Cantina dilemmas

Lorenzo
110 posts Member
Cantina nodes .... I have ren and GS and JC and dooku maxed out. I'm belatedly working on Barris. I'll continue working on her at least till I hit 77. By then I may be close to maxing her out, so this may be somewhat of a moot point. But ....

Barris - I have 90 GW completions, but I just hit another bump (not the only one of course). Reading comments here, Barris seems to be the key to easy GW completions. Finish her? Or

RG - seems absurdly OP for arena at the moment. Not complaining, it is what it is. LONG way to go with him (currently 2*, 20/25). Maybe he'll be nerfed by the time I can max him out (I just hit 74 today) but maybe not. Switch to him when I hit 77?

Cantina shipments - I'm about to max out QGJ. Options after that ... Daka or fives, both currently @ 5*. Which next?

Replies

• have Daka at 6* and Fives at 5*

I use both but Daka is on my A team despite having 8 7* guys, love her
    Hold over heal till Lumi heal ready
    Stuns n then more stuns
    And 6* up tanky enough to survive

Fives great too with assist, good counter rate n damage. Plus HP++
    Problem is his basic super weak
    Plan to use him with Phasma when basic ready to hit level 8 and the double attack on slowed toons
  • Daka first, but both (short answer)
  • Battles: Finish Barris. GW is her second name, then probably go RG. Nerfs come and go, and characters will rise and fall, but you can't predict that. RG's taunt ability will still be worth it after nerfs and buffs, because it's a passively activated taunt. You don't have to spend an action for it, which allows you to additionally try to stun someone. Some teams can benefit from the TM/Expose from the likes of poe/han, but some other teams can better use a support unit with stun that can auto-taunt on demand.

Shipments: I'm quite conflicted among the two. Pre-update, I'd had gone with daka every time (as I have, actually, 3 shards away from 7* with fives at 5/85 to 6*), but post-update, with protection, fives seems to be substantially better. Daka was unchanged for her main purposes (res/stun), just added some survivability. I only use her for the AGI challenge and DS missions, because every time I see her in the arena it's usually a team I can beat easier than teams that have other chars (5s for example). It's also a nice backup utility healer for GW, but rarely needed even with the newer update.

On the other hand, 5s has had a pretty hefty buff to HP (through protection) and at lvl 80 gets multishot. I think it can be a pretty good helper in defending arenas, due to the counter chance and the speed reduction, with insane health, it can be a pain to play against, much more than daka from my point of view.