Suggestion for precraft issue

CronozNL
2869 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hello,

Just a suggestion for the pre-craft gear issue I hope everyone can agree on:
When the sell button disappeared over night and people were not in time to sell what they wanted to, devs decided to give back the sell button for a week to give players a chance to use it.

Is it possible to roll back the extra 50 pieces for let's say 2 days? Gives players a fair chance to use it on the requirements pre-update. This way:
- it is still a restriction for new players or different account players
- people can spend crystals to binge grind the mats for the restricted time frame
- levels the playing field because I remember when the game launched, a lot has been done to make things more fair.

This would be a solution everyone can benefit from in an equal way, even the players that already precrafted and saved up for new pieces can use it again for a limited time.

I guess suggesting to completely move the new pieces to gear IX is very legit but might be asking for too much.

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• This is the solution
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I often wonder if developers even see threads like this if their usernames aren't tagged.

If they do they don't respond to them. I also think the extra required 50 pieces should simply be moved to a higher gear level. No one should be forced to farm 50 extra pieces while others didn't. Unless you spend a ton on energy that takes days and days.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    No one should be forced to farm 50 extra pieces while others didn't.

Key issue right there.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • WWJDl
    67 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    No one should be forced to farm 50 extra pieces while others didn't.

Key issue right there.

Is anyone reading this?
    Response from Dev's would be great.

Smiles n God bless~

• MTan
    42 posts Member
    Agreed, grats to precrafters who capitalised and profitted, we shouldn't have to be penalized for the devs poor decision in rolling out changes. However, players who didn't precraft shouldn't be made to suffer such dire consequences.

Maybe this should be posted in the feedback section? Maybe it might get more attention there?
  • Dev please, do this
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    This would be a fix to get both parties happy.
    However, as I already discussed with my fellow future guild member CrozoNL :smiley: , I personally think the best solution is to take back the precrafted droid callers and furnaces, set the toon a gear level back if it is not qualified anymore and give back all the gear pieces that were used for the precraft and the crafts in the new gear level.
    I also managed to obtain 3 droid callers, but I don't mind to give them back if that's fair for other people. It would be a great loss to me, but respect and fairplay comes for great power! :wink:
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ^I agree, that is the fairest.

There's also an alternative solution that has a precedent.

When Vader was exploited, they simply reduced his abilities/stats until the point in time where people could have legitimately achieved those Vader levels.

They could temporarily remove the gear 9 stat increases. AFTER they make those gear pieces available, they could restore it.

So, for instance, they could cap RG protection at 10K. And lift the cap after they add those gear drops. The precrafters still get a head start. They still got their pieces at a huge discount. But they can't play with their exploited toys until a few days before everyone else.

But at this point in time, they may have their hands full with other problems. They are still trying to fix several bugs, in case we haven't noticed. The latest patch notes list a bunch of bugs that "were fixed," but which are still exactly the same, lol. To QGJ, for example.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    delete
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I think there's a more obvious solution.

When Vader was exploited, they simply reduced his abilities/stats until the point in time where people could have legitimately achieved those Vader levels.

They could temporarily remove the gear 9 stat increases. AFTER they make those gear pieces available, they could restore it.

So, for instance, they could cap RG protection at 10K. And lift the cap after they add those gear drops. The precrafters still get a head start. They still got their pieces at a huge discount. But they can't play with their exploited toys until a few days before everyone else.

That would also be a good solution. However the new gear will be available next week I guess with the introducement of the guilds? So fixing this for 1 week only is a bit too much effort I guess:p
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Also, I don't know if it's possible, but the strictly fairest solution would be to roll back all those precrafted gears. Remove them from the toons who have equipped them, and return them to the exact components they started as. Since the new components are not available, that means they don't have enough parts to craft this new item, yet. No one has these parts.
    Yes that's what I said before :smiley:
  • This would be fair enough.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Pity bump
  • DrMage
    43 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Don't you think this gear could be a reward for upcoming guilds activities?
    Dev's formally apologized for GW and challenges issues and said NOTHING about pre-crafted gear
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @DrMage Yes and no but that is not the problem in my opinion.
    The problem is that people that had a chance to precraft (and this is completely random because people can have mats but just didn't push the final craft button) are now having to farm ? x 50 less new materials for their main team.

