Change to arena timers

Peempo
403 posts Member
Sooo the most recent update to increase game speed is great, but with the huge increase in high hp and protection tanks, it's still made it impossible to finish some teams in 5m. I just fought my #1 for instance, by the time the timer went off I was winning 5v2 and the opponent still had 2 high health toons alive. I'm trying so hard to like it but things like this are definitely a detriment to the game.

Replies

• Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree. They could at least add 1 min or 2 min to take into account the fact that they added protection stats
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No need to change arena timer. There should be losses or draws, as otherwise there would be no defence. The idea is that with the right team, you must have a chance on defence not to lose (which includes outlasting the timer).

It is already significantly easier to win arena on offence than before. There should be a chance to at least get a draw, otherwise it would always be an offence win
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    May I ask what your team is? My experience is usually 2 minutes tops with all the Dooku dance party going on. I feel five minutes may be over kill.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't timed out yet. I don't think it's really an issue.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Atm I'm using baris(l), Qgj, yoda, mace and 5s, all g9. Lvl 74.

My servers current #1 is using bariss(L), rg, 5s, old Ben and leia.
    #2 is using dooku(L), Rg, 5s, Rey, GS
    #3 is using dooku (l), rg, GS, daka, qgj.

I can beat all but the #1 in the alotted time generally, but if the Dodge RNG isn't on my side good luck.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Atm I'm using baris(l), Qgj, yoda, mace and 5s, all g9. Lvl 74.

My servers current #1 is using bariss(L), rg, 5s, old Ben and leia.
    #2 is using dooku(L), Rg, 5s, Rey, GS
    #3 is using dooku (l), rg, GS, daka, qgj.

I can beat all but the #1 in the alotted time generally, but if the Dodge RNG isn't on my side good luck.

I see where you are coming from, when the Dodge RNG kicks in, it can be frustrating and time consuming. This is one of the main reasons I switched to Dooku, Rey, GS, QGJ and especially Han. Han speeds that madness up quickly as long as you take out opposing QGJ.
  • Options
    I don't know what to think of the "draw" potential. Part of me thinks it's a valid form of defense, even clever. It's not easy to get that team of tanks to the top - they have to win matches (in the time limit) to get there. Also, it introduces an extra element of offensive strategy: how to set up the match so you can finish on auto. In some cases, you have to get the match to 5v3 put buffs/debuffs in place, and then press auto to finish in time. Those seem like interesting matches so far, but I've only fought 2-3 like that. So far I actually like having to fight the clock in some matches, and a team of tanks would otherwise never win with an infinite amount of time, so it adds potential diversity. I reserve the right to change my mind in a couple weeks. :)
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been throwing 7* Han in my squad sometimes as well, just doesn't seem to be defending as well
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know what to think of the "draw" potential. Part of me thinks it's a valid form of defense, even clever. It's not easy to get that team of tanks to the top - they have to win matches (in the time limit) to get there. Also, it introduces an extra element of offensive strategy: how to set up the match so you can finish on auto. In some cases, you have to get the match to 5v3 put buffs/debuffs in place, and then press auto to finish in time. Those seem like interesting matches so far, but I've only fought 2-3 like that. So far I actually like having to fight the clock in some matches, and a team of tanks would otherwise never win with an infinite amount of time, so it adds potential diversity. I reserve the right to change my mind in a couple weeks. :)

You don't have to get to the top with the tanks though, just use a heavily offensive team to get there, then play your last match with the high hp stall team.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Sooo the most recent update to increase game speed is great, but with the huge increase in high hp and protection tanks, it's still made it impossible to finish some teams in 5m. I just fought my #1 for instance, by the time the timer went off I was winning 5v2 and the opponent still had 2 high health toons alive. I'm trying so hard to like it but things like this are definitely a detriment to the game.

No... adding additional time to the timer defeats the purpose of some players strategies. If you can't end a match within the allotted time. That is the individual players fault, and not the fault of the game. You need to figure out where your weaknesses are, and fix them. Instead of complaining about it. Most my friends, and some others I've spoken to who play. Are able to finish the matches in 2-3 minutes max.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Let's hear a strategy to beat that #1 I mentioned in the allotted time ;)