The negative reaction is NOT going to go away

Prev1345
To whom it may concern,

You individuals in position to make decisions on this game have quite obviously seen that the overwhelming response to the update has been exceptionally negative. This goes beyond a few people being unhappy with change. Your app store ratings have dropped through the basement in 48 hours, p2p customers are locking up their wallets, and even f2p customers are abandoning the app en masse. If you do not address this immediately, you run the risk of the only people remaining being the very small minority who think the update was good. IGNORE THIS AT YOUR FINANCIAL PERIL.

I have been asked by certain individuals to bash the company less, and instead offer constructive suggestions. Here they are. First and most obvious, roll back the update. That is an absolute necessity. Next, fix the existing issues we have all been complaining about for quite a while (the credit crunch, the absurd gear drop rates, gw's difficulty glitch). Fix the arena. This could have been addressed by eliminating ohk on the first round by leaving a 5 or 10% portion of health on first round attacks, or by balancing the meta the way you had promised, by buffing slower characters while nerfing faster characters.. Another issue is the massive nerf of yoda, considering how difficult he is to obtain and max, he never should have been touched. So undo it. If you do these things, I am confident the majority of the player base would be happy until the guild content release.

Lastly, I understand you decision makers are in control of what happens in the game, so the perceived power lies with you. Realistically, the power lies with the players, f2p and p2p alike. We control the profit, and we control the ratings. If we are angry, like we are currently, we stop spending and your profits disappear. If we are angry, we give bad ratings, and new money never appears. You are making a very dangerous gamble. I for one want to see this app succeed, however I know human psychology and I know business. Please, for the sake of this app, get it together before it's too late. Thank you

Replies

• I don't think the update is that bad. My main complaint is that tanks are now insanely tanky so you run the risk of drawing in arena now. I was annoyed that RP now hits much less hard but that's across the board all are hitting more weakly. I feel like this update needed to happen though for long term reasons as it will create more diversity and strategy as time passes. I think that as people continue to play, the tweaks that need to be made will be.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    I like the update
  • Baal wrote: »
    I like the update

+1
  • Dan_Miller
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I am a moderate spender, about $120 over the past 5 months, so no whale over here but probably higher than the average. I liked how all of the previous updates slightly changed the meta, key word slightly. They were not only a fishing technique to entice us to pay for new characters, we gladly did, but refreshed the game. This tried to do that but was waaaaaay too extreme, especially a week from the lvl cap rise. You don't have to revert, but maybe just need the protection to the amount you have nerfed/boosted in the previous update? OHKO did need a change, but not this.

Please don't merge this, it "nerfs" the effect...I guess like the rest I will say no more monies until some change. Everything takes too long, this is an app game dude! Not leveling, the missions, gw, etc. Something to play on the potty! This isn't skyrim. But we appreciate the free stuff yesterday.
    "Everyone is going to love the new me." - Kylo Ren
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't even have 7* Yoda yet and I'm disappointed. I've been farming those 5 Jedi for months getting them to the proper star level, and now I'm not sure I'll even put Yoda in my arena squad. I'm thinking about stopping the Barriss farm and finishing GS instead. I actually spent a few bucks getting all my Jedi to 6* last time. Never again.

Also devs, fix the level 8 gear issue for people who didn't precraft. Thinking about farming 100 total pieces of gear for one slot makes me nauseous. All that wasted energy.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    I quite like the update. Arena is way better now and there is no guarantee for those that farmed the before update 'meta' team. As for GW and challenges, I have had no issues. They take a little longer sure but challenges are still auto and GW takes more thought rather than simply a wide roster.

Credit crunch? It doesn't exist unless you are a milleniel and want everything 'now'. Complete GW every day and there is enough to tier and star a wide range of toons. Given the pace of levelling to 80, it also allows you to bring your A team and extras.

Human psychology and business? The same vitreol presented on most of the posts on this forum has been sprouted about World of Tanks every time they change something. I have been playing that game for 3+ years now and still enjoy it. For every player that leaves, there are 2 that join.