In other words, people going to gear 9 now have to farm 50 pieces of new gear where they had the oppertunity to craft it as well for the mats they were supposed to be crafted for.

It's not about the time it takes for the new gear to unlock, it's the difference in already farmed 5 toons to gear 9 or having to start and farm them when the gear gets out for who knows how long.

I doubt we get 50 pieces a day considering the 50 other pieces takes weeks to farm. It's dodgy, not fair, stealthed and actually the biggest insult thus far.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    That would mean we are months behind the current precrafters.
    Once they get to farm their new pieces they can save them up and if meta switches they can gear 9 all their new toons where we are still trying to finish our first 5.

It's a snowballing effect this way that makes you ALWAYS run weeks behind on the people that were able to precraft. Adding gear now and slowly grinding them is NOT the solution to this because of said reasons.

Think a bit further ahead than just; we get them next week. GL farming 250 new gear pieces and when you are done to find out meta changed and you have to farm 250 new pieces where precrafters already saved up 250 new gear to make the instant change.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Every day that goes by is another we fall further behind the people who precrafted.

Maybe the devs were fired after the last update. It's been too quiet lately.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Bringing this back.

Even after all the raid gear updates, it will take months to get the unobtainable gear pieces you need doing even T6 raids. Sure some people get lucky and get the full piece, but 1/50 is an awful rate for people to obtain unobtainable gear.

When my guild did a T6 raid (Mighty Chlorians represent), I got 5 pieces towards a furnace...5!! It will take 10 T6 raids to get 1 furnace at that rate! Let alone the RNG factor that will give pieces towards 1 of 5 of the different unobtainable gear pieces. So if things go sour, you're looking at 50 T6 raids to get one furnace realistically. That translates to 100 days of playing (assuming 2 days per T6), to get ONE piece of gear. That is outrageous and frankly I'm dumbfounded that we are being held to this standard for this game.

Sure there are people that get better drops than this, but for 90% of the FTP player base (myself included), asking this much from us for one piece of gear leaves me speechless.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera If there's been some work towards the unobtainable gear obtainability, it would be great to know since we haven't heard too much on it yet (mainly relating to how non-top tier players will get this gear).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Obviously they're not willing to bend on rolling back. At least make all the gear we need readily availble in shipments. Including droid callers and other pieces besides the elusive furnace.

Devs, people are willing to buy crystals to get them. I don't see the point in making them super-rare/take months to obtain through raids while other people who precrafted are at a higher level and are dominating in the arena.

Why is this such a hard issue to take care of? Thread after thread about this and we're still given no solution. People are frustrated and wanting to compete. Wanting to pay even to get this gear you dropped on us.

Have a conscience and make your customers happy.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    Obviously they're not willing to bend on rolling back. At least make all the gear we need readily availble in shipments. Including droid callers and other pieces besides the elusive furnace.

Devs, people are willing to buy crystals to get them. I don't see the point in making them super-rare/take months to obtain through raids while other people who precrafted are at a higher level and are dominating in the arena.

Why is this such a hard issue to take care of? Thread after thread about this and we're still given no solution. People are frustrated and wanting to compete. Wanting to pay even to get this gear you dropped on us.

I do like that they are making them more available, but I won't be paying 1600 crystals for one piece and neither will other FTPs. It's a step in the right direction, but there's still a ton to be done to equalize the playing field.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

I do like that they are making them more available, but I won't be paying 1600 crystals for one piece and neither will other FTPs. It's a step in the right direction, but there's still a ton to be done to equalize the playing field.

A lot of people are willing to pay though. As of now it seems the only unobtainable available in shipments is the furnace, and lots of people hare having trouble getting it. I haven't seen one in days.

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

A lot of people are willing to pay though. As of now it seems the only unobtainable available in shipments is the furnace, and lots of people hare having trouble getting it. I haven't seen one in days.

Yeah I haven't seen one either. Come to think of it I haven't seen any unobtainable gear yet...only stuff we can get already.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Great solution. Please look into this @EA_Jesse