RG prediction

Prev1
With RG in cantina, i foresee a horrible future where everyone has RG. Squad arena will be a **** nightmare.... Nerfs will be asked for left and right and as a result RG will get nerfed. This makes me sad since ive been farming him since even before he got his buff. I saw his potential then and now hes going to become garbage soon enough :/

Replies

• ubn87
    314 posts Member
    He's not OP and as we level and progress everyone will see that with higher dps he will go down as everyone else.

It's just now when we have him precrafted that he can seem little bit op
  • Citoak
    49 posts Member
    ubn87 wrote: »
    He's not OP and as we level and progress everyone will see that with higher dps he will go down as everyone else.

^this_is_true^
  • Thats actually a good point. Thank you. He does seem OP atm
  • I wouldn't worry about it just yet, have you tried cantina mission 6-G since the update? I don't think there is a squad in the game capable of 3 starring that just yet (luckily I had it 3 starred pre update) since that is full of level 75 gear level 11 characters I dread to think what level 7 cantina battles will consist of, I'll find out towards the end of next week when I hit level 77...
  • St han is far more OP with protection. If he gets his taunt off you can bet on about 5 or 6 extra attacks.
  • It depends on your team. I use ST HAN but Dooku team uses RG due to the dodge stuff.
  • How would ST and Rg do in the same team?
  • @President_Scroob very well as long as you have Rey, GS, etc to deal some damage with all the TM
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    @President_Scroob very well as long as you have Rey, GS, etc to deal some damage with all the TM

I have GS, no Rey. Was thinking Dooku for dodge, and then Fives for maxium tankiness
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    I fear Han way more than RG. If Han goes and lives a round or 2. You will be annihilated.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • You have to be careful with fives and another tank. Damage output suffers. The first day of the update I couldn't climb any higher than 7th. The last battles became draws as both fights had an enemy healer. All tank and no damage lol. So running 3 tanks seems like a serious dps deficit
  • Once fives hits 76 that damage deficit goes away
  • Which one is the better tank (RG or Han) in the squad of Poggle(L), GS, ig-88 an ig-86? @Hendiju @VeridianShakes

I was thinking of farming RG, but it's such a pain ;P so I might go for Han instead. I have saved about 16.000 Arena tokens hoping for a new OP character with the update, but **** it, I'll spend them all now :smile:
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Once fives hits 76 that damage deficit goes away

I hope so. Because I have a bad **** 73 5's lol maxed for his level currently.

• Which one is the better tank (RG or Han) in the squad of Poggle(L), GS, ig-88 an ig-86? @Hendiju @VeridianShakes

I was thinking of farming RG, but it's such a pain ;P so I might go for Han instead. I have saved about 16.000 Arena tokens hoping for a new OP character with the update, but **** it, I'll spend them all now :smile:

Han without doubt
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    I don't even flinch when I see an RG team. As long as you can dispel his taunts enough times to kill the hardest hitters it's a cake walk. QGJ humbling blow only has 2 cooldowns and he's fast enough.

Then all the opposing team's left with Mr. Wet Noodle standing there alone. lol

• You saw his potential huh? :)
  • Bradford30080
    404 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Basically rg and rey and take your pick with supports. Some guy just autoed the whole galactic war with this. RG is ridiculous. You have a 25% chance of beating a team with rg without qgj lead (which i dont) or maxed droid team (nope). Debuffs are ventress and NI on my team and they barely hit
  • So is Dooku everyone wants him to be nerfed even more
  • I dont have many ways to vary my squad but i guess i gotta spring for qgj to break top 50. I can stay 50-100 with ventress lead, daka, NI, lumi and gs all 6 or 7!stars. Imdo have a maxed phasma, 6 star poggle and ahsoka but who would i sub for who?
  • Lol OP saw his potential before his buff :D
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Lol OP saw his potential before his buff :D

I call ugnaught the next meta! :D
  • RG gets wrecked by qgj's dispel ....
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    We all know what's coming!!! Everyone will farm RG and once they see that most have him, he'll be nerfed and you'll switch to someone else.

They've done this with plenty of characters. The purpose is to give spenders an exclusive for a while to appease them. Remember when Ben and Lando were OP back in the day and now they're farmable and everyone says their bunk now...
  • I think RG is better then Han, Han is easy to burn RG put a healer in there and it's pretty hard.

Look I don't believe in crying nerf, but I do think all the tanks should have their thing. If everyone gets RG it's because it's thing is much better...

I understand when you like a toon before it goes for stardom it's scary because he will get nerfed... Happened to me with Dooku...
  • Now i have half of my GW filled with RG. In 2 weeks he ll be from node 1. Thats where hell break lose
  • ubn87 wrote: »

Amen
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    RG is only in 1 of 5 groups in the top 5 on my shard (November shard) more droids now and QGJ, so by the logic of the nerf supporters I guess droids and QGJ need a good nerfin!!
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    And luminara lead dodges as much as Dooku lead and she heals the damage I do and is in a lot of teams so let's get her too. Oh and Barriss can heal toons heal blocked so let's get rid of her too. yoda is the only toon to give immunity from negative effects, so he needs it too..

• ubn87 wrote: »

True. However I would say that for a toon with a near guaranteed stun for a basic ability, it is pretty ridiculous he can't be stunned himself. His tenacity is stoopidly high.