New Player help

Hi guys, just started playing and am wondering how I should be progressing.

Currently team is
Barriss Offee 4* lv 9
Poe Dameron 3* lv 8
CW Chewie 3* lv 7
Jawa 3* lv 6
Ewok Scout 1* lv 6

Just started World 2 normal.
Should I grind anything yet? Or just progress through the storyline and keep leveling my dudes?

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    When I started I would grind for gear. I started missions when I needed gear from that mission. All my energy went toward farming gear. I still focus on gear because I'm now at VII >>>VIII and it takes 20 and 50 pieces of gear for one slot.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. Also be sure to get your main teams abilities up to level 3 or higher. I liked to focus on strong atackers and healing ability.
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    When I started I would grind for gear. I started missions when I needed gear from that mission. All my energy went toward farming gear. I still focus on gear because I'm now at VII >>>VIII and it takes 20 and 50 pieces of gear for one slot.

So I should just be looking to upgrade the slots on all my characters? Should I look to replace any right away?
  • Options
    whatever you do until 20 lvl is to learn the game and to figure out your chars. You are going to get Talia soon so don't be in a hurry. IMO the game is much more interesting at its early stage. Go for gear, upgrade your abilities, try your team and find what you like bout your chars. Sooo at the begining you should ply until you don't have anything else to do - when you used all of your energy. If you are F2P player save your crystals until you have 1400 i thing to buy 4x chromium pack.
  • Options
    OK cool. Ya I have Talia now.
    My current mindset is to keep my 3/4 stars at max level and get their gear.

I read something about Rey being given to us? I could surely use her!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is not being given as far as I know. Once the holiday challenge is completed only 10 shards will be given.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Rey is not being given as far as I know. Once the holiday challenge is completed only 10 shards will be given.

Ahh darn. Well I'll just use what I have then! Thanks!
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    whatever you do until 20 lvl is to learn the game and to figure out your chars. You are going to get Talia soon so don't be in a hurry. IMO the game is much more interesting at its early stage. Go for gear, upgrade your abilities, try your team and find what you like bout your chars. Sooo at the begining you should ply until you don't have anything else to do - when you used all of your energy. If you are F2P player save your crystals until you have 1400 i thing to buy 4x chromium pack.

This is the worst advice ever. DO NOT blow your crystals on chromium packs. They are lottery tickets that will rarely give you any character you can advance with out paying lots of money.

Use your purple crystals to do two energy rebuys a day at 50/per. And one cantina rebuy for 100 if have xtra. Focus on staring chewy or talia early till 4 stars. Pick one hero from arena and galactic war shipment. Usually luminara and sid. Farm cantina 3a for jc stars and pick one hero from cantina shipments. Focus on getting one team of 5 strong ASAP not a bunch of characters. GL!
  • Options
    Llewella wrote: »

This is the worst advice ever. DO NOT blow your crystals on chromium packs. They are lottery tickets that will rarely give you any character you can advance with out paying lots of money.

Use your purple crystals to do two energy rebuys a day at 50/per. And one cantina rebuy for 100 if have xtra. Focus on staring chewy or talia early till 4 stars. Pick one hero from arena and galactic war shipment. Usually luminara and sid. Farm cantina 3a for jc stars and pick one hero from cantina shipments. Focus on getting one team of 5 strong ASAP not a bunch of characters. GL!

Sweet. Thanks for the info!
    I guess I have to wait a bit until I unlock cantina haha
    And a team of 5 strong of Dark or Light or a combo of both?

Not sure if it's more important to compete in squads or story mode.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Combo of Both i.e. You're arena team. Your arena rank determines the amount of crystals available
    Post edited by Llewella on
  • Options

So basically have the exact same team as everyone else.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options

So basically have the exact same team as everyone else.

Not everyone wants to pay to win.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Options
    @thephantomewok

You can win without those heroes. Make your own team. There are many, many heroes who are farmable and competitive in Arena, you just have to take a chance on them.

