DoTs

Breetai
858 posts Member
So with the update toons that use DoTs are pretty much left to set on the bench. Sid barely hits harder than bariss now. So I got to thinking about DoTs and protection and I thought it would be a good idea if DoTs bypassed protection and effected health.

I see protection as everyone having a personal shield generater. And if someone under a shields gets effected by some chemical then they would be effected, not the shield.

While to attack them you still need to get through the protection as DoTs do not lower this a all, once you get protection down thier health would be lower and easier to kill.

Well why not just keep the DoTs to dmging protection then as it's the same thing? It's not. While this change has no effect on most toons, this has major effects to healers and RG. Can cause healers to basically wast thier heals, or RG to taunt to soon, or could work to where they actually waited to late to heal or taunt as these things are effected by health, not protection.

This opens another possible strategy to the game and maybe future toons added will also have DoTs

If this was added, I would expect to start seeing Vader being used.

Let me know what you all think