Something wrong with FOTP?

Prev1
AdamW
692 posts Member
He is doing much less damage than before the update, mine is 7* lvl 74 gear 8, and has even hit for 1800 on a non tank jedi.

I thought he was suppose to get a damage buff to compensate his slow speed.

He also loses Advantage immediately if proced on his double tap ability. His second attack from double attack also gains no benefit from advantage.

Advantage in itself just a mess right now. Someone please confirm.

Replies

• That's basically what happened to him post update. Advantage piercing defense really stoked his dmg, the automatic crit isn't near the same buff.
  • GCor71
    49 posts Member
    Yes, my first order team sucks! Every toon is horrible now! Rey, and GS is the only ones that's still competitive. IMO
  • Armorvalues and defense matter a lot now and advantage was changed to give one crit meaning the crit only stays for the first of the attacks. Hope that cleared thing up a bit
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Yea even still, thats pretty low. Thats less damage than Savage who compensates his damage with a large health pool. Its almost on par with Barris lol, 1800 for a glass cannon should be impossible.

Also he is suppose to have Advantage for 3 turns when gained from himself, and 2 turns when gained from Phasma. So far it dissapears immediately, at the very least it should buff him for his entire double tap basic attack.
  • my FOTP still hits for 3-4k on most targets (non-crit) in arena. are you sure they didn't have defense up or something?
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »
    my FOTP still hits for 3-4k on most targets (non-crit) in arena. are you sure they didn't have defense up or something?

Good point I dont remember if it was or not, that could be what happened. Thanks for the input.

If anyone has any experiences like this one where defense up wasnt involved, please let us know.
  • Alita wrote: »
    my FOTP still hits for 3-4k on most targets (non-crit) in arena. are you sure they didn't have defense up or something?

That sounds about right, my 6* max FOTP hits for 2.4k on basic, like 3.6k on crit. Still a significant reduction, especially since his double shot is less likely now that advantage only lasts 1 turn.
  • Yes, FOTP stand now with the likes of Resistance Trooper or Ugnaugt. I am sorry for all that farmed him based on his high damage profile-he was described as such and now his regular does even less that IG-86 but is extremely squishy, his bonuses don't matter and has no synergy with any team.
  • Alita wrote: »

I have him maxed and he crits for 4.3 to 4.8 and he rarely crits in general, vs 6-8k in the past...add to that that enemy now has double the HP, he is squishy...and he is slow. It was a bad move by the devs to just make him overall worst without anything added to make it up, finally killing the char.
  • MTan
    42 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    FOTP is now in a poor place. Hits like a wet noodle, has low hp and thus low survivability. He crits 4k+ now and hits 1.8k non crit. Mine is 7* gear 8. Way overtuned at these levels (mines 76)

Glass cannon to glass ornament, which will become GW fodder if hes ever needed there.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Shame been working on FOTP for last 2 months only just got him to 6* sigh
  • He got nerfed
  • i have a full max FOTP that i has been on my arena squad for at least a montg.

hes terrible now.

i would be ok w it but rey is still a beast... it makes no sense
  • i have a full max FOTP that i has been on my arena squad for at least a montg.

hes terrible now.

Rey is a star of Episode 7, somewhat an iconic char. FOTP is a no name one.
  • Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    i have a full max FOTP that i has been on my arena squad for at least a montg.

hes terrible now.

This. I'm sure it makes me a fan boy, but I want the main characters from the movies/shows to be the best in the game. Here's hoping for scoundrel Han and jedi Luke as the next meta.

hes terrible now.

Thats fine for the movie, but bad for the game. No point in having a few all powerful characters that everyone would use, with the others being trash. Balance is what's important. Fotp had his place as a glass cannon, meaning very little health, and massive damage, the low health being the balancing factor. Now it seems he's just glass. It makes even less sense when he's such a hard to farm character.
  • So they don't follow the lore in any of the rest of the game and it's OK now? That's laughable. He has less hard nodes than Rey. GS is easily farmable from the cantina and yet they nerf the hardest one to get. He's also the slowest of the three and yet somehow he was the hardest hit by the nerfs. The combination of the change in advantage plus the damage reduction was too much and hurt him significantly.
  • Yeah I have had to decommission him. No longer viable in arena

It's not rocket surgery.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

hes terrible now.

Old Ben is more iconic than Rey and he's the wet noodle king. Darth Vader's basic is pretty much trash at 4*.

I don't think the devs take character popularity into consideration when it comes to things like this.
  • Fotp = garbage

hes terrible now.

im talking about making sense for game balance --

rey and fotp before patch were both hard hitters - rey had a little more speed and fotp prolly hit a wee bit harder

now they nerf fotp (who is slow) and do nothing to rey who is very fast? thats what makes no sense

i also have FINN who is ICONIC and LORE - but nobody seems to be **** about him..
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member

hes terrible now.

This. I'm sure it makes me a fan boy, but I want the main characters from the movies/shows to be the best in the game. Here's hoping for scoundrel Han and jedi Luke as the next meta.

I'm disappointed bc I've been farming FOTP, but I have to agree. I think I would be ok with the fotp nerd if they also nerfed the bug.
  • JJWZP5 wrote: »

hes terrible now.

I'm disappointed bc I've been farming FOTP, but I have to agree. I think I would be ok with the fotp nerd if they also nerfed the bug.

Fotp didn't have to be needed though. His high damage was balanced by his abysmal health and being slower than a potato. For the movies it's OK to have the stars be stronger, but for the sake of balance in a holotable game it really isn't. Damage was the only thing going for him and that was nerfed, though strangely much faster Rey and gs, who also hit very hard didn't see as much of a reduction.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    There could be a silver lining for those who were not finished farming him. By the time it takes you to finish him they could turn around and give him a buff. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it couldn't happen for him.
  • IG-86/GS/REY are the ones to use
  • I haven't faced one in arena yet, but a lvl75 FOTP caused me plenty of problems in GW earlier today in a Phasma L team with RG.

Just because he can't OHKO anymore doesnt mean he's suddenly useless. He's just balanced.
  • I haven't faced one in arena yet, but a lvl75 FOTP caused me plenty of problems in GW earlier today in a Phasma L team with RG.

Just because he can't OHKO anymore doesnt mean he's suddenly useless. He's just balanced.

So because you fought him with a weakened team in GW he was justly balanced? Do you have a 7* fotp? Cause I feel like you'd sing a different tune if you did.
  • It's a joke! Greedo is now twice as good as FOTP! It took me months to max Tie out, when I could have worked on someone else. The Kents
  • Shameful nerf. Really unneeded and a slap in the face for customers/players/supporters. He wasn't even OP in any way just viable. I had a maxed 6* and Lareau didn't use it in Arena.

Where is the respect and logic?
  • I wrote this in the "Bugs" forum...
    I have FOTP 6* G8, maxed attacks (I'm 6 shards & 1mill away from 7*). Today, in GW with Phasma's advantage and QGJ offense up, he hit for 1700 and only shot once per attack -no crits.
    In arena, each time he crit w/ offense up and advantage, he special'd for a whopping 1900(!). I had to bench him from arena squad.
    Wth?!?! Those are Bariss, RG and 5's type numbers but without all of the hit points/stuns/counter attacks/heals. SMH.
    Oh and when he does double tap it's like, maybe 1500 plus 2200z wth?!?! Argh.