Anakin post update

Prev1
Peempo
403 posts Member
Is anyone else depressed at how bad he is now? He's one of the few speed toons who's damage should've remained untouched, it was mediocre before and now it's comparable to barris :/. My anakin is currently g8 7* and lvl 74 and I think the highest crit I've seen so far is 3k.

What makes it even more frustrating is how difficult to attain he's been (up to the point of this new cantina node) but obviously characters are bound to change rapidly. I'd just like to see him be usable again, cause right now hes total dog shlit :(

Replies

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    The force is so strong with Anakin, but not in this game. No damage. No cool abilities that makes him special. Quite tanky but yet not a tank and of course no taunt. I'd say he's one of very few characters that EA got completely wrong in the update.

Don't even wanna think about how much energy I've spent in farming Ani.
  • P3C0
    38 posts Member
    Is he that bad? I thought he might have been someone to invest in for the long run. I was quite pleased at the process I've made farming him.

Guess I'll concentrate my efforts elsewhere for a while.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    I've been farming him for ages. Just reached 6* but I'm not even going to bother getting him to 7 now. He's one of the toughest toons to gear up and the damage he does now, I feel like it's just not worth all that effort anymore
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i've been using him to rank top 5 in arena for 3 weeks+. he's performing under my expectations at 7*, g8, lvl 74 now that the update happened
    mighty chlorians
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Well bleep... He was supposed to be my dark horse. I've been slow farming him for ages as a F2P. He's going to reach 6* soon, but i guess I'll cut my losses. I've gotten Lucky on everyone else that I've farmed counter- culture. I guess the Vegas odds will always catch up with you.
  • Been farming him for months for my jedi team, he will be 7* tomorrow. He didn't do much damage before. But this patch he is can't kill a fly. He should really get some attention.
  • Pre-patch Anakin was awesome, he could completely swing a match for me; he was pretty good. Now, he's bad. He has some utility IF he gets his debuff on a tank which will block the taunt but it doesn't proc consistently enough and his damage isn't there. I think full Jedi teams WERE competitive pre-patch but not now, they do not do enough damage to break through protection and deal with tanky teams. Not to mention, IG86 and GS still do a ton of damage and if they focus the same toon they can break through a toon's protection and drain a fair amount of HP. Jedi as a team are no longer valid.
  • Anakin my favourite toon. But in this game he is useless.
  • Anakin is useless now. This update screwed the game big time. He needs a rework cause he isn't an attacker anymore
  • Same sad story here, wanted him so much, that i bought the Jedi pack during last Yoda event and i was hardly farming him since spending all my energy , wasting each day 150 crystals to refresh the 3 hard battles, few times when i was "lucky"to see him in the shipments i spent more crystals to buy ... so after 1 month of spending everything on him and 50 shards away from 7 star , the new patch turned him into the Gentle touching princess Anakin , which role in the team would be only for making it look beautiful....
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I was so happy to see he was moved to cantina.. Then I saw the damage change table.
  • Same story here. Been griding him for months only to have him turn into mush. Depressing and makes me want to quit playing. Nerfing a character who was mediocre at best just doesn't make sense. Please bring him back to preupdate level (which isn't even saying much).
  • chuckwing wrote: »
    Same story here. Been griding him for months only to have him turn into mush. Depressing and makes me want to quit playing. Nerfing a character who was mediocre at best just doesn't make sense. Please bring him back to preupdate level (which isn't even saying much).

