Galactic War

Prev13
Just lost to a lvl 60 purple team with mostly the same characters as mine. Frustrating when they attack first and stun/kill all of your characters just because the developers think its a strategic way to play the game.

Heres to the hopes of better rng tomorrow that will let me get in an attack. It was just a blast watching all of my characters die, thanks guys.

Replies

• The RNG gods strike again and you'll make it back. As you grow your reserve roster you'll find this easier and easier. Remember to use retreat strategically and don't be afraid to toss some low levels in to absorb the first wave of the AI specials as they will all get blown first turn. Then swap in the A team and do work.
  • Start with a team of tanks to absorb the stuns and AOE then retreat and sub in your best team
  • 1. Don't train any of your characters in the middle of a GW run. I noticed that whenever I took a break from GW and trained a character the next opponent was 4-5 levels higher than me.

2. If one character that's vital to your success is about to die retreat and regroup. After your opponent has 1 character left(you should always leave a Barriss/Chewie/or any high health/low dps for last), bring in your damaged character with an Ewok Elder. The Ewok Elder is amazing for Galatic wars, you get a 100% revive every 8 turns. After you revive or get your heals off retreat again, and put in some low dps guys with decent health and reduce your cooldown for your Elder.

3. Always take out the quickest characters first e.g. Dooku/Sid.

4. Don't be greedy. If you think retreating is a waste time and that your character might get lucky think again, I've been facerolled by this too many times.

If anyone else has anything else to add feel free to post.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Here are some more tips.

1. Assassination party. Have a secondary group with lesser character go in and kill just one opponent then retreat.

2. If you are going up against a group with a lot of AOE cooldowns, have your 5 lowest character go in and get wiped out on AOEs. Then come back and show those Jawas whos boss.

3. If you get dotted up or other negative status retreat. Chewie taunt you just as your about to kill the healer of Sid. Retreat.

4. Have essential characters that are low on juice you want healed or you just want to get your heals on CD. Wait until that last character is left alive(I suggest healers so they heal themselves. Bring in your healers and a couple very low level characters and very slowly dps them down while your mains get healed up.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    Here are some more tips.

1. Assassination party. Have a secondary group with lesser character go in and kill just one opponent then retreat.

2. If you are going up against a group with a lot of AOE cooldowns, have your 5 lowest character go in and get wiped out on AOEs. Then come back and show those Jawas whos boss.

3. If you get dotted up or other negative status retreat. Chewie taunt you just as your about to kill the healer of Sid. Retreat.

4. Have essential characters that are low on juice you want healed or you just want to get your heals on CD. Wait until that last character is left alive(I suggest healers so they heal themselves. Bring in your healers and a couple very low level characters and very slowly dps them down while your mains get healed up.

Nice tips, but there's no point of putting in all 5 of your lowest characters, the AI will use their aoe skill even if it's for one character. If you're using this strat you might as well put in 1 at a time.
  • You need a team of 5. It wont let you send less unless you have less.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    You need a team of 5. It wont let you send less unless you have less.

No you don't need a team of 5, I've put Chewie in solo several times to gain taunt back against Barriss with plenty of live teammates.

• Oh okay, I didnt know that. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to remember that on heavy aoe teams in the future.

• I don't agree with the cannon fodder strategy, as long as you have a sufficient number of healers. Because they get killed, so it's not repeatable. If I see an AoE heavy group, instead I put in a bunch of tanks, let them soak up the first blast, then remove them and put them back in later to heal.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • You can repeat it as much as you want, and retreat anytime you want.

• Qeltar wrote: »
    I don't agree with the cannon fodder strategy, as long as you have a sufficient number of healers. Because they get killed, so it's not repeatable. If I see an AoE heavy group, instead I put in a bunch of tanks, let them soak up the first blast, then remove them and put them back in later to heal.
    Thats fine if you have 5 max level tanks. For me, I have MORE than enough cannon fodder :wink:
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    You can repeat it as much as you want, and retreat anytime you want.

It's only repeatable if you level your cannon fodder up high enough so they can survive the AoE. You cannot put dead characters back into the game once you have exited with them dead.
  • Oh I dont care if they die. As long as they absorb the aoe i couldnt care less what my level 11 1 stars do.

