Hero Farming Times (Math)

While planning out my hero squad I found myself wondering on the time required to raise heroes to 6* and 7* based on the source of the Hero. Here is some of the math that I used to help me plan the total time required:

***Please note that these are based solely on best case scenarios and do not include any time/effort required to gear the heroes, which would add substantially to this amount of time. I also did not include any RNG sources as RNGeesus and Murphy ensure that I can't track that accurately. ***
1. Squad Cantina Shipments

For the Cantina Shipments, I usually do 1 refill per day for a total of 380 energy per day (260 + 120 Refill) This breaks down to 646 tokens per day (tables 3 & 4) which finally breaks down into 8.075 shards per day.
With this in mind, we can figure out the total time to raise a hero to 6 and 7 star, including the time required to unlock the character (which varies based on the starting star level)

So, to raise a hero to 6 stars it would take 29 Days and To Raise to 7 would take 41 Days

2. GW Shipments

For GW, If you can do a full clear you will receive a total of 1200 tokens per day (at least at my level, I'm not sure if this goes up as you go up in level, i'm only 51) I usually clear it but some days are harder than others. I haven't failed in like 10 days or so though but today was a stretch and almost didn't get the last fight.

With 1200 tokens, we get 3 shipments each day (Easy math, I love it), which breaks down to 15 shards per day.

Unlocking a GW Hero Will take (rounded to next day):
  • 25 Shards - 2 Days
  • 50 Shards - 4 Days
  • 80 Shards - 6 Days

Raising a GW Hero to 6* Takes about 16 days (Total, including unlock)
Raising a GW Hero to 7* Takes about 22 days (Total, including unlock)

3. Arena Shipments

These are a bit slower, because most people will only earn 2 shipments (10 shards) per day, even at the higher ranks. I based my math on consistently holding a spot in the top 200 AND completing the daily for 3 battles per day (800 tokens per day total) Placing in the upper ranks will speed this along, but not too dramatically. The crystal gains are probably more advantageous at that point than the arena tokens.

Unlocking an Arena Hero will take:
  • 25 Shards - 2.5 Days
  • 50 Shards - 5 Days
  • 80 Shards - 8 Days

Raising a GW Hero to 6* Takes 23 Days
Raising a GW Hero to 7* Takes 33 Days

So, if you put all of this together, you could have Sid (Arena), Luminara (GW), and Boba Fett all at 7* in about a month. This would of course be a bit faster if you picked up shards anywhere else. For example, Luminara also has a Hard mode drop chance. In about a month you could have 3 of the strongest heroes in the game at 7*, even as a F2P player. P2P players will see times a bit faster for many of the heroes.

the JC also has a pretty easy farm time with unlimited (energy permitting) attempts in the Cantina battles as well as a few Hard mode drop sources. I usually farm his node for his shards and then the tokens are used to buy my hero shards from the shipments.

Following all of the above, you could have a 7* Sid, 7* Luminara, and a 7* Star Cantina Hero (Boba, Fives, Ahsoka, etc.) as well as probably a 6* JC (maybe 7*) So you'd have 4 strong heroes to get you started while you farm out the rest. Odds are you'd get a lucky 4* drop in that time as well.

Let me know if any of my math or assumptions are off, i'm definitely not perfect.