You needed him fully geared and supported with Yoda and QGJ because he was really good in that mix. I don't understand the Smite nerf especially, that where he really shines. How come Savage Opress can do infinite damage on <25% toons with his but Anakin Smite which has a similar purpose gets nerfed. It wasn't that strong to begin with, they had to be low in the red, not just red.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Got him to 7 last week. He was finally good, and now he's garbage.
  • Yep, been farming him for a while hoping to get him to 6* to round out my Jedi team to get Yoda to 6*. I'll stick with that plan since I'm beyond 5* on him, but I realize I prob need to shift gears afterwards if I'm ever getting a 7* Yoda. Or who knows, there may be some more tinkering with him between now and then.
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    Yep, been farming him for a while hoping to get him to 6* to round out my Jedi team to get Yoda to 6*. I'll stick with that plan since I'm beyond 5* on him, but I realize I prob need to shift gears afterwards if I'm ever getting a 7* Yoda. Or who knows, there may be some more tinkering with him between now and then.

I don't know what to say. When I first started playing I thought Anakin was horrible. Then I got him, geared him up and was really shocked at how good he is with the RIGHT squad. Now... man I just to know, the Jedi cannot dish-out enough damage on their own in Arena; they just can't. On my server Dooku is still big and of course friggin' GS still does huge damage, 86, does huge damage, and the list goes on. When I finally have an attack NOT get dodged it barely even takes away the protection layer. Meanwhile, GS can take away protection in one-shot and all my Jedi are 7-stars at least gear 8 with some gear 9 pieces. QGJ in another team because of his utility is good, Lumi on her own is good, and Yoda has some value (maybe), but otherwise the Jedi are dead until some things change.
  • You guys are depressing me! I am about to hit six stars on him tomorrow. I have to hope at some point they will tune him up. But I may hold off on going for the seventh star at this point--was going for five seven star Jedi for a seven star Yoda, and seven star Yoda is supposedly useless now so I'm not excited about pouring more energy into a seventh star for jc, Ahsoka, and anakin. Heck with the credit drought I don't have the million a piece it would take anyway.
  • If you're close to 6-starring him then you might as well, you never know I guess. The Jedi are my favorite part of Star Wars and forced myself to figure out a way to play them pre-patch, so when I say it's useless it saddens me and I wouldn't say it if I didn't feel utterly defeated about this right now. The game is still so unbalanced, just in a different manner.
  • @Darth_Jay77 ya that is who I ran him with and he was good on that team. He was never really that flexible, I think that was the only type of team build he was usable on. Now you might as well throw Ugnaught on your team.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    My seven star gear 8 anakin grinded basically instead of Rey over 4 months is collecting so much dust on the bench. Tearful. Used to have well above average Aoe. His primary was weak but did cool stuff.

Thank goodness cause all you ever heard was how OP he was. Nope. Actually all you ever heard before was please buff him and those of us who had him enjoyed his speedy tanky skill set. And we dreamed of running him as offense up leader.

Anakin is missing his limbs and obi one (cg) has left him by a fiery pit of lava.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    I just feel like him getting nerfed this hard is a total lack of testing and forethought on the part of CG/EA, especially to deuce on such a popular character. So sad :((
  • I need to agree after update, he no longer useful in any game play..
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Idk why but I feel complete opposite of everybody. My anakin is getting my first 10 omegas.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Idk why but I feel complete opposite of everybody. My anakin is getting my first 10 omegas.
    I wouldn't do that just yet dude...

• Peempo
    403 posts Member

Is that a troll post? Not tryin to hate on ya, I'm just not seeing any pros to him right now. Mind explaining?
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    I also did the grind to get him to max. I tried to keep using him but outside perhaps blocking RG he feels like Barriss with his damage.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Yeah exactly, buff immunity is all he offers now, for bariss like damage and mediocre survivability
  • Peempo wrote: »

Is that a troll post? Not tryin to hate on ya, I'm just not seeing any pros to him right now. Mind explaining?

He is a believer. Hopefully ani is going to be reworked soon..

He is a believer. Hopefully ani is going to be reworked soon..

There's so many issues with this game right now... Anakin is on the back burner right now. The dev's can't even get old bens leader ability correct let alone all the other bugs or issues.

With how bad Anakin is now, I would say of course it is a troll post.

Pretty sure there isn't a single person in the community who has Anakin who thinks he is good now. lol