I cant wait for attackoftheewok and revengeoftheewok btw.
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @thephantomewok

You can win without those heroes. Make your own team. There are many, many heroes who are farmable and competitive in Arena, you just have to take a chance on them.

I cant wait for attackoftheewok and revengeoftheewok btw.

Of course you can win without those heroes, your defense will be even more garbage though. The hard part about this game is maintaining your rank not offense. Droid teams can be gimmicky and get you far but once people remember your name you'll get completely wrecked by anti droid teams. I'm interested in what your team is. Let's see you taking a chance, and giving up easy defenses. Post who you use.

Also like I said not all of us pay to win. Getting stars on those characters after establishing a base team takes forever. If you're in the lower levels sure, go for it, but if you decide to do it from 40-50's, you'll drop ranks by a significant amount since everyone else will be gaining stars and you'll be creating a side project.
  • Options
    @thephantomewok

I use Ahsoka, Luminara (hypocrite, I know), Asajj, Talia, Old Daka.

I used to be ranked 400-600 and in the past few days I've moved up to the 200 mark. 138 at rewards today. My server reached level 60 about a week ago and I'm now level 54. I've only ever bought the seven day subscription pack once, hardly pay to win.

P.S. I only used Luminara because I got her from a Chromium pull, before I even opened Galactic War and before the massive hype about her started. When I eventually did start GW I didn't like any of the other heroes available so I decided to star her up and see what happened.

I'm just so sick of the cookie cutter Sidious, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Chewie, Dooku teams.

P.P.S. I really don't get why everyone thinks you're a troll, and I've only ever had normal discussions with you. I wasn't being facetious when I said I can't wait for your new ewok names.

I'm not suggesting level 40s start a new team from scratch, that would take weeks to get to their current level. I'm suggesting that new players try new strategies with new heroes or they will be stuck with the SidLumJCChewDoo team until they reach level cap and beyond.
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @thephantomewok

I use Ahsoka, Luminara (hypocrite, I know), Asajj, Talia, Old Daka.

I used to be ranked 400-600 and in the past few days I've moved up to the 200 mark. 138 at rewards today. My server reached level 60 about a week ago and I'm now level 54. I've only ever bought the seven day subscription pack once, hardly pay to win.

P.S. I only used Luminara because I got her from a Chromium pull, before I even opened Galactic War and before the massive hype about her started. When I eventually did start GW I didn't like any of the other heroes available so I decided to star her up and see what happened.

I'm just so sick of the cookie cutter Sidious, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Chewie, Dooku teams.

P.P.S. I really don't get why everyone thinks you're a troll, and I've only ever had normal discussions with you. I wasn't being facetious when I said I can't wait for your new ewok names.

I'm not suggesting level 40s start a new team from scratch, that would take weeks to get to their current level. I'm suggesting that new players try new strategies with new heroes or they will be stuck with the SidLumJCChewDoo team until they reach level cap and beyond.

I'm 100% f2p, and I'm ranked 24 right now, and I just turned level 54 an hour ago and I play mostly 57+ pay to win teams(right now the guys above and below me are 57 and 59, and I got this rank at 53). I can screenshot and prove it to you if you want. Literally 99% of the players I play are pay to win, 99% have Barriss, Kylo, etc, and yes the cookie cutter team might be boring, but it works, and the high power squad levels ward enough people away to constantly stay in the top 50 and get the gems you need and arena tokens. Remember like I said to be successful in arena it's 99% about maintaining rank. You want people to choose other teams over you, and a high power squad rate can do this.

Talia is a godawful character, and running 3 healers without barriss is just a no. Your team will be remembered and manipulated to death in arena by sid users. Sure you can play teams you like and just have have fun, but it's going to take you ages to progress without the extra gems and arena tokens unless you're buying gems. If you want to be successful 100% f2p and level up/star up at a good rate going for the cookie cutter options are just far better in my experience at least.
  • Options
    I believe you, but who's in your squad? Just curious.
  • Options
    I believe you, but who's in your squad? Just curious.

