I urge everyone to stand up

clawsofhonor
370 posts Member
edited April 2016
I see all these forum posters posting who are obviously f2p, talking bout how the update is great, saying things like "adapt or quit" or "you wanted change, and you got it, so stop whining". I say cool. Spenders, just keep playing. However, play free to play. Let the f2p people with the snide comments start financing the game. Anyone want to take vegas odds on whether that will happen or not?? Lmao.

I also have seen a whole bunch of again obviously f2p players swooning over ea giving free gear and 250 crystals, saying they will change back their app store ratings because of ea's largesse and generosity. Wth??? So ea takes the easy way out and tries to buy everyone off with a few crystals that wont even get you a character, gear components we wouldn't need if they had fixed the drop rates like we all have been begging for, and the fixing of challenges back to the way THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TO BEGIN WITH, while not addressing the shield issues, the massive nerf of yoda and others, the fact we were lied to about slow toons getting a buff, and on and on, and you fools and sellouts suddenly sing the praises of ea. Heck, if thats the case, I'll give you each five dollars to go make me the next president of the usa. Stop allowing ea to get away with this. If you all are going to sellout, at least do it for something of value in the game.

As for the rest of the majority, let's burn this game to the ground financially. I see all these f2p loving the update. Like I said before, let them pay money to keep it going. Every spender on here, lets go f2p. I for one can't be bought by some gear and a pathetic amount of crystals. I CAN Be bought by rolling back the update, fixing the existing issues we have all been begging to be fixed (ie the credit crunch, the gw glitch, the gear component drop rates, etc), and making sure that ea doesn't screw the pooch in the future

Replies

• Options
    Sorry for the original title wookie. Fixed this for you
  • Options
    This will be closed quickly. ☺
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • SirBearLag
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You missed a day of challenge gear, maybe two. Shut the **** up and sit down with your pay to win **** and play smart instead. I'm still in the top 10 rankings as a F2P player with the update.
  • Options
    I broke no rules.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    I think you got it a bit mixed. I am f2p and i am very annoyed that devs lied to our face about game balance. Instead of fixing whats wrong, they broke everything in the process. Those who said that update is fine were either people that aren't even max lvl yet, or whales. I'm pretty sure that the biggest whale of them all, someone yoyoyoda or something, made a post that he is very happy with the update.
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Congratulations on your ranking. Now YOU support this game financially since you like the update so much.
  • Options
    Claws. What's it like to let a phone game **** you off so much? Lacking drama in your life perhaps? Have you ever thought about crocheting?
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options

Congratulations on your ranking. Now YOU support this game financially since you like the update so much.

Not the point. If I can still survive with all these changes, why is everyone else dying? I'm not saying I like everything about it, but I can still finish GW with the same team and still uphold my Arena rankings with the same team. Why is everyone crying so hard instead of thinking through the change and changing their strategy?
  • Options
    I'm standing up what's next
  • Options
    Legs are getting tired im sitting back down
  • Options
    Yea few crappy items doesn't make up for a ruined game. It's like giving me bullets for a broken gun... Yea thanks a lot... How bout actually give us our health and stats back.
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    I think you got it a bit mixed. I am f2p and i am very annoyed that devs lied to our face about game balance. Instead of fixing whats wrong, they broke everything in the process. Those who said that update is fine were either people that aren't even max lvl yet, or whales. I'm pretty sure that the biggest whale of them all, someone yoyoyoda or something, made a post that he is very happy with the update.

Sir, I'm sure you know, based on your post that I'm not refering to you. I'm refering to the minority on here who keep saying they are f2p and are happy with the update. I've been reading the forums intently since the update (since the game is junk now, theres nothing else to do), and most of the people happy about the updates have claimed to be f2p with the exception of p2p with deep rosters. Most of the p2p are livid, which is why ea pushed the gear gift in a lame effort to buy everyone off.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Ill keep supporting the game. I do like the update very much.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Just so you know a LOT of f2p players (myself included) are extremely unhappy with the changes. So to assume it's just F2P players who are happy with changes and swooning over EA etc is wrong.
    :) just saying lpl
  • Options
    Jdm1a0 wrote: »
    Ill keep supporting the game. I do like the update very much.

I don't get this^^^^^ why?!! Do you like your hard work to get ruined??
  • Options
    Yea few crappy items doesn't make up for a ruined game. It's like giving me bullets for a broken gun... Yea thanks a lot... How bout actually give us our health and stats back.

You realize the items were compensation for the Challenge difficulty, not for your whining **** about the overall update?
  • Options
    SirBearLag wrote: »

Not the point. If I can still survive with all these changes, why is everyone else dying? I'm not saying I like everything about it, but I can still finish GW with the same team and still uphold my Arena rankings with the same team. Why is everyone crying so hard instead of thinking through the change and changing their strategy?

Because the game philosophy of a number of p2p players (not including anyone in particular, not even the OP, there are sure a lot who don't) is "I throw money at my problems to get rid of them", which includes obtaining stuff chars/gear, instead of "I have this problem, let's see how can I fix/work around it". And it's alway the fault of the others, never lack of skill, imagination, or anything. Never.

@clawsofhonor : I dislike EA, but like most of the bits of the update. Saying that I like the update has little to nothing to do with liking EA. F2P, in case it wasn't clear yet. Here's what you don't seem to get about, at least, some of us F2P. If the game/EA/CG went bankrupt, I couldn't care less. I would move on, this game is entertainment, I play because I like challenges and strategy. My favourite game recently has forced me to start ~20 campaigns to only finish 3 because I got destroyed in the others. Sure, I do enjoy this game, but it going bankrupt because you didn't like the changes isn't probably going to do it, and even if you managed to convince everyone about it, and it closed, fine, I (we)'ll move on.

I'm a sw dev myself, and I really hope the f2p industry dies, so please, feel free to play without paying, I swear you won't make me hate you for not supporting the servers.
  • Options
    Look, up in the sky...
    Dramallama01.jpg
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Options
    What do you hope to accomplish by posting this? I am confident that people posting on these forums are perfectly capable of making their own decisions.

Closing this due to being too close to a petition.
  • Options
    SirBearLag wrote: »
    You missed a day of challenge gear, maybe two. Shut the **** up and sit down with your pay to win **** and play smart instead. I'm still in the top 10 rankings as a F2P player with the update.
    Well because the update would be in your favor... so of course your ranking will not deteriorate... you're undermining your own point (and proving the OP's)...

I for one am holding off of my crystal subscription until the game returns to at least a playable state. Not because I'm bitter over the update. I just think they are very, very poorly implemented to the point of incompetence.

They obviously didn't think this through, failed to test properly before rollout, and chose a timing where they won't be able to properly react. GW is still unplayable. Gear 8 became a huge problem because of leaked information.

I'm voting with my wallet to express my displeasure with their their lack of professionalism.
This discussion has been closed.