GW - Open Battle Field

effdash
150 posts Member
(Woo, first topic!)

Between the breaks of playing GoH, I play many other mobile games, and in particular, Marvel Future Fight. Now, I only spend about 45mins on FF compared to hours on GoH, but they are both very similar.

With each update, GoH is adding more and more features that FF already has. FF has "Alliances" and soon GoH will have "guilds". They both function the same way, so I am looking forward to that.

FF has "Villain Siege" and GoH has "Galactic War". In FF you fight boss characters of increasing difficulty. You are meant to use your full roster to complete the mode. Sound similar? The advantages that FF has, that I'd like to see introduced in GoH, are (1) the boss order is visible from the outset and (2) you are free to tackle them in whichever order you choose.

(1) The order being visible is important so you can carefully plan your attack strategy. Translating this to GoH, being able to see your later battle nodes vs only seeing your current node would better allow you to plan out your attack/suicide teams. Knowing you have a Dooku+RG+Rey team as your 10th battle might cause you to not use (and potentially lose) your A-team so early in the War. I think it adds additional strategy versus going into each battle blindly.

(2) Being able to attack in whatever order is a godsend in FF. I used to work my way up to the hardest battle, and would lose many of my best characters trying to reach the end. Sound familiar, again? Once I switched to tackling the hardest battle first, my life got exponentially better. 9/10, if I could take out the hardest boss, I would then go on to win the Siege. In GoH, not only can you not see your full list of opponents, but you are further handicapped by having to start 'easy' and working your way to 'hard'. Allowing us to start from the end, so to speak, would minimize losing your A-team too early in the War. The reward structure should NOT change, that is, just because I beat node 12 does not mean I get the normal node 12 reward. The final battle, even if it be the first node, should still award the final battle reward, per usual.

Right now, there is not a whole lot of War strategy, rather a battle by battle. I'd like to be able to see my War for the day, and plan accordingly.

That's just me, though :)