I'll post a screenshot later anyways, so I can show off my ewok elder :). My fave character by far, and my hero of GW.

Chewie
    Sid
    Lumi
    Consular
    Bobba

I'm currently replacing Bobba with Luke, and I need to replace Chewie with someone.. I want to replace him with Kylo but Consular and Luke will already fight over shards.
  • Options
    You should just replace Boba with Dooku then you'll have a great team :wink:

Luke info incoming.
  • Options
    You should just replace Boba with Dooku then you'll have a great team :wink:

Luke info incoming.

I'm 100% f2p. No dooku for me, and he has no star potential so I wouldnt use him if I got him for ree. Cant wait for my luke.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I was being facetious that time.

Anyway.
    Luke is pretty good. He hits hard, and that's about it. He is sort of like the light side Savage Opress. I needed to get rid of my clone sergeant so I swapped him for Luke, plus he is a useful addition to Galactic War. He doesn't crit very much, but I may need to upgrade his passive some more to increase that chance. Or he may need a leader like Sidious who will increase hit crit chance, which is great for you.

http://imgur.com/a/I73pN

Some basic info on him at a low level.
  • Options
    I was being facetious that time.

Anyway.
    Luke is pretty good. He hits hard, and that's about it. He is sort of like the light side Savage Opress. I needed to get rid of my clone sergeant so I swapped him for Luke, plus he is a useful addition to Galactic War. He doesn't crit very much, but I may need to upgrade his passive some more to increase that chance. Or he may need a leader like Sidious who will increase hit crit chance, which is great for you.

http://imgur.com/a/I73pN

Some basic info on him at a low level.

Im about to upload my stuff, I'm interested in seeing what your arena looks like from 20-50 and your squad list. Post it if you can.
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333
    http://i.imgur.com/BHITofM.jpg

I finished at rank 20 5 mins before prizes, and some level 58 pay to win guy took my spot in the last 3 minutes lol picking on a level 53 and sent me a friend request to try and rub it in. Nothing more annoying than when a pay to win guy 5 levels higher tries and act like he just accomplished something by beating a f2p player 5 levels lower, and he was rank 24 so he clearly had other options.

http://i.imgur.com/vaphQTA.jpg-main squad

http://i.imgur.com/8LHt0FH.jpg-Ewok Squad
    Gotta level my ewok up, but trust me this guy is one of my top tier toons.
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/a/DVH45

Going to bed now, I'll respond in 13 hours or so.
  • thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    http://imgur.com/a/DVH45

Going to bed now, I'll respond in 13 hours or so.

Can you also post rank 35-45? I'm curious on what levels other servers are at. I'm in a fairly new one, there are several level 60s, but they obviously paid their way to that level. Most of the 40-50's here are level 54-57, but our top 100 is pretty much the same. I see several 57s and 58s in there too, I wonder how they're struggling to get up in ranks.
  • Options
    I posted all ranks 20-50. Look again. Night.
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333 woops you posted everything I asked for, thanks. I didnt see it. Anyways night, I'd like to pick your brain when you get back on tomorrow about Opress vs Luke. Maybe we'll take it to pm, I feel bad for ruining this poor fellas thread.

Either way my input on this thread @mattplex is go for the cookie cutter team if you want to level up quick. And have a decent team for GW. If you like being unique and having fun play what you like, but it's going to be slower.
  • Options
    Thread not ruined! I like reading this kind of information haha

How should I set up my team? I'm currently using 2 tanks, 2 healer and 1 dps.
    I know that's not great, because Poe dies almost every time he taunts haha
    However, I am having trouble finding a DPS to replace him and mind you, this is just for questing purposes.

Any ideas to replace him?
    Currently everyone is at lv 20/21.
    Barris 4*, Chewie 3*, Poe 3*, Jawa 3* and Consular 2*.