Replies

• Very nice, thanks for the effort in putting this together. Two observations: makes me smh in wonder of how much money people have spent obtaining 7* epic gear teams that started at worldwide launch. Secondly, it was Merry Christmas Scrooge RNG for me on shards today. Three shards in 300 energy at Cantina battles. It all equals out in the end I suppose, but depending on our old friend RNG, a string of bad luck could extend those times substantially as you said.
  • Yeah that's why I stuck to the static times for shipments. RNG is not a friend.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    BTW, if you farm Cantina using the 10 energy battles, you get fewer shards as immediate rewards, but more Cantina credits. An 8-energy battle awards 13, a 10-energy battle awards 17. Thus 120 energy is worth 195 using the cheaper ones, 204 using the pricier ones. This isn't a big difference, but it adds up over time, amounting to around 5 more shards every 44 full energy expenditures.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yup Nice guide @Cpt_Dan. The new plyers, in fact all players can make their own calculations bout getting tip toons up. It is pretty nice on paper what you've said and i do that almost everyday, cuz as you mentioned sometimes GW can get tricky. My only problem is with Cantina because i rarely use refills there. The other side of the math here it would be - how much time you have to spend per day to do as it is stated above. I am close to 54 and have decent squad and it takes me around 2/2.5 hours per day. That time depends on your squad. There is one more thing - the sim tix - if you got them, you can reduce that time. So if you do the math, to get these toons up to 7* you will need around 60/70 hours with a decent team. Ofc this is rough calculation.
  • Yeah I based the numbers on the 10/17 numbers because I figure most will be farming JC or Kylo in 3/4
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    BTW I am not sure where the 260+120 in your Cantina math is coming from. Natural recharge on Cantina energy is a paltry 5 per hour, so one refill equivalent (120) per day.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yeah I have mine down to about 2 hours per day broken up. I do almost all the battles with sims and the do a circuit of GW, Challenges l, and arena so the cool downs end. Sometimes GW will slow me down, like today when I lost like 8 heroes and had to get creative in the last 2 battles. With 3 battles to go all of my healers had died except a lower level talia and Barriss died in the second to last lol.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have my own personal spreadsheet. I figure 1 shard per 3 light/dark mission, and a 40% drop in the Cantina (9.6 buying 1 refill).

It takes 385 shards to 7 star a character so a character with only one "force" mission will take 385 days to 7 star.

Cantina shipments I figure 5.3 or 5.6/5.8 shards per day based on the energy cost (buying 1 refill).

GW I assume I finish every day, so 15 shards a day takes 24 days even to 7 star.

Arena shipments I finish top 50 so I get 10.625 shards per day, however if you can get top 100 the math is simple at 38.5 days to seven star.

You need to start the long farm goals of say Anakin or Barriss ASAP....but you should focus on getting your arena 5 in max gear first...its hard to balance but I would say pick a few (3-5) heroes and always farm them and dump the rest into gear. I buy 2 refills a day.
    Post edited by Randall on
  • So after had a 7* Sid, which one will you farm from Arena Shippment? Thanks
  • Kang0306 wrote: »
    So after had a 7* Sid, which one will you farm from Arena Shippment? Thanks

After Sid is 7 star I'n going to Ventress and then probably Han.

For the long term farms I'd put Dooku ahead of Barriss and Anakin. I don't really like either with the amount of anti Jedi in the current meta.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Cantina is actually 120 + 120
    Recharge time is 12 min, so 4 energy per hour x24 equals 120 not 260
  • Yuri wrote: »
    Cantina is actually 120 + 120
    Recharge time is 12 min, so 4 energy per hour x24 equals 120 not 260
    Oops. I calculated based on 9 minutes per not 12. I'll fix this later today.
  • Kang0306 wrote: »

I am planning on going IG-88, I would go Ventress but I read that she is so slow she is only good if she is leader for a bunch of nightsisters. My other idea was savage opress, apparently though he has good health and damage but no status effects, apparently status effects play a larger role in the end game. IG-88 can do healing immunity and ability block. I also got a 3* IG-88 from my one and only 8 pack chromium pull.
  • Randall wrote: »
    Kang0306 wrote: »

I am planning on going IG-88, I would go Ventress but I read that she is so slow she is only good if she is leader for a bunch of nightsisters. My other idea was savage opress, apparently though he has good health and damage but no status effects, apparently status effects play a larger role in the end game. IG-88 can do healing immunity and ability block. I also got a 3* IG-88 from my one and only 8 pack chromium pull.

Ig88s hp is really low though. Check it out first before the investment
  • This is the kicker when it comes to IG88. As stated above he is very easy to kill even at 7 star. So putting him in a team that can't use his chance at AOE ability block his value dramatically decreases. But if you put him in a full AOE team with Boba his ability block can be the cornerstone of a full two round ability block as IG88 has high speed he will go first. His % + Bobas % means theres a good chance for two rounds the other team will lose 60-100% chance of firing off any ability for two turns. If that happens against a full AOE team the collective damage is so great if the healers can't pop a heal more times than not that team doesnt make it past the 2nd turn. Of course the ability blocks dont always land so its not a beat all synergy. But Ig88 is there because most of the time they do.
  • I don't have either of those heroes but it warms my heart to hear about something other than Sid and Lumi