While EA probably has flaws, they are generally doing a great job with this game.
  • herbert79 wrote: »
    I don't think the update is that bad. My main complaint is that tanks are now insanely tanky so you run the risk of drawing in arena now. I was annoyed that RP now hits much less hard but that's across the board all are hitting more weakly. I feel like this update needed to happen though for long term reasons as it will create more diversity and strategy as time passes. I think that as people continue to play, the tweaks that need to be made will be.

I am a fan of the update as well. And I think you bring up a very valid point, when the player base reaches 80 and the majority of the player base breaks the gear VIII barrier things will be quite a bit different than they are now. I personally enjoy the tanks with the high hp. It adds an element to the game on defense. If people are struggling with the timer, maybe they need to revaluate the characters they are bringing to the table!
  • The people I play with are pretty happy.. Well except for the fact that I don't have a hat. :|
  • Kurgen wrote: »
    I quite like the update. Arena is way better now and there is no guarantee for those that farmed the before update 'meta' team. As for GW and challenges, I have had no issues. They take a little longer sure but challenges are still auto and GW takes more thought rather than simply a wide roster.

Credit crunch? It doesn't exist unless you are a milleniel and want everything 'now'. Complete GW every day and there is enough to tier and star a wide range of toons. Given the pace of levelling to 80, it also allows you to bring your A team and extras.

Human psychology and business? The same vitreol presented on most of the posts on this forum has been sprouted about World of Tanks every time they change something. I have been playing that game for 3+ years now and still enjoy it. For every player that leaves, there are 2 that join.

While EA probably has flaws, they are generally doing a great job with this game.

I love WOT as well, but the big difference is that game is 70% more skill than this. Not saying that this game doesnt have some degree of skill, but they are nerfing 6 months of work to some to a quite drastic measure. Of course there is going to be a lot of backlash
    "Everyone is going to love the new me." - Kylo Ren
  • Been playing since December. Update works for me. I do think GW protection is a bit wonky, but I'm still completing it. And I agree yoda could regain some strength given how much work goes into getting him. He's not "worthless" by any means as many have been +1ing, but still.
  • Eh. I'm concerned about max level GW when I get there, but that is about it. I've had an easier time in arena the last two days. The challenges seem good now (after fix) and I have plenty of other gear to worry about before I even think about level 9 and 10. I'm very happy with the Ewoks event and the Omega event. Overall, I'm enjoying things more now than a few days ago.
  • The people I play with are pretty happy.. Well except for the fact that I don't have a hat. :|

You need a hat. Definitely
  • I can't do anything but draw in arena, the arena daily rewards are less than they were, protection is a joke, gw and challenges are all but impossible, every character with a name is awful, all the no names are OP. Everyone who has paid money, including me, has discovered they invested in virtual **** after 4/14.
  • Over all I like the update.
  • WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ...the arena daily rewards are less than they were...

Nope. Total reward is the same, you just have to complete 3 battles to earn all of it.
    Everyone who has paid money, including me, has discovered they invested in virtual **** after 4/14.

Nope again. Just your opinion, which cannot possibly include "Everyone".

You're disappointed, and you are entitled to your feelings, but it doesn't change reality. A majority of the forum members are not happy with the update, but there is a sizeable group who are reasonably happy within (and not all of us are whales).
  • Baal wrote: »
    I like the update

I can't complain. In the top 10 in arena for first time.

I know! :)

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Stopped reading OP at "massive nerf of Yoda", as this shows that OP clearly has no idea what s/he's talking about, and is just trying to speculate in a way that sounds really authoritative. Which is exactly what this forum doesn't need at all right now.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Kurgen wrote: »

I'm curious what generation you're from that grants you the omnipotence to be able to come to a definitive conclusion that not only does something not exist, but that people who say otherwise are from a specific generation.

For one toon from 74 to 75 it costs 213k credits. GW grants ~550k credits. That means for one day of GW you only able to level two toons a single level.

With a new landscape, people are attempting to find the new fotm squad. Doing so is incredibly expensive.
    - 4* -> 5* = 250k
    - 5* -> 6* = 500k
    - 6* -> 7* = 1 mil
    The total cost of leveling from 1 to 75 (where I'm currently at) is 3,358,584.

