
    Have you? No.

Notice the trend!?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

Sorry, was that meant to be an insult!? Hahahaha...

You might not speak sheep but you sure as hell speak nonsense.

Not saying what you said wasn't true, just saying that you seem to be fixated on trivial wording.

Has the games mechanics improved? Yes
    Has your feeling of self righteousness lessened? No.
    Had the update made the best of the situation? Yes
    Have you? No.

Notice the trend!?

I am not the one that speak nonsense, the person with EA in front of his name is the one who does. They lie to their customers by basically saying "don't worry that your stormtrooper and jedi knight guardian and <insert any other completely useless hero here> are useless now, keep farming them, they'll get buffed in the update patch" and then they be like : "haha i lied". And in the process, they break what is working well (Challenges and GW). And you expect people to be thankful? In what universe lying to a customer is considered complimentary?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    They did NOT say that JDK and Stormtrooper were going to be buffed and that you need to farm them! They said 'generally speaking'. Which could mean everything and anything. You can't work with anything other than actual facts! Not speculations. You understood what you wanted from that! Didn't you hear what the forum was saying? They were right for the most part. I heard, but i chose to go my own way still. Now i am going to have some problems too, no doubt about it.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Alexone wrote: »
    They did NOT say that JDK and Stormtrooper were going to be buffed and that you need to farm them! They said 'generally speaking'. Which could mean everything and anything. You can't work with anything other than actual facts! Not speculations. You understood what you wanted from that! Didn't you hear what the forum was saying? They were right for the most part. I heard, but i chose to go my own way still. Now i am going to have some problems too, no doubt about it.

"Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase"

English may not be my native language, but i'm pretty much sure, that when saying: slower characters will see a damage increase, it means that slower heroes will see a damage increase....
    Have you seen a damage increase on slower heroes? Because i've seen damage reduce, that is even higher than the fast heroes.

EDIT: Speculations?? The people that CREATED the game said it! They don't know what changes they were going to make?? This is ludicrous!!!
    Post edited by CPMP on
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Alexone wrote: »

"Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase"

English may not be my native language, but i'm pretty much sure, that when saying: slower characters will see a damage increase, it means that slower heroes will see a damage increase....
    Have you seen a damage increase on slower heroes? Because i've seen damage reduce, that is even higher than the fast heroes.

Very true
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @CPMP I think they had a general idea but then changed it. It was over a month ago. What is clear is that there's only one QGJ left as leader in my top 20 (but there never were more than 5 anyway), fewer Dookus, one Luminara, Poggles, Phasmas. All in all - diversity. So what they did is good for the game as far as i can tell. I don't know what else to say about slower characters not getting buffed.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    @Alexone On my shard nothing changed.
    http://imgur.com/a/BkeEs
    Even the guys with ST Han and Ig88 as leaders. They were like that pre update. I can upload old screenshots that show that if you want.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    With the upcoming news of the raid system, the recent patch that put people in a state of confusion and stasis, and the upcoming guild patch, they were hoping we would forget, kind of like a cocktail that makes people forget.
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Let's take a second to think what forums would have been like with CT 5's and Kylo Ren doing double damage with 50k health. What about GW? Would have been a treat eh? They kept part their promise, QGJ got much worse and pathetic and Yoda is a bum who thankfully still has his utility, Dooku is worse but at level 8 he is going to get all that he lost back, so we may be back in a short time to a Dooku meta. To everyone saying no...QGJ is the same, he is OP...get a life please!

My Kylo Ren's damage almost got cut in half
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Hmm maybe there's a lot more guys from my shard reading this forum or reddit. At one point there were 4 Poggle leaders in Arena, including myself on the top 4 places. We all dropped in the meantime, but still. Refreshing to see.
  • Alexone wrote: »

My Kylo Ren's damage almost got cut in half

This!