• Finn
    111 posts Member
    will 1st day i unlock it i did like 9 battles without big deal and now day 2 i barely win 5 fights and lost my 6th battle used same team 1st day with more gear up and and level which make me wonder what am doing wrong i have only 1 team that is 3-4 stars back up team 1-2 star without healer (have 2 healers use them in main team) have heard a lot about retreat dose that mean restart from beginning of the table or am i getting it wrong any advice will be good
    current team
    luke skywalker 3* lv41 gear 4
    poggle the lesser 4* lv40 gear 5 (got from bronze pack)
    chewbacca 3* lv 30 gear 5
    Jawa 3*lv40 gear 4
    poe 3*lv40 gear 5
    talia 3* lv40 gear 5
    jedi consular 2* lv40 gear 5

should i upgrade or care about the fellow troops never hear anyone mention them
    first order stormtrooper 2* lv39 gear 3
    snowtrooper 1* lv36 gear 3
    Ewok scout 1* lv 35 gear 4
    royal guard 1* lv35 gear 3
    clone sergeant phase 1 1* lv34 gear 4

am i doing something wrong here plz advise i know they are many posts about GW but most are high end people
  • That's a toughie, I dont know how I'd complete my GW without my sid. I use the hit and run tactic when I have a tough opponent, and sid goes first unless there's a dooku.
  • Get Luminara. Be patient though
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    So I should reset till I get better team then advance?
    What about the guys with 1-2* should I invest on them?
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited December 2015
    Yeah be patient. Getting GW farmable will take some effort as you need a lot more diversity than most other content in the game.

Healers: Get your JC starred and geared as best you can. He's going to be your best until you get Luminara. He's pretty easy to farm also. So at this point you'd have talia and JC for heals and you'll get Lumi soon.

Tanks: Chewie is a decent starter tank and I still use him for a B-Squad tank sometimes, depending on what I am facing. You already have Poe and he's not too difficult to farm, so work on him also.

Damage: Starting with what you have, use jawa and Luke but wrk hard on Sid from the arena shipments. If you can finish too 200 on your realm, he is a bit over a week away. (Less if you got any shards from Chromium) keep farming him until 7* as he will fit almost any team.

Other Awesome GW Heroes:
    1. Barriss - Helps a ton with passive healing over time as well as a decent oh-no button. Her heals can also work when facing a heal immunity, just don't count on much damage coming from her. She isn't really farmable until 5-Hard and even then it will take a while.
    2. Ewok Elder - Again, not a very fast farm, but immensely helpful for his heal and revive. I'll use him to heal low health heroes while waiting out cool downs.
    3. Royal guard - I mention him here since you already have him unlocked. I wouldn't go nuts gearing and leveling him, but he isn't bad for GW due to his automatic taunt which can protect some of your glass cannon heroes like the tie pilot.

Due to the current meta, you will face Sid, Barriss, Dooku, JC, and Lumi in a huge number of your battles so study up on them and their abilities so you can counter them.

Other than that, just keep leveling.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    *Use "Suicide Squad" to make their tank Cheww to waste his taunt. Then use your main squad to kill them. I only use this when i have trouble on the 9th or 10th battles.

*If one of your player died. You can double tap on your game and close out. And retry.

* use retreat, sometime i bring extra healer to heal then retreat, or swap player.

*Kill their squishy player first like Sid. i usually dont want to kill Dooku first since his coutner-attack is annoying.

• Finn
    111 posts Member
    is retreat same as restart i hear it a lot in GW but dont get it if video shared to how to do it will be appreciated
  • Galactic War is a different battle from all the other battles in the game. So if you have a squad that works great in other battles, this doesn't say much about how good it is for Galactic War.

Also note that RNG (Random Number Generator or Random Number God) plays a big role here, as RNG not only determines how your opponents play the battle, but also which opponents you will face in the first place.

Some more hints and insights are listed here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2678/winning-galactic-war-the-strategy-and-tactics/
  • Retreat is done through the cog up left in your screen. It will not restart your gw. You will be able to change chars and resume from the exact same place you left. Including dead oponents and current health to living ones.

Starting with your heals is generally a bad idea, unless they hit fast and hard. Retreating also takes off current buffs from both teams, but keep the downtime. So its very usefull for taunts or huge ability blocks you might have suffered.

I first finished gw at 47, and have finished it everyday since then. Master the retreat, it's your best tool.

Also worth noting is that fast chars will attack first again, use them a lot, and take fast oponents asap.
  • Wait Royal Guard has auto taunt?
  • Wait Royal Guard has auto taunt?

he has a chance to taunt when any ally falls below 30% max hp
    mighty chlorians
  • Royal Guard is useful in extremely fast fights, because he can taunt when needed, even if it is not his turn.
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    so how far should i upgrade my royal guard?
    also now i am at my 7th battle which i was stuck to it yesterday if i finished 7-8 will i get 400 war tokens or only 100?
  • I would put spare resources into him but not as a priority. To get the taunt will rely on level and ability training.
  • Anyone else starting to see random shard drops in earlier GW battles? I just got a Sid shard on the 8th battle(yellow crate). No, I did not get a screen shot I was too surprised to see it lol.
  • I got two today and was pretty sure I hadn't before. They're random but free so.. nice.
  • I see a lot of talk about how tough GW is and was just wondering what peoples current record or standings on it were. Currently I'm 10-2 or 10-3. I can only think of two times I didn't finish but I might of forgotten one.
This discussion has been closed.