So let's say, you want to try just one new toon in this changed landscape. The total cost of going from 1 to 75 and 4* to 7* is 5,108,584 credits. That's 10 days of GW for just one toon; and that doesn't even count the credits it requires to gear and level abilities.

Now if there were only a few toons to play with or only a single game mode. You might have a valid argument. But this game has over 70 toons with multiple game modes that have different requirements.

But yea, it's just millenials... :|
  • My main issue is you fundamentally change a game where people have invested money in. If you are going to do that, you need to compensate them in a way to allow them to make adjustments to still play at the same level.
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    But yea, it's just millenials... :|

At least you got that right. :sunglasses:

Great response. I agree with all you said.

I know! :)

I would buy hats. Pass it on.

As to your personal experiences, congratulations. You are in the minority. As for me being a millennial, hardly. I detest everything they stand for. However these fixes are what the COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE have been begging for. As to your statement that more will come, with a 2 star rating or less, some may still come, but it will not be the spenders EAwants to attract. If theres no profit, theres no game. EA was doing an average job. Until now. AVERAGE. They are now FAILING, as is evident by the ratings, reviews, and rough visual estimate of 4 players hating the update for every 1 that likes it, as well as the numerous forum polls overwhelmingly showing vast disapproval
  • The other option that offers f2p to participate in the shaming is to go to your app store, given the game 1* and write a true review. This method will drop the game out of high ratings and players won't be able to find it anymore. This, along with wallet closing, should be effective. Clearly they do not read the forums.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Kurgen wrote: »

+1, quoted for truth and also for great justice.

Hard to respect "gamers" who get upset over challenges suddenly becoming challenging, levels getting increasingly more expensive to gain, and Galactic War missing an instant "I-win"-button.

Back in my days we only had the Nintendo hotline to help us get past that hopeless Death in Castlevania. And the line was always busy.

I got all 108 characters from Suikoden 1 without consulting some stupid guide, and I can still reproduce the entire Legend of Zelda overworld map from memory alone! What has this got to do with the topic? Absolutely nothing, but it's a good story from the good old days. Now I'm off to yell at my emulator.
    3204840swsw.gif
  • The other option that offers f2p to participate in the shaming is to go to your app store, given the game 1* and write a true review. This method will drop the game out of high ratings and players won't be able to find it anymore. This, along with wallet closing, should be effective. Clearly they do not read the forums.

I like it, it's my last resort before rage quitting, the change is too much, overnight I went from loving the game to hating the game. The protection bars seem to have made the game completely reliant on chance. Off to write a review.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Stopped reading OP at "massive nerf of Yoda", as this shows that OP clearly has no idea what s/he's talking about, and is just trying to speculate in a way that sounds really authoritative. Which is exactly what this forum doesn't need at all right now.

So you don't agree that yoda has been nerfed on his damage in a big way?? The majority of players who have him, myself included, would disagree. Also, before you come back with "Well he's speedy so he should be nerfed", try to keep in mind (a) its yoda and (b) considering it takes people massive amounts of grinding and time, and the last 2 battles are extremely difficult he is the one toon that should not be touched as he is supposed to be op for what people have to do to get him

I did that. The response on app store has been brutal
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »

So you don't agree that yoda has been nerfed on his damage in a big way?? The majority of players who have him, myself included, would disagree. Also, before you come back with "Well he's speedy so he should be nerfed", try to keep in mind (a) its yoda and (b) considering it takes people massive amounts of grinding and time, and the last 2 battles are extremely difficult he is the one toon that should not be touched as he is supposed to be op for what people have to do to get him

You fail to take into account that Yoda's AOE was crazy powerful and wasn't intended to be. Now it's as powerful as other Jedi AOE. Which is exactly right. Yoda's other skills weren't nerfed too hard, and after trying him out a lot my impression is that his power in the new economy is very close to where it was before.

And no, this clearly is not a game where there's supposed to be any truly OP toons. Vader is much harder to farm than Yoda. Grievous is worst of them all. None of them is considered OP. So just please educate yourself a little before creating high strung threads, trying to tell game developers about their own game.