Need advice on LS 8A hard

Waxx25
62 posts Member
edited April 2016
I started the first hard mission with Darth Maul as boss. Once he took his turn he performed his AOE attack and critical hit my entire team for over 25k dmg killing all of them including a full health 7 star Harris in one hit. Has anyone beat this stage? If so please send some advice my way. As to how you did this.

Replies

• morcsea
    164 posts Member
    I'm having the same problem. I ran Barris, JC, Lumi to help with the healing but still I got crushed by Maul.
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I used maxed 74 Barriss (L),Lumi, Ahsoka + JK (just lvl 70, skills 6) and borrowed a friend´s QGJ. First i killed the droids and when Maul was on his own i healed as much as i could with JK and tried to find a timing for Barriss and Lumi. Healing cooldowns on 4, so i healed with Lumi for example and waited 2 turns in order to heal with Barriss. Meanwhile QGJ was killed by Maul, but this didn´t matter anymore. Edit: forgot to mention Yoda - try to get foresight and use battle meditation afterwards :)
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • I try to use Barris as my lead and borrow Lumi for the extra free healing. Also I don't use all Jedi, I throw Biggs and Fives
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    I used a borrowed maxed lv74 Barris, my team was gear lvl 9 QGJ, lvl 74 lumi, lvl 74 JC, A 6*ahsoka and 5* yoda. On 3rd stage I killed all the droids and my team was full health and Darth Maul just one shot all of them with his AOE. I guess I will just have to wait until I am more leveled up.
  • Darth Maul does double damage to Jedi. Gonna have to build a team around them. That's gonna be very difficult
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    I have mostly Jedi on Light side. It's nearly unbeatable for me too. The tuskan Raiders in the second round are killing my level 73-77/gear 8/7* Jedi thru full health and protection in one shot. Maul kills more than half the remaining toons in one AoE, and leaves the others crippled.

The only way I could finish was to use Ahsoka lead and borrow an old Ben. Their combined dodge rate was helpful, but I still only won with a lot of luck, and one battered, bloody Jedi limping across the finish line. It will take months of farming non Jedi to 3 star this one.
  • Athena
    59 posts Member
    I'm having no luck with this either.

Tried it with 7* Barris (L), 7* Lumi, 7* Ashoka (3 healers), 7* Rey, 6* ST Han and a borrowed level 77 max gear 7* Chewie. Got to Maul with everyone at 100% health, and most still had lots of protection up, but since Maul is immune to all status it seems he still one shot my jedi with his aoe (Rey had foresight so she lived), then it was just Han (at 1/2 health), Chewie and Rey to take him down and they got wrecked. He 2 shots full health Chewie, and one shot Rey and whats left of Han.

Cleared all the level 8 DS hard missions with 3*s using a terrible squad, but even with 7*'s I can't get one LS hard done....
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Athena wrote: »
    I'm having no luck with this either.

Tried it with 7* Barris (L), 7* Lumi, 7* Ashoka (3 healers), 7* Rey, 6* ST Han and a borrowed level 77 max gear 7* Chewie. Got to Maul with everyone at 100% health, and most still had lots of protection up, but since Maul is immune to all status it seems he still one shot my jedi with his aoe (Rey had foresight so she lived), then it was just Han (at 1/2 health), Chewie and Rey to take him down and they got wrecked. He 2 shots full health Chewie, and one shot Rey and whats left of Han.

Cleared all the level 8 DS hard missions with 3*s using a terrible squad, but even with 7*'s I can't get one LS hard done....

I breezed thru dark side hard nodes to. The day after I unlocked them they were done. I think I had to redo 1 to get the 3 star. But the light side 8-a is still unplayable. Jedi are so weak in this game, and there are lots of toons with superpowered anti-Jedi abilities. I really regret going for so many Jedi.

• As mentioned above, you don't want to be Jedi heavy. I 3 starred it with barris (L) (gear 9 7*), fives (gear 9 5*), rey (gear 9 7*), lumi (gear 8 7*), QGJ (gear 9 7*). I think I borrowed a STHan and he was the only one who died. Yes, I had a lot of Jedi, but got quite lucky RNG with maul.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    I haven't been able to beat it yet either. That level makes me want to farm Tuskan Raider.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    As mentioned above, you don't want to be Jedi heavy. I 3 starred it with barris (L) (gear 9 7*), fives (gear 9 5*), rey (gear 9 7*), lumi (gear 8 7*), QGJ (gear 9 7*). I think I borrowed a STHan and he was the only one who died. Yes, I had a lot of Jedi, but got quite lucky RNG with maul.

All but one of my 7* light side toons are Jedi. I get what you're saying, but it's no help now. 2 months from now when I've farmed up some non Jedi lightsiders I'll try again.

• Gala1k
    14 posts Member
    Ok, many ppl tried BO since she's pretty nice on a jedi team but the HP boost isn't relevant since DM one shots every jedi.

Try to use Old Ben and Ashoka as Leaders (preferably Ashoka from a buddy since she dies faster)

Old Ben L 15% evasion, 25% TM up on evade (lvl7 ability). Evasion Boost on basic
    Ashoka L 14% evasion, 15% TM up on evade (lvl7 ability)
    Qgj
    Yoda
    Lumi Evasion Boost on basic
    Rey

Jedi: 29% evasion + 40% tm on evade (rey only gets bonus from OB)
    Save BM from yoda for the last fight and make sure you got your CD ready.
    Foresight +BM.
    Foresight triggers OB and Ashokas TM boost on their leader ability
    Burn through the droids and kill Maul at the End (try to reduce TM with Qgj)
    Hope for some RNG.

I 2* this mission since my Yoda died on DM's AoE. The whole team dogded and survived the fight with nearly full health and protection.
    Ah, and don't try to use OB's mind trick. Just basic attack for his evasion buff.
    DM and the droids all resisted his debuff :(

My ally code if anyone needs Old Ben:
    987 553 722