Does any faction team make the grade in Squad Arena?

By faction, I mean 'synergy' or 'all of one type'. I suppose what I'm wondering is, are all the top teams truly the only viable meta, or do people use those because synergy doesn't matter, or are they just easiest to 7* (shipments)?

I know some of you whales out there have every single toon 7* and fully geared, and would know better than I.

So, do any of these work well?
Rebel
(Seems viable after update.)
Resistance
Empire
First Order
Sith
Nightsister/Tusken
Clones

Are Jedi and Droids the only viable all-one-faction squads?

Replies

• A resistance squad would do some damage. Same with a rebel squad.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I personally always go out of my way to use all-one-type squads, but I run droids right now. I have a four star resistance team, though, and they do seem to work pretty well all told. They can generally get me through the second to last node in GW (my GWs tend to work out pretty consistently). I'd also like to know if there are enough of these that work that I can keep using this
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    #2 ?

[img][/img]AyaSqGh.png
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    I use ewoks, and i generally stay top 20. Been having a bit of trouble lately though. I get knocked back to the 30's and 40's overnight sometimes. But i have no problem climbing my way back up. I think we'll start seeing more synergistic teams in the future, after people start getting used to the update. At least i hope so, i am so tired of fighting the same teams over and over again.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    I have seen the Ewoks doing good, droids seem to be making a come back, and some clones. Unfortunately all on other servers and not mine. Mine is still boring.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Resistance used to work really well, but just got a massive nerf. If you used 4 Resistance and a healer you could probably do alright in Arena.

Nightsisters were only slightly viable before the update, they deserved a decent buff but alas, they also got nerfed.

I've faced Rebel teams before and they work really well. I'd recommend going for them.

Droids are easy and a fast farm.

Ewoks are totally awesome, but with protection they can now only just beat the timer on auto with manual select. They are also an extremely slow farm.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • As a rebel user, I have to say they don't work all that well against the great red walls at the top. Lando helps a little but not enough. All the rebels are gear locked at 8 except HRS. If you have droid callers Ackbar can go to 9 also but as a whole the team is too low dmg. Better off running a few rebels and mix in others.
  • So... synergy sucks?
  • Currently it seems so with all the gear Lvl variety. After things even out I think we'll see them in a better light. Rebels should improve with gear Lvl but only time will tell.
  • Yes if you consider dooku (l) then RG and Daka and Rey and gs possibly qgj for the last two a "faction" then yes. Only thing close on top arena old arena is clones. Fives and clone trooper and Rex and dps. Nothing else. Maybe precrafting teams with mild variations good on offense only. I switched to above meta to avoid targeting and it works. After update sadly it is the only team I can use on offense against exact same team.

Nice work with the diversity...
  • So... synergy sucks?

Yep, pretty much.

This is coming from someone who blindly farms them regardless of how bad they are.

I have a full Nightsister squad and my Resistance Squad will be maxed in July.

After a poll I did about Synergy I got the response that synergy is important to them, and they do think it should mean more. The way they will do this is by adding new heroes with unique and leader abilities that synergize well with the faction.

So basically wait until new heroes are introduced to have any chance of having a decent arena team.

E.G. Chief Chirpa turned a mediocre Ewok synergy into a squad that can get #1.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I've seen a few clone squads in rank 1
    ☮ Consular ☮