Humbling Blow bugs (and something that might be intended)

Prev134
So, I just had a battle against a Dooku-lead team and I used QGJ's Humbling Blow to dispell Dooku's offense up. My team gained the offense up, Dooku didn't resist the attack's effect but he kept the offense up. Another behavior I saw was an AI QGJ who was able to dispell Yoda's tenacity up effect, and it didn't behave that way pre-patch.

Replies

• Posting this (and updating it) as I can conduct further tests. So far, tenacity up and associated buffs (on the defensive character) are being dispelled by Tenacity Up (as given by Rex's Squad Discipline). Has Tenacity Up been re-worked to be a percentage increase? Or is this not working as intended?

Thanks.
  • JherenKharr
    49 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Posting this (and updating it) as I can conduct further tests. So far, tenacity up (as given by Rex's Squad Discipline) and associated buffs (on the defensive character) are being dispelled by Humbling Blow. Has Tenacity Up been re-worked to be a percentage increase? Or is this not working as intended?

Thanks.

Moved or altered the bolded items; I think that's what you mean, just to clarify the issue. This is relevant to my interests- Rex is the leader of my clone team. Looks like I'm about to take a dive out of the top five lol.

@EA_Jesse could you look into this and clarify if this is an intended change to the Tenacity Up effect? Thanks!
  • Same for me. Other team's QGJ successfully dispelled my Yoda's Tenacity Up and gave his team Offense Up.

Is Tenacity up not 99.9999% anymore or is it a bug?

Thanks!

@EA_Jesse @CG_NotReallyAJedi
  • Will ask about this on Monday when everyone is back in the office.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Thanks for the reply @EA_Jesse :smiley:
  • Tenacity Up: Always Resists negative status effects

QGJ isn't applying a negative status effect.

What's the problem?
  • Dispel attempts have always been checked as 'negative status effect' and, like any negative status effects, fails 100% of the time against Tenacity Up. The dispel attempt appears to have changed to ALWAYS remove Tenacity Up, not even get tested against the attacked character's base tenacity like a 'negative status effect.'

This is especially brutal when facing QGJ, as he dispels this with his Humbling Blow and grants Offense Up seemingly all the time, rather than the occasional fail if he attempts to dispel another type of buff.

If Dispels or Tenacity Up have been changed intentionally, it should be stated in update notes. Otherwise this appears to be a bug.
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Confirmed bugged. Ran tests this evening and it now has 100% dispel rate(sans dodges). I'm willing to bet them moving the dispel calculation to the front of the attack is bypassing any tenacity reductions.

@CG_RyDiggs
    @CG_JohnSalera

Love you guys but just rendered any non-RG tank useless as well as junked Rex and Yoda.
  • Tenacity Up: Always Resists negative status effects

QGJ isn't applying a negative status effect.

What's the problem?

An OP bug was fixed.
  • Lol, guarantee this is fixed quick. Imagine being able to dispel Yoda in his event now. That would be amazing.
  • Oobydoob wrote: »
    Lol, guarantee this is fixed quick. Imagine being able to dispel Yoda in his event now. That would be amazing.

Pretty sure that was what they did in the patch notes. Something about toning down 2 levels.
  • Oobydoob
    229 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    TerraArran wrote: »
    Oobydoob wrote: »
    Lol, guarantee this is fixed quick. Imagine being able to dispel Yoda in his event now. That would be amazing.

Pretty sure that was what they did in the patch notes. Something about toning down 2 levels.

They actually fixed and buffed Yoda in the notes. I think he's more powerful now that they seem to want all dispels/grants (correctly imo) to be moved to the front of the calculation.

Dispel has been confirmed many times to be potency vs tenacity and it just appears the calculation for the mini patch today was not completed correctly.

If it doesn't get fixed soon they just went from an exclusive meta pre-patch to and even more exclusive meta post patch. No ability should be 100% imo.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Whether this is a bug or not, it never used to be this way.
    If this is now WAI, the ability becomes close to useless. Not only is it too easy to remove, part of its utility before was specifically to STOP Humbling Blow early in the game.
    Might as well just put Yoda out to pasture if this ain't gonna be fixed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Title says it all.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Maybe some info on Monday
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/310524#Comment_310524

I personally hope it is working as intended, but somehow I doubt it.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/310524#Comment_310524

Do you just hate yoda?
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Sorry mods feel free to merge this...I didn't see the other thread.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »

Do you just hate yoda?

No. IMO when an ability states it will "dispel all positive status effects from all enemies" than it should do that. Tenacity up is a posit I've status effect.

I have learned to work around the fact that it wasn't dispelled before and if it is decided that is how it should not be dispelled I will go with it. I would just like an answer from the makers how it should be, Instead of the guessing debate game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Do you just hate yoda?

No. IMO when an ability states it will "dispel all positive status effects from all enemies" than it should do that. Tenacity up is a posit I've status effect.

I have learned to work around the fact that it wasn't dispelled before and if it is decided that is how it should not be dispelled I will go with it. I would just like an answer from the makers how it should be, Instead of the guessing debate game.

Considering this wasn't specifically mentioned in the patch notes and knowing that humbling blow was messed with for this latest patch, I think it's safe to assume it's a bug.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    So we could add "except tenacity up" at the end of the dispel description....and there was much rejoicing.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Do you just hate yoda?

Considering this wasn't specifically mentioned in the patch notes and knowing that humbling blow was messed with for this latest patch, I think it's safe to assume it's a bug.

Well the reason humbling blow was messed with was because it wasn't working properly, how do we know the bug wasn't what was happening before?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Do you just hate yoda?

Well the reason humbling blow was messed with was because it wasn't working properly, how do we know the bug wasn't what was happening before?

Because that probably would have been mentioned in the notes.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Did someone mention bugs?
    2016-04-17-00-43-27--27776884.jpeg
  • scuba wrote: »

Do you just hate yoda?

Agreed. I'm of the other camp where I believe Tenacity Up should be immune to Dispel, however I can live with it being dispellable as long as the Devs officially state that it's interaction with Dispel has changed, which is not found anywhere. As it is, this is an undocumented change so it appears to be a bug. I'd appreciate an official statement one way or the other.

What I do believe is that it being dispellable 100% of the time is a bug; it makes Tenacity Up fairly weak and a free buff (QGJ) or heal (Asajj) opportunity. If it can be dispelled, the dispeller's potency should be tested against the attacked character's tenacity plus some bonus (it IS Tenacity Up after all) so there is a chance for the dispel to fail.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    So we could add "except tenacity up" at the end of the dispel description....and there was much rejoicing.

Not rejoicing and i would not like it but i would deal with it, as i have since the release of yoda.

Again i would just like to know which way it is supposed to work. I am sure it is going to go the way it was before. Hope for the best... plan for the worst.
  • Also HK can now land defence down over battle meditation
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    So if it's resist all vs remove all it should just come down to QGJ's 140% potency vs whoever's tenacity which I'm ok with. If it's indeed true that it takes away the effects 100% of the time then I agree that's a problem.
  • The problem is - you are smart enough to not jump into farming Yoda before you see it in action, so you miss the first event and then get owned by all Yoda teams cos of his awesome damage and his awesome skills .. because of his tenacity making enemy Qui dispel try do nothing ... Then you start farm Yoda because you see how shiny he is - it is not like the rest toons where your greatest strategy is to start the game, and waste your energy tapping the button several times. Yoda farming required a window when the event is on /or you should wait another month if you miss it. It requires 5 Jedi on 7 stars / this is 7.5 milions credits just for upgrade to 6 and 7 stars/ , crystals to refresh cantina and normal energy /i used 700 per day for cantina battles only/ . Then finaly when you got 5 7stars Jedi and you eneter Yoda last battle you start getting 1 hit killed by Yoda and you realize you need all those Jedi to be Gear level 7-8 in order to finish the event ... more money, more credits, more crystals to equip and level them all up to 70 /1 character from level 1 to level 70 is about 2 milion credits/ .. then finaly you get Yoda at the cost of 5 of some other player toons who choose the easy path.. but it is totaly worthy ! .. for 3 weeks ... until 1 day patch change turn him into useless average toon.

Now imagine tomorrow they remove RG auto taunt , Rey offence when not debuffed and FOTP multiatack. Imagine if you have invested so much money and time into acquaring those 3 characters. Now multiply this dissapointment by 5 , because Yoda costed 5 times this money and time ... Now you can get how we feel about this bug/intentional change.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Will ask about this on Monday when everyone is back in the office.

@EA_Jesse While your doing that can you please look into HK landing defence down over tenacity up as well thanks!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member

Not rejoicing and i would not like it but i would deal with it, as i have since the release of yoda.

Again i would just like to know which way it is supposed to work. I am sure it is going to go the way it was before. Hope for the best... plan for the worst.

"And there was much rejoicing." was just a monty python reference...I didn't really think you were